World of Warships(Free to Play)

The Moon
nofxmike06
NOFXMIKE06
Hey, everyone! Here is a new game coming soon. I figured the military history/military equipment buffs would enjoy this one. The website states that this game will unite with World of Tanks and World of Warplanes to become one single MMO experience. Check it out! http://worldofwarships.com/

OBT is out and it's almost 95% of what I expected it to be.... Fun, and a grind.

The other 5% is the piss-poor sound problems the game is happening. Whenever you fire off a full salvo it's like the soundcard for EVERYONE just wants to die. Nothing about it is optimized, and makes me nervous about what it's doing to my speakers...

Anyone else playing?
shot-15.08.16_19.03.52-0587.jpg

I'm trying to learn using torpedoes right when playing on a destroyer. Accidental teamkills are no fun. :D

My progress now is: a tier 2 American destroyer (Sampson), tier 2 cruiser (Chester), Japanese tier 3 cruiser (Tenryu) and the tier 2 destroyer (Umikaze). If I like the game, I'll possibly buy a premium Russian ship (Aurora cruiser) - something I'd like to have.

I'm one when I can be.

I've got the Fuso (T6 I think) Japanese battleship right now... working to get the Yamato. I purchased a premium membership for two weeks to help me out because some of the BB's just downright suck.

The only thing that I don't like about the game aspect is team work. That just doesn't exist in a wargamming game, but here it is crucial. You need destroyers out ahead of the cruisers and battleships, but close enough to be supported, and you need the carriers close enough to where the respawn times for their planes are faster than the enemies, but far enough not to be a target..

If you got just one team where it was a perfect world, I bet no one would die... (okay maybe one person)..

I play it almost every day. As much as I hate it it can be fun. :lol: I main Hatsuharu at the moment, soon to get Fuso and have the Ryujo waiting around.

Depends what you have in your laptop. I have a desktop with a very much dead video card and I run 10 fps but it's tolerable. The game is slow paced enough that it won't bother you.

I play sometimes. Currently using the Miyogi.
Make sure you upgrade the Miyogi if you haven't already and seem like it's taking for ever to get anywhere. You'll rake in a lot more xp.

How is this game using a laptop? I'm thinking about downloading it.
I have an HP Envy with an AMD A10-5750m and an AMD Radeon 8650G. Works pretty good I guess. I get anywhere from 30-45 fps with drops down to 10, but the drops don't last that long. Graphics are on the medium to low end just to keep it smooth. Smooth game play is what you want, so if you can hold 20 fps steady then that's all you need, because it is a slooooow game.

It's like you guys have to get so close to kill us BB's and then when you do appear out of your smoke, you're less than 2 kms away, and I still have AP loaded for other BB's and I need HE loaded to smite you guys...

Just had a great game. True I sacrificed myself but there was nothing better than to watch 6 torpedoes slam into a battleship and sink it from full health.

Downloaded it yesterday and I can safely say this: I'm terrible.

Nonetheless it's still fun. I'm just praying for gamepad support soon. A laptop isn't the best for PC games.

We should division up sometime! But not today, much too late. Or maybe I'll just wait for the day I run into one of you and stomp on ya. :sly:
Yeah, my ID is Swagger897 (surprise!!... not) but tomorrow night around 9 pm EST will be best.
Downloaded it yesterday and I can safely say this: I'm terrible.

Nonetheless it's still fun. I'm just praying for gamepad support soon. A laptop isn't the best for PC games.
Buy a cheap Logitech mouse. That's what I'm using.

Myougi - the tier 4 Japanese battleship I'm playing on right now - requires some time to get used (and to unlock the third hull, without which, you're dead meat against attack planes) - two turrets in the back and only one in front. But it can be a troll ship. When the enemy just started moving and some are spotted, 18 km range + recon plane allow you to troll them from a very high distance. One spawned just a minute ago, and then 356 mm HE shells come out of nowhere and sets him on fire. :D

Also got the first carrier, Hosho, and I'm already used to plane controlling. It's fun. I usually use two torpedo planes on one target, setting the attack directions to take the enemy into "scissors" so he can't escape my attack. :sly:

What I like about this game is the dynamic gameplay. It's not like in WoT where you can move out of a cover then quickly hide back. A ship gains speed slowly (and stops slowly, too). A stopped ship is a very easy target. So you always have to keep moving.

I'm on the EU server. Where is everyone else?
I'm on the RU server. Different servers require different accounts.

Back