World of Warships(Free to Play)

Has anyone played Steel Ocean? It looks similar to this and wondered which is better.

Also just got my Zuiho. :D

Apparently, while Steel Ocean is willing to do what Wargaming will not which is good for competition, the mechanics were noted to be clunky and not really any fun to play. Of course, legitimate comments and criticism are hard to get to through the piles of people feeling they need to crap on it because it's a "clone". Either way, it was said it wasn't any good. I haven't played Steel Ocean yet, but I'm going to say they both suck.

Haven't played for a long time (+1 month) but got back in and finally it seems that they either fixed the crackling sounds or when I disabled Beats Audio it fixed it...

I'm thinking it was their end because the sound wouldn't just crackly, it would lag, to slow motion almost..

If I can pick the Yamato right now without having to grind I'll switch...
Sorry no. They do have the prototype Super Yamato with 510mm guns in SO though.
And of course subs. Which play nicely actually. My I14 is serving me well.

Best round payout wise. No premium, and this was ranked battles against I think 5 other ships. I didn't steal kills, in fact, 75% of all the ships damage was done by me...
Screenshot 2015-12-02 12.06.03.png

If it's too small for you... That's 51 hits, 2 incapications, 4 destroyed, 5 citadels, 1 base cap. Damage dealt was above 200,000, but not much above it.

Just had this happen where I damn near got an epilepsy attack (i don't have that, but it was hurting my eyes).

Screen would flash black and then go back to loading the queue, then when I did load my screen was somewhat froze..
Screenshot 2015-12-05 21.16.53.png

Ever since I started playing the Nagato, I have yet to accumulate any money (forgot what the word is). I've been stuck at 2.5 million for the past month, and have yet to climb out. How am I supposed to amass 10 million if this is happening. Somewhere in one of the updates, they've totally screwed the Nagato over by giving it a huge repair bill...

Ever since I started playing the Nagato, I have yet to accumulate any money (forgot what the word is). I've been stuck at 2.5 million for the past month, and have yet to climb out. How am I supposed to amass 10 million if this is happening. Somewhere in one of the updates, they've totally screwed the Nagato over by giving it a huge repair bill...

Tier 7+ is where you get the big repair costs. It's the only reason to keep people playing low tiers once they unlock the high tiers ships.

Back into the game for the weekend event. The game grew up, Kriegsmarine now has battleships and destroyers. I want the Bismarck. And, maybe, I'll leave a slot for the Zerstorer lineup sometime.

Won a free slot on the event. Put the Kuma into it. And... I shouldn't have underrated the Japanese cruisers. :D I'll keep progressing on this line.

Also, what I learned is... Never go alone on a battleship. Even if your idiot teammates leave an empty flank and all go in one direction, it is better to follow them than having your Kongou gang-raped 1 vs 5 (including light but agile ships).

Back into the game for the weekend event. The game grew up, Kriegsmarine now has battleships and destroyers. I want the Bismarck. And, maybe, I'll leave a slot for the Zerstorer lineup sometime.

Won a free slot on the event. Put the Kuma into it. And... I shouldn't have underrated the Japanese cruisers. :D I'll keep progressing on this line.

Also, what I learned is... Never go alone on a battleship. Even if your idiot teammates leave an empty flank and all go in one direction, it is better to follow them than having your Kongou gang-raped 1 vs 5 (including light but agile ships).
German DDs are complete trash to be honest. I got to the Tier 6 and stopped. It's not worth the time and investment. US DDs still are the best gunboat to play objectives, IJN are still best torp boat up until Tier 9, and Russian DDs are there to simply farm damage.

Bismarck is pretty good. I tried accuracy setup like I did on my Tirpitz and didn't like it, so since I've got both ships I kept the Tirpitz accuracy and Bismarck was full secondary spec. The Tier 10 Grosser Kurfurst is simply amazing to play. It is by far superior to the Yamato and Montana in almost every aspect.

The Germany BBs are pretty good ships. They have great secondary armaments and can stand taking a beating. I'm currently at the Bayern but about 15k or more from Gneisnau.

Is anyone still playing this?

I came back again after being annoyed by the War Thunder navy, and got a comeback bonus - two premium ships, Diana (level 2 Russian cruiser) and HMS Warspite (level 6 BB), two weeks of premium account and more.

WoWS is still alive and fun, and a year ago they changed the carrier gameplay completely - now you control only one squadron at a time, but do it directly. I think carriers became less effective than before but more fun to play.

They even gave me two coupons, a 30% discount and a 200% bonus of gold currency for the money spent on a purchase. I couldn’t resist the bargain...
Bought the USS Marblehead (level 5 Omaha-class light cruiser) and HMS Ark Royal (level 6 carrier). Now I have enough gold to buy any level 8 ship. Choosing between Kaga and Prinz Eugen...

WoWS isn’t realistic at all, but fun to play. War Thunder navy is more realistic, but not fun. I don’t think it is even possible to make a navy game that would be both realistic and addictive to play.

After years of not playing I came back sometime in December. I'm having a little fun and trying out a lot trees that weren't around when I stopped playing. Not really sure I have a preference in ships now, everything feels weird or even annoying to use. I get the most enjoyment in the lower tiers with new ships or with the tier IV premiums I got way back.

In no particular order I'd say my top 3 favorite ships are Yūbari, Akizuki, and Caledon. There are some premiums I've gotten rentals for that I really love but I don't want to spend any money even with the sale. Prinz Eugen and Anshan were the best ones I got and hoping there's a chance I get Asashio and/or Dreadnought as rentals or through the crates.

I’ve been burnt out from the game. I did a lot of testing for different facets of the game but our feedback was rarely taken into consideration. Clan battles themself was a grind every season and it has done a good job of ripping apart every clan in the top 10 on NA.

Just lost the fun aspect for me.

Latest Posts

Back