World of Warships(Free to Play)

Yeah, that happens a lot when you first start out

wat

I've been playing since April.

----

Konigsberg is a strange ship, feels more paper armor like than the Japanese cruisers! But I'm liking it anyways so I'll still be going up the German line when it comes out next weekend.

wat

I've been playing since April.

----

Konigsberg is a strange ship, feels more paper armor like than the Japanese cruisers! But I'm liking it anyways so I'll still be going up the German line when it comes out next weekend.
You've been playing the Fuso since April or WoWS itself.... (I hope it's the latter)..

I intend to complete the Kriegsmarine BB line if they come out after I get the Yamato... If not, then cruisers it is.

Oh lol, no the game. I misread. I did have Fuso back in closed beta though, but back then I don't think it was that good. Preferred Kongo much more and used that for grinding credits.

Just got the Nagato and it's frickin awesome.

However, I'm starting to notice more and more and more and more is that I'll destroy over 95% of an enemies HP and someone shooting HE will get the kill. In this game, kills are everything, and there needs to be a system that awards the killer more than the taker.
In Wargaming games (this one, also WoT and WoWP), you get the XP and money accordingly to how much HP you've shot down, and not the number of kills. You may have no kills at all but have the highest amount of money and XP earned.

Just had my best match yet. 5 kills.

The best moment was seeing me destroy a destroyer with turrets and then watching my torpedoes plough into a battleship and sink it a few seconds later.

Howdy everyone! The names Rally, and today is my first day on deck. Fun game, but damn is it not the same as tanks.

Last edited:
A little advice for aiming (or what I've found to work).

While in binocular mode, and zoomed in all the way, you have a horizontal line, marked on both side should be 1, 5, and 10. If you hold (I can't remember for sure..) Shift or Alt, you can see the enemy ships' health points remaining, how far they are, and the time it will take for the shells to get there.

Now, when you see a battleship which is parallel to you, either going the same heading as you or opposite, and say is 5 seconds away. Place the 5 just at the bow (front) of the ship, and fire one shot (click once) to see where those shells hit. If they hit in front of the turrets, put the 5 just a little bit behind of the bow, and fire the rest of the guns by double clicking. If you can read a ruler okay, then learning the individual tick marks and what numbers those are should be easy.

If a battleship is coming head on, you need to know which of your guns will fire first. Normally it's from front to back but that could be different if your shots are spaced. Anyways, if you have your broadside to him, and he's dead on, am at the bow of the ship, but a little bit left (the starboard most side of the ship) so when your gun travel they hit the side of the ship, not the turrets where they wont penetrate. The procedure is opposite for the back turrets, aim a little right of the ship an you'll hit his right side.

Now, if a destroyer or cruiser is showing their broadside to you... it's gonna be a bit interesting. Generally, it's x2 where you would aim for a BB. Say at 10km away, a cruiser shows his side to you. He's only 5-6 seconds away from you, which isn't that bad. Place the 10 just above the bow of his ship and fire all shots. You don't want to poke one or two shots at a time because he can outmaneuver that. You'll have a large spread and a higher chance to hit. Now, if he's 6-8 seconds, this is really guesswork. Normally I'll place the shot in-between the very edge of the binoculars and the beginning of the 11 line, and hope they hit.

Now if a ship is slanted, it's really all the same. First, if he's 8 seconds away, place the eight at the stern of the ship (it's back). Then, drop your aim to where the aim point is now parallel to the bow of the ship (looks something like _\ _). This aiming is the hardest to do, as any change in speed or direction and your shots are off...

Now, when to use AP or HE. With a BB, AP is your friend until you get close, reeeaaally close. Anything under 4km and you need to fire HE from a BB because you'll overpen. BB's are most effective between 10-13kms, of all tiers, until you get to 9-10. With HE shots, you want to aim for the superstructure of the ship. AP, you want waterline shots, or falling shots where they go straight through the deck. This is when you get citadels and take out everything underneath the ship almost, wrecking their HP by half or more.

I'd recommend you to watch some youtube videos of your choice. I for one find PhlyDaily and BaronVonGamez to be the best, because they do both WT and WoWS. Also, choose your first nation wisely. Japanese have terrible turret traverse rate, terrible accuracy, but the heaviest ships in the game. They are also some of the fastest. The US has the slower of ships, but their reload rate and turret traverse rate is unbeatable. Their DD's (destroyers) are plagued by short torpedo range, but that may be fixed soon.

I chose Japan due to the looks of the BB's, and that's about it. It could be as easy as that, or not... But choose wisely, because the grind is bad.

How are the Russian and German line ups? The selections for both have far, far shorter lists, I imagine that will change as well, or were their navy's that non existent? Do they stack up well against US and Japanese tier for tier?
I actually have been watching BVG and Entak for quite a long time. Since I got into WT a couple of years ago. BVGs videos are actually what finally got me to play WoWS.
Thanks for the tips @Swagger897.

Well, from watching youtube.... The Russian navy seems to be pretty weak armor wise but loaded with guns, although they don't really hit that hard. And the Germans are good up to T6 from what I've read..

I'd go Germany just for looks again, but that's my pov... I never really heard much about the Russian navy honestly in all my WWII readings, but the German navy was most definitely a threat for everyone. In fact, that's mainly how they took a lot of the Eastern European continent which was connected to the sea.

Give Phly a shot too... He absolutely kills me next to Baron (also, I'll add you on WT later tonight).

I suck at cruisers so much. I know how to play them but I just get carried away and think I can go in and ruin everyone's day like in a destroyer or battleship. The Karlsruhe grind is rough, but I did quite like Dresden. I really don't want to use any free xp, but it is getting tempting.

More ships more fun! It also helps to have a ship or two to work on during downtime. Although, I'm running out of slots and contemplating which ships to get rid of.

Russian destroyers are bad, they said...
shot-15.10.21_22.07.42-0914.jpg

shot-15.10.21_22.07.56-0048.jpg

shot-15.10.21_22.08.01-0131.jpg
^3 kills and over 30k total damage on the Derzkiy ("Cocky"), tier 3. Was a really fun game :D

One thing I've learned on the Russian destroyers is not to rely on the torps only and use the cannons actively, too. Because the torp range sucks (just 3 km), but the guns are good. >1/3 of that damage was done by guns.

Anyway, I think the Aurora cruiser is still the best Russian ship I've played.

Interesting detail - some of the Russian ships have different flags. The Soviet-era ships (like the starter one, Orlan) carry the Soviet Navy ensign (white with red star, red sickle and hammer + blue line), while the pre-1917 ships fly the St. Andrew flag (blue cross on the white background) that was used by the Imperial Russian Navy. That's good. Although the nation tree is all under the Soviet red banner. :D

Last edited:
Same hing with the Germans. Some carry the official Kriegsmarine flag per the era, but I thought I saw one with a swastika.

Edit:

Ragequit has been strong with me this week... Tired of no team help whatsoever.

The map where you get split in two and normally where you meet up at a planned base, say... C, didn't just happen. No, instead, only two DD's follow me, while the rest of our entire team sat in the cap circle.

So I end up taking about 15 torps all at once and a colorado finishes me off. I was extremely pissed. I said in the beginning after someone other than the DD's asked for a plan to meet at C and most of us came to a consensus to do so. Nope. Got no AA help in the piss poor Nagato, so I was left in the open to die.

Called out where my team was and a flame war started. I swear to god they fled A and moved across the map so damn fast...

Last edited:
I got trolled in a coop game. Some dink torped myself and another team member within 30 seconds of the match starting. I got lucky to be vertical with them, so they missed me. The person next to me not so much. I turned on him, took the coin loss, laid two full salvos (all be it from a Chester) on himbefore going on my way.

What lines are you going down? Might make an EU account to join you guys if that's cool. :) And I think there were some people on another forum over in EU that I was to run with, man I wish you could just switch servers.

Last edited:
Got an EU account in the first place by accident so I made an Asian account to alleviate the lag a bit because I'm too far away from EU. But it turns out EU servers have better connection so I stick with my EU account.

Back