Worlds ugliest racecars?

• Thread starter Mt. Lynx
  • 379 comments
Ever seen the grand-dad of the mighty Mazda 787B?
I present the 717C! And man it´s :yuck:

This is a diecast of the car that raced in Le Mans in 1983, in the C Junior class. It actually won its class, and came in 12th overall.

Also take a look at the Chevron B36 from 1987. My only reaction was :confused:

I'm not sure about that. It may have been.

I think it was an in-joke for the Porsche engineers, who commented on the rotund silhouette of the Porsche car as, "looking like a pig." If I remember correctly, the Porsche was a factory-backed effort, but the butcher company sponsorship is still quite possible.

800px-Porsche917PinkPig.jpg

Certainly looks considerabley worse than the 911 GT1 in the background.

KILL! That Porsche is one of the most beautiful designs I've ever seen. Remove the wierd fin things, and give it a nice silver paint coat, and I'd drive it every day.

Ever seen the grand-dad of the mighty Mazda 787B?
I present the 717C! And man it´s :yuck:

This is a diecast of the car that raced in Le Mans in 1983, in the C Junior class. It actually won its class, and came in 12th overall.

I have pics of this car but they're too big to post. I tried to put themm up with the Harrier.

As for the Chevron... What did they do to it!!??

I think a narrow track would do it.

Is the Nissan R89C the only car with covered rear wheels which apparently does not induce vomiting at a glance?

Yeh narrower track. Or, and this is a bit of a long shot, they managed to three wheeler it.:D

Do you not like the Jaguars Super?

Looks like a FlatFish GT-40, interesting appeal.

These two don't look too bad IMO, what so bad about this? those fins seem okay with me :confused:

What about the Lister Storm V12? Headlamps are rather gigantic IMO,

But most common ugly car i must say is a Oval/Nascar Racer. Its a chassis of varying cars and then they make it all look the same... I'd rather have a Dunebug over a nascar

pt%20cruiser%202002.jpg

Certainly not a racecar, but who uses a Bathtub on wheels to chase crooks?

Or the hideous Porsche 936 from the same year?
I like it.

Apart from the fact it's wearing lipstick, and it's got a surfboard stuck on the back, it looks good.

a Trico Pro reminded me of something.
Now, I shall give you the true definition of ugly.
Allstar%207.jpg

Ignore the fact it has a 500ci, 1200hp engine, will you? :lol:

Is the Nissan R89C the only car with covered rear wheels which apparently does not induce vomiting at a glance?
I wouldn't say so. There is the Jaguar XJR-9.

Jaguar_xjr-9.jpg

Jaguar XJR-10
xjr-10_1.jpg

Toyota TSO10
1992-Toyota-TS010-Mine.jpg

*digs out dusty box*

The Marcos Xylon:
duckling.jpg

The Mini Marcos, in 1966 Le Mans trim (the only British car to finish that year):
marcos15.jpg

Other than that, sorry. Ugly racecars do not exist. Even these are interesting. And I very much like the Renault Alpine 442B, thank you.

WTF!!!:yuck:
(blue car)

clr_1.jpg

Basically a CLK-GTR thats had it's bonnet trodden on.

Attachments

• clr_1[1].jpg
    clr_1[1].jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 58
Yeh the CLR would've been good if they had taken sudden changes in surface terrain into account.

I found pics of the Tiga and Intrepid that I saw at the Group C meeting at Brands Hatch last year. The Intrepid did well but the Tiga didn't run much and it sounded horrible.

Attachments

• Bateman.jpg
    Bateman.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 88
  • DeVries.jpg
    DeVries.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 86
Yeah but it doesnt do this... :crazy:

are you sure it wouldnt? iirc, a porsche 911 gt1 98 and a bmw v12 lmr took flight at petit lemans as well as a r8 in private test somewhere.

apparently when you expose the flat underside of a prototype that has the rough shape of a wing, you create positive lift and your car takes off.

The CLR, 911 GT1-98, and V12 LMR incidents were all caused by aerodynamic instability and suspension setup.

The Audi R8 becoming airborne at the Lausitzring was due to a rear tire going down, lifting the front end at speed. Michele Alboreto was killed in the testing accident.

Don't forget the Bentley Speed 8 had a similar incident in testing (at Sebring I think but am not 100% sure of that) in 2003.

[empty space];2989053
i like the clr-lm. its a lot cleaner than the clk-gtr/lm from 97/98 imo.

...not to mention the greatly-improved visibility from that redesigned windshield.

I like it too. And yes, a Porsche 911GTR and a BMW V-12 LMR both overturned as well. And the R8 test accident killed Michele Albereto, then the program's test driver.

I wouldn't kill you. Porsches are ugly. The old pink pig colours don't do much for the 917.
*drop-kicks GTveteran to Kyoto, Japan* come back when you agree that Porsches aren't ugly!!

(EDIT--->)but, yeah, pink + Porsche = that sound George Lopez makes that sounds like he's about to puke.

He was thinking "I'd like to win some races against these big manufacturers..."

And he succeeded. :rolleyes:

yeah, but he went a bit overboard with the wing, huh? i mean, with the wing's height, the 2F is about as tall as the Cadillac SRX. btw, whoever said the 2J is ugly, imma slap yo' skinny ___(fill in the blank, 3 letters, first is "a")

--EDIT--

btw, sorry for the double post, i'm not drunk right now, but close to it, so i forgot what happened a bit, so don't get pissed because my stupidity and poor judgement made me break the rules.

when i saw this, some voice from somewhere inside/outside the computer said "imma chargin' mah laser... imma firin' mah laser... SHOOP DA WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!" and then my computer crashed. i guess that's how odd this car is, it blows hard drives by doing the Shoop-Da-Whoop audio through the speakers:lol:

yeah, but he went a bit overboard with the wing, huh? i mean, with the wing's height, the 2F is about as tall as the Cadillac SRX.

You seem to be confusing him for someone who had a wind tunnel, or a large understanding of aerodynamics. However, having the wing at such a height did get it out of the dirty air and allow it to work more efficiently.

when i saw this, some voice from somewhere inside/outside the computer said "imma chargin' mah laser... imma firin' mah laser... SHOOP DA WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!" and then my computer crashed. i guess that's how odd this car is, it blows hard drives by doing the Shoop-Da-Whoop audio through the speakers:lol:

You an Electrosphere member?

Can anyone believe that this is the first find for Google when you type, 'ugly race car' in the search box?
1522890137_9ac49415ac.jpg

This is just strange:
milliken-car.thumbnail.jpg

(Milliken 'Camber Car')

Pikes Peak challenge cars are very ugly IMO.

Some examples of Pikes Peak race cars:

main.jpg

Audi-Pikes.jpg

800px-Pikes_Peak_Toyota_Takoma_709762748.jpg

PPcelica_slide.jpg

No denying that many are very fast though.

Back