Worlds ugliest racecars?

• Thread starter Mt. Lynx
  • 379 comments
adess03.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks these new lmp3 cars looks hideous?
That particular car is ugly. The Ginetta and Ligier are nice though.

adess03.jpg

To be honest, that Adess-03 is the first LMP3 car I don't find good looking. The Ginetta looks good and the JSP3, well its a Ligier so it goes without saying that looks great.

No, I agree with you. The proportions are off, the cars look too long and the wheels are like castors off a sofa. The front three-quarter view does not flatter them at all.

To be honest, that Adess-03 is the first LMP3 car I don't find good looking. The Ginetta looks good and the JSP3, well its a Ligier so it goes without saying that looks great.
I find the Adess-03 nicer than the Ligier but that is hardly saying much. Both the JS P2 and JS P3, to me, look saggy at the front and every time the P2 appears on-screen during WEC races I think it looks like it is sad over something.

Last edited:
View attachment 479360View attachment 479362

Matra MS670. People may think differently but my opinion I just hate the look of the rear.

WHA The V12 Matra is awesome. The rear looks like many of the cars for that time that followed the Can-Am and LM. Look at the Lola from the same race or the 908/3 which I think is the worst car of the time period as far as looks go.

Plus Graham Hill drove it and thus it looks 10 x better by default :sly:

avalonnef5000.jpg

Kinda lost on exactly how this works.

kOkCj.jpg

A Saturn...Just take that in.

6082913_orig.jpg

And I fail to see how a driver could've possibly seen over that bonnet, unless that's just the view giving the illusion.

This Broadspeed Jaguar XJ12, as raced in the 1975 European Touring Car Championship. While it is undeniably awesome, with those twelve cylinders and four exhaust pipes, it is very ungainly looking and rather ugly. Very much like the Red Pig.

I find the classic Jaguar four headlights to look either very menacing or that the car is under possession or hypnosis. All glory to the Hypojag!

Also, check out the panel gaps on the bonnet.

Broadspeed_Jaguar_XJ12C_Mallory_Park.JPG

Call me crazy, but I think that car looks pretty cool. In fact, a lot of these cars are enjoyable to look at. Many are ungainly or a bit awkward, but I think that's all part of the appeal. A decent amount of the racing cars nowadays are just kinda "bleh." And thanks to rules and regulations, many cars in the same series as each other are forced to look a lot alike.

Bo
Blasphemy.

Any old brute of a saloon is beautiful.

It's ugly. I didn't say it was a rubbish car, I think quite the opposite. But it is objectively ugly and that's the purpose of this thread.

The horrible fridge-freezer front bumper doesn't help but that's Group 2 and Group 5 specs for you.

Contrary to what everyone else thinks, I love the impending doom era of Interserie. Single seaters with wheel covers look sexy.

Sorry for digging this up, but I can't figure out for the life of me why Toyota made it's 2017 Yaris WRC so ugly.
latvala-toyota-yaris-wrc-2017.jpg
montecarlorally_06.jpg

To me it''s easily the worst looking 2017 WRC car.

kOkCj.jpg

A Saturn...Just take that in.

Hey! I race a Saturn, and I'll have you know they're actually really damn quick for such cheap cars. Plus I've seen a few good-looking Saturn races in my time.

Back