World of Warships(Free to Play)

Myougi - the tier 4 Japanese battleship I'm playing on right now - requires some time to get used (and to unlock the third hull, without which, you're dead meat against attack planes) - two turrets in the back and only one in front. But it can be a troll ship. When the enemy just started moving and some are spotted, 18 km range + recon plane allow you to troll them from a very high distance. One spawned just a minute ago, and then 356 mm HE shells come out of nowhere and sets him on fire. :D

Also got the first carrier, Hosho, and I'm already used to plane controlling. It's fun. I usually use two torpedo planes on one target, setting the attack directions to take the enemy into "scissors" so he can't escape my attack. :sly:

What I like about this game is the dynamic gameplay. It's not like in WoT where you can move out of a cover then quickly hide back. A ship gains speed slowly (and stops slowly, too). A stopped ship is a very easy target. So you you always have to keep moving.

I'm on the RU server. Different servers require different accounts.
Yup... the Myogi requires you to go in directions you really don't want to to get the rear turrets pointed where you want them..

Comes in good hand learning all those skills while in the Fuso. The problem with the Fuso though is that it is sooo long, you have to look at what battery is going to be fired off and adjust shots based on that too..

I made an Asian account but in the Log In menu of the game I can only select EU server. Is there a way to choose Asian Sever or its not online yet? So I made an EU account instead.

Try downloading the launcher from the Asian site? Might need a separate game entirely for it to work, but I don't know.
I will try thanks!

Edit:

Yep. There are different versions of the game ...I guess its ok so I can play in different servers. Downloading it again...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yup... the Myogi requires you to go in directions you really don't want to to get the rear turrets pointed where you want them..
First, you have to choose the flank you want to attack from, then start turning the turrets into the proper side BEFORE you go into the action. However, if the situation suddenly changes, you'll be in trouble switching your main firepower to the other side.

The American cruiser St. Louis is a different thing, she has lots of guns in the side sponsons (with 5 sec reload time on each), allowing for rapid fire (very fun! :sly:) and to switch the attacking side instantly.
The Russian cruiser Aurora is similar, not so many cannons but they're more powerful.

BTW, I was choosing a Russian ship to buy, Aurora (T3) or Murmansk (T5). I searched some info about Murmansk and found out that it's basically an American Omaha-class cruiser, USS Milwaukee, transferred to the Soviet Navy and renamed to Murmansk. So I guess it's not different from Omaha from the American branch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Milwaukee_(CL-5)

I think I'll go with the Aurora. It's tier 3, but it's unique and historically attractive. A legend.
Aurora_render.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_cruiser_Aurora

I love naval combat game but there is no way in hell my PC could run this. If this comes to PS4 I'll definitely try it out though.

So...after days of tolerating the extreme lag of the EU servers, I've downloaded the Asian Version of the game and I found out you can't have two versions of the game in 1 HDD. So I just transferred the EU Version to another HDD, deleted the registries of the EU Version and now I'm ready to go.

I also used SweetFx to make the game look better. https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/986/

Thought I'd share a particularly nice game I had the other day.

hatsuharugame1.png

Fear my destroyer!

Interestingly enough, as I usually go solely after battleships and sometimes carriers, I had sunk 2 destroyers and 2 cruisers. Hitting 3 battleships but only sinking 1.

First, you have to choose the flank you want to attack from, then start turning the turrets into the proper side BEFORE you go into the action. However, if the situation suddenly changes, you'll be in trouble switching your main firepower to the other side.

The American cruiser St. Louis is a different thing, she has lots of guns in the side sponsons (with 5 sec reload time on each), allowing for rapid fire (very fun! :sly:) and to switch the attacking side instantly.
The Russian cruiser Aurora is similar, not so many cannons but they're more powerful.

BTW, I was choosing a Russian ship to buy, Aurora (T3) or Murmansk (T5). I searched some info about Murmansk and found out that it's basically an American Omaha-class cruiser, USS Milwaukee, transferred to the Soviet Navy and renamed to Murmansk. So I guess it's not different from Omaha from the American branch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Milwaukee_(CL-5)

I think I'll go with the Aurora. It's tier 3, but it's unique and historically attractive. A legend.
Aurora_render.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_cruiser_Aurora

Well, you still have two guns in rear. Two, very accurate guns when you're on the run. Which, coincidentally, is the best use for this ship, using it as bait to lure it in for the larger ones. If I were you, I'd pick what ship you want to pilot based on your preference for its entire naval fleet. Right now, I really don't like the Russians that much, primarily due to lack of ships, but have never really liked Russian navy vessels.

I don't like the looks from the US fleet that much either in comparison to the IJN, which by far look the best. My plan is just to get to the Yamato and sit back and have fun. I'm not a conquer all sorta player, but if that's you than my opinion is no better than yours.

Thought I'd share a particularly nice game I had the other day.

View attachment 435658

Fear my destroyer!

Interestingly enough, as I usually go solely after battleships and sometimes carriers, I had sunk 2 destroyers and 2 cruisers. Hitting 3 battleships but only sinking 1.
Damn flooding.. I hate that on BB's because I repair your fires and then I get hit by your torps, and then frickin sink.

Just had a happy moment.

Went round the far edge of the map in a destroyer and avoided all their main ships. Found a carrier, 1 torpedo salvo and she is down. Like a ninja. Show up, kill, leave. :lol:

Just done it 2 more times. Last one was glorious. First run into a destroyer, sink it. Then run into carrier, sink it. Run into a cruiser and get sunk by it but not before I fire off my torpedoes which sink it.

Last edited:
Is it like, double XP or something? I went back to EU servers. I'm teleporting like 🤬 in the Asian server where I supposed to be "nearer".
I believe it is 1.5x but for some reason the reward pays out more than an actual premium account, because I recall getting 3-4k xp in matches while I had it and then I purchased a premium account for two weeks and it seemed like it was total crap, even though I was doing the same damage to ships...

But yeah, just play a lot, and play smart.

I believe it is 1.5x but for some reason the reward pays out more than an actual premium account, because I recall getting 3-4k xp in matches while I had it and then I purchased a premium account for two weeks and it seemed like it was total crap, even though I was doing the same damage to ships...

But yeah, just play a lot, and play smart.
3-4k XP??? The most I got is like 500+ XP and I destroyed 5 ships and had a lot of ribbons and I already got that Premium for 1 day award. I play random battles though.

Edit:

I get it now. The higher the ship's "Tier" the bigger XP you get.

Last edited:
What are the flat tops like? Is it worth me grinding the Miyogi to use the Hosho or should I continue with the destroyers?

Carriers are... interesting. While others hate it I personally love the Hosho. If you go up the line you'll be struggling against the U.S. counterpart until tier 7 or 8. Luckily a patch is coming to make it a 1:1 tier balance in matchmaking so it won't be too bad. I'd say grind up it quick because they are also 'nerfing' the Japanese carriers by removing some planes in their strike loadouts.

All in all, they will on average make more experience than any other class. Unless you're terrible.

Jesus... I just went two matches straight still with the Fuso against Izumos, the one under that, three T8 cruisers, countless DD's, and a North Carolina..

Thought I was gonna die in that one until of course I got torpped at the very end. The next round was a repeat except I got torpped even faster.

In both matches however, I scored two ships destroyed, about 30-40 hits, two incapacitations, a few flag defends, and a few citadel hits, and a lot of aircraft shot down. All of this against high tier, and I mean HIGH tier ships, and I only squeak out 600-700xp..

The last match I just did was a regular match like the vast majority are, all ships are the 5-6 category, and an occasional T7 ship on the enemy side. Managed to go just as long as the other two, if not in the middle. I only sunk 1 ship, defended a flag once, and shot down 1 aircraft, and had around 24 hits.

1700 xp.... Now, is there a system where the better the ship you kill the more xp you get is in place? IDK, but honestly, there should be. It was wicked fun though, and I got to play some of the ships in which I really want (all Japanese BB's), but I was awarded for it properly and that only delays the game and continues one of the worst grinds I'v met in my life...

I mean, if you think GT's grind is bad... no my friend, play either this or War Thunder...

Jesus... I just went two matches straight still with the Fuso against Izumos, the one under that, three T8 cruisers, countless DD's, and a North Carolina..

Thought I was gonna die in that one until of course I got torpped at the very end. The next round was a repeat except I got torpped even faster.

In both matches however, I scored two ships destroyed, about 30-40 hits, two incapacitations, a few flag defends, and a few citadel hits, and a lot of aircraft shot down. All of this against high tier, and I mean HIGH tier ships, and I only squeak out 600-700xp..

The last match I just did was a regular match like the vast majority are, all ships are the 5-6 category, and an occasional T7 ship on the enemy side. Managed to go just as long as the other two, if not in the middle. I only sunk 1 ship, defended a flag once, and shot down 1 aircraft, and had around 24 hits.

1700 xp.... Now, is there a system where the better the ship you kill the more xp you get is in place? IDK, but honestly, there should be. It was wicked fun though, and I got to play some of the ships in which I really want (all Japanese BB's), but I was awarded for it properly and that only delays the game and continues one of the worst grinds I'v met in my life...

I mean, if you think GT's grind is bad... no my friend, play either this or War Thunder...
The main issue is if your team wins. If it does then you get a much larger XP gain than if you lost.

My problems with the game.

1. Invisible ships.
2. Invisible torpedoes.
Those two are features. You won't see anything unless it is detected by you or a team mate. This is why destroyers actually work in this game. Irl they were mostly used as screening ships for convoys or larger ships which would make them useless here.

Those two are features. You won't see anything unless it is detected by you or a team mate. This is why destroyers actually work in this game. Irl they were mostly used as screening ships for convoys or larger ships which would make them useless here.
I didn't know that. I thought its graphical bug in the game. Thanks.

I dunno.... I think that the smoke is too OP in the game. An instant cumulus cloud shouldn't appear, and it should also be a trail effect, not a ring around the player. It's also too OP, when you are 1 km within the DD and still can't see it through the smoke.

Torps damage needs nerfed too. If I get hit by them at an angle of less than 10% or within a margin of that, they should bounce or explode with less damage due to a failed penetration.

Edit:
Funny last night too, one of the DD captains were raving with the others that the Minekaze is going to be nerfed in the next update as it is one of the best in the game. He said "Although I like them a lot because they can really change the battle, the class is pure magic from WG and has no actual numbers to be calculated other than RNG.."

No please smoke right now is basically useless to what it used to be. :( For some reason they gave U.S. destroyers a tad buff with smoke but not any other country's destroyers...

Oh and it is a trail effect, you have to turn around to make a ring. It's a little wonky when moving parallel to the enemy but it trails.

Back