World Event: Fuji 700PP 10 laps | Any car | xx:00 /:30

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 701 comments
I was thinking of starting an F40 event so its a yes from me. 👍 I have done a best lap of 1'39.332 in clean air and embarassed a few GTRs and calis in the process :sly:

Good lap man:tup: I have a pb 39.6 FR but i only tweaked the gear ratios for this..With a full setup i'll be up to your pace. What times do you race mate?

Hi :)

With sixaxis in clean 1.39.018 and draft 1.38.344.

2 other fast guys had in clean 1.38.7xx and 1.38.8xx, but I think when you learn the car to drive (could take little time) and if you use wheel, its possible to get a midle or lov 38`s

Yes, sorry -0,08

Per
Thanks for the lap times, I just did a quick session and the car understeered a little too much and I can't get the car to brake well for the corner after the long right-hander. And I use a wheel (see my signature). BTW You're laptimes are great, I only got 41's. Maybe I have to learn the car to drive like you said.

Thanks for the lap times, I just did a quick session and the car understeered a little too much and I can't get the car to brake well for the corner after the long right-hander. And I use a wheel (see my signature). BTW You're laptimes are great, I only got 41's. Maybe I have to learn the car to drive like you said.

Yes, it takes little time, but you can start to changes the brakes to 3-7 and I guess thats better for you. I prefer harder, but I use more sixaxis and its better for my drivingstyle..But I know what you mean..its little different with wheel..:)

Per

Yes, it takes little time, but you can start to changes the brakes to 3-7 and I guess thats better for you. I prefer harder, but I use more sixaxis and its better for my drivingstyle..But I know what you mean..its little different with wheel..:)

Per
I will try that, thanks. I'm hitting low 40's now, but I really don't know how you managed a 1'38.7. Can you upload a replay or something? Or I'll upload a replay of my lap and you can give me tips, OK. I really want to improve my laptimes and be competetive.

Last edited:
great racing here!! all the time full grids and those japanese guys are very nice to race with! had great races with 2 cali's and 2 clio's against me in the skyline coupe tuned!!

by the way, fastest Skyline Coupe Tuned with slipstream 1.37:5**

👍

Chris

I will try that, thanks. I'm hitting low 40's now, but I really don't know how you managed a 1'38.7. Can you upload a replay or something? Or I'll upload a replay of my lap and you can give me tips, OK. I really want to improve my laptimes and be competetive.

Well, my best is 1.39.018, but have some friends who have raced 1.38.7xx and I think one of them catch this time yesterday:)

If your lap is down to low 40 I guess you loose some time in some of these corners: 1. corner and in the Hairpin 6. and 10, and maybe 16.

Whats your T2? 52, 5 or over 53?

Per

Last edited:
Well, my best is 1.39.018, but have some friends who have raced 1.38.7xx and I think one of them catch this time yesterday:)

If your lap is down to low 40 I guess you loose some time in some of these corners: 1. corner and in the Hairpin 6. and 10, and maybe 16.

Whats your T1? 52, 5 or over 53?

Per
My best T1 is 20.8 and my best T2 is maybe 52.7. My best lap is 39.9 with those splits, but average is low 40's. I'll upload a replay of my best lap so you can see where I'm losing time. And what are your best splits

Just did 1'39.439 with no draft in California, in 1on1 race with VV-Ti ? from Italy
I don't remember what was my previous best with this event.

I had my fastest lap tonight in gtr, 1:37.8 in auto as I have g27 and can't manage 6 speed shifter. I was racing against bergtaxi from ca.
btw
I cant use 6 speed shifter because I have 1 arm, believe me i've tried

Ive managed to hit a high 1:38xx in the R8 racing against a french dude in a california. What you lose in the straight you more than make up for in the bends and the acceleration of the R8 is well underrated IMO.

Ive managed to hit a high 1:38xx in the R8 racing against a french dude in a california. What you lose in the straight you more than make up for in the bends and the acceleration of the R8 is well underrated IMO.

Yes, thats right :) Yesterday I raced with a GTR and Cali and me in R8 (off course) and get some low and high 38`s. Had a little bad 1. lap but total was 16.37.964. They are faster at straight, but in the corner I had to slow down for not hit them. The race was really hot and fun, but cant understand why not more people use that car. :) 💡

Per

Last edited:
Yes, thats right :) Yesterday I raced with a GTR and Cali and me in R8 (off course) and get some low and high 38`s. Had a little bad 1. lap but total was 16.37.964. They are faster at straight, but in the corner I had to slow down for not hit them. The race was really hot and fun, but cant understand why not more people use that car. :) 💡

Per
Really, LOW 38's.:drool: Have you got a new tune or something. If you do than PM me.;) I can't go online now anymore cause I'm moved, but I think I am back online in about a week or two.

:sly:
Really, LOW 38's.:drool: Have you got a new tune or something. If you do than PM me.;) I can't go online now anymore cause I'm moved, but I think I am back online in about a week or two.

It was a lot off draft here :) but maked some changes with a tune I have and it works very well..:)

..but in clean today I got 1.39.016, so little faster than my old 1.39.018 :yuck:

Per

Last edited:
He does that during the races too. If you want to know why, you would actually have to ask him. Gonna take the R8 out today to see if I can get it anywhere near his time. 1'39.0s with R3/R3 and high 1'38s with R3/R2 (only after two lap though). Last week of vacationing, if I can't get it this week it's never going to happen.

Do this yourself and test this while hotlapping. Nail a good exit onto the straight but stay on the black stuff, check your speed at the line. Then do what he does and you'll soon find out why 👎

So are the fast times being generated because they have all 4 wheels off the 'track' at some point (green areas are considered off track)?

No it picks up about two mph. I don't think that it'll make a significant difference in your time. Regardless, it's still a hell of a lap for the R8 though.

No it picks up about two mph. I don't think that it'll make a significant difference in your time. Regardless, it's still a hell of a lap for the R8 though.

there are also couple of replays from High Speed Ring where the top drivers are fully on the grass .... 👎

Chris

I just PM Shurik regarding running another lap without the grass. I'm sure the times won't be far off. I'll repost it once he sent it to me.

Don't forget the 2mph he would have carried all the way down the entire straight when he came down it at the beginning of the lap, from grass glitching in the prior lap's final turn exit.

Let's hope for one of our smart people to chime in and figure out how many tenths that knocks off after calculating against the length of Fuji's straight. Where's Clacksman when you need him? :dopey:

Back