Worlds ugliest racecars?

• Thread starter Mt. Lynx
  • 379 comments
Sorry for digging this up, but I can't figure out for the life of me why Toyota made it's 2017 Yaris WRC so ugly.
latvala-toyota-yaris-wrc-2017.jpg
montecarlorally_06.jpg

To me it''s easily the worst looking 2017 WRC car.
The only thing wrong with it really is that the rear wing doesn't suit the back of the car as much as the other WRC cars from this year. Apart from that, it's 👍

Sorry for digging this up, but I can't figure out for the life of me why Toyota made it's 2017 Yaris WRC so ugly.
latvala-toyota-yaris-wrc-2017.jpg
montecarlorally_06.jpg

To me it''s easily the worst looking 2017 WRC car.
I know we're all subject to opinion man, but

You couldn't be anymore wrong. :sly:
Motion seconded. :)
Motion thirded, and that wing... Are you a rally car, or a time attack car?? -.-

Time for a thread revival?

The MkV Toyota Supra debuts in the NASCAR Xfinity series today, and I can't help but think that it looks a little quirky compaired to the road car. Looks weird mainly due to how the driver's compartment of the car is mandated by NASCAR.

Christopher Bell #20 - Joe Gibbs Racing
images(65).jpg

Standard Road Car
2019-toyota-supra-rendering--image-via-supramkv_100590319_h.jpg

Meet the Maserati Tipo 151, capable of 196mph on the Mulsanne, desperately unstable, unreliable and unlucky, killing "Lucky" Casner.

Below: Upside down at Daytona, allowing Tiny Lund to make a heroic rescue of driver Marvin Panch.

The faster she goes the more the front end lifts.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if somebody has posted about this here before already since I don't have time to backtrack but I just find the front end of this Panoz to be grotesque-looking.

images

I've always had a soft spot for the GTR-1, now if you want to talk about a truly ugly Panoz, look no further than the Abruzzi.

iu

It's probably worthy of a post in the Failures of Motorsport thread as well considering it only entered 3 races, only started 2 of those and the one it did finish they only managed 17th.

You gotta credit Don for his will to try the unconventional though. It's a shame none of his outside the box creations achieved the success worthy of the effort he put into them. :cheers:

Well, I'm not forcing anyone to agree with what I have said anyway since we all have our own opinions regarding a subject matter. And that we all have different tastes as well.

I've always had a soft spot for the GTR-1, now if you want to talk about a truly ugly Panoz, look no further than the Abruzzi.

iu

It's probably worthy of a post in the Failures of Motorsport thread as well considering it only entered 3 races, only started 2 of those and the one it did finish they only managed 17th.

You gotta credit Don for his will to try the unconventional though. It's a shame none of his outside the box creations achieved the success worthy of the effort he put into them. :cheers:
I think those did decently in some series, I want to say Pirelli World Cup or something like that.

Back