Worlds ugliest racecars?

• Thread starter Mt. Lynx
  • 379 comments
(responding to post 20) Really, RACECAR? That scarlet LMP looked gorgeous.

I just think that it could have looked alot better. Its not an Horrid abomination, but it has potential that hasn't been reached.

Now I know God loves a tryer, but shame on you Lister.

Lister-BC6.jpg

800px-Lister_LMP.jpg

shelby_600_1084391684_lister2.jpg

Now the liveries themselves are quite nice. I just take issue with the fact that they've plastered it onto a chassis with all the aerodynamic efficiency of Rosie O'Donnell.

Now the liveries themselves are quite nice. I just take issue with the fact that they've plastered it onto a chassis with all the aerodynamic efficiency of Rosie O'Donnell.

The guy that designed the Panozes did that. I like it for being different. Listers have usually always been different though.

MG Metro Rally Car... as if the standard Metro didn't look bad enough! Looks like a body kit that a chav would design / own...

Oh well it was very successful at what it was built to do but its ULGY! :ill:

2007_LasVegasTrip_169-1.jpg

Robin.

MG Metro Rally Car... as if the standard Metro didn't look bad enough! Looks like a body kit that a chav would design / own...

Robin.
Wow, it must be hideous if it made you misspell ugly :lol:

It really is "ulgy", I give you that! Actually a fair few of the group B rallycars were pretty hideous.
The old Audi Quattro was not a pretty sight in this outfit

Neither was the Renault 5 MaxiTurbo

Time for some more ugly things!

How about the Ardex S80, as seen in Le Mans 1981?

Or the hideous Porsche 936 from the same year?

Hard to believe that it turned into something as beautiful as this!
The 936C.

not a racecar, but still ugly:

the hell was Jim Hall thinking? i think the F stands for FAIL.

got one name for this color. EPIC PEACH.

yeah, i know, i called a Porsche ugly. so kill me!

Time for some more ugly things!

I guess they did a lot of research to determine what would be the best place for the exhaust pipe.
And when that had been decided, they had several meetings to choose what color they would paint the car
:lol:

Actually, it's pink and it's proud: This is the famous "Pig Car" (or "Truffelhunter of Zuffenhausen")and it was painted to look like a diagram of a pig, with dotted lines to denote the "cuts of meat". It was a Porsche 917 from 1970-71, just before every car became a rolling billboard:

800px-Porsche917PinkPig.jpg

I'd have no shame in driving that piece of history.

sa2ah3.jpg

It looks poised to attack the Death Star, but very slowly.

Technically the Pink Pig is a unique car, known as 917/20. It was the only one built, and only for Le Mans.

Now I know God loves a tryer, but shame on you Lister.
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/Lister-BC6.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Lister_LMP.jpg/800px-Lister_LMP.jpg
http://medias.forum-auto.com/uploads/200405/shelby_600_1084391684_lister2.jpg

i disagree it looks AWSOME! Also it seems quite aerodynamic to me, a simple shape is better than a complex design.

Robin.

It really is "ulgy", I give you that! Actually a fair few of the group B rallycars were pretty hideous.
The old Audi Quattro was not a pretty sight in this outfit

Neither was the Renault 5 MaxiTurbo

I will agree that the Group B rally cars are an acquired taste, but I love these things. Especially the smaller group B's like the Renault 5, that don't look very menacing rolling off the factory floor, but look like they'll eat your soul with one of those kits.

*snip*

Actually, it wasn't successful. It's just ugly.

The recent ones are bizarrely distasteful... and truly ugly. I stand corrected.

Actually, it's pink and it's proud: This is the famous "Pig Car" (or "Truffelhunter of Zuffenhausen")and it was painted to look like a diagram of a pig, with dotted lines to denote the "cuts of meat". It was a Porsche 917 from 1970-71, just before every car became a rolling billboard:

Well, I admit it ... I'm yet to hear of a stranger idea for a livery. Sure, the EarthCar was a little out there, but I think painting your car to represent cuts of pork is stranger.

yeah, i know, i called a Porsche ugly. so kill me!

I got what I think would be a better name for it - "Porsche-ine Power" And I wouldn't mind taking it for a drive on the Mulsanne Straight either. :D:tup:

Well, I admit it ... I'm yet to hear of a stranger idea for a livery. Sure, the EarthCar was a little out there, but I think painting your car to represent cuts of pork is stranger.
Wasn't it originally sponsored by a pork meat marketing firm in Germany at the time?

Wasn't it originally sponsored by a pork meat marketing firm in Germany at the time?

I'm not sure about that. It may have been. The livery was revived a few years ago on a GT3-RSR. I can't remember if it did any good. Probably not if I can't remember it.

Here's a pic of a model of it.

Attachments

• 7254182942480.jpg
    7254182942480.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 104
Back