Worst Car in GT Sport?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by NoFinClue, Dec 16, 2017.

1. vvise

vvise

the one required for racing in the supra cup.

2. Pururut

Pururut

Even if you manage the throttle well you will still be slower on corner exits then other lmp1 cars.

Wasnt know that they canceled it because of the formula-E. But why they didnt come back after that?

You are true about the hybrid system of the car. The way implemented in game is not true at all. As far as i know kers used on rear wheels to reduce understeer at corner exits. Not the case is Gt sport obviously.

Well it was purely a Nissan project. It was built by Nissan motor company. Just like R390.

3. Kalder

Kalder

Ok but you know that it's not a human being driving it, right? That's some kind of alien that experiences time 100x slower then we do.

MisterOne77 and sirjim73 like this.
  4. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

The only car I absolutely cannot stand is the RCF. I have never driven it, not even the race versions. It's a big, ugly dog IMO.

dangerman1985 likes this.
  5. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

It got cancelled because they couldn't receive the Formula-E motor on-time, not because of the existence of Formula-E like you are intentionally trying to imply here.

Also I did miss out another factor which didn't help their cause - failing the FIA crash-test the first time round.

No, it was not a purely a Nissan project, it wasn't even remotely a full-Nissan project, it was a project given to Deltawing & it's designer Ben Bowlby to 'not make an Audi copy', and it was built & run by the same guys, hence why all the testing took place in America and the car had the exact same frontal crash structure. (The R390 did the bulk of it's testing at Atsugi in Japan).

Everything was done independently of Nissan, all Nissan did was essentially title-sponsor it via funding it on what was effectively a shoe-string compared to other LMP1-H teams, whilst the marketing team basically went crazy with silly statements like 'we are going to win on our first try' (which if anything made the whole thing look worse).

I've had various people who were part of the team at the time tell me this and it is well documented by Racecar Engineering & various other magazines. This wasn't a works program at all in comparison to the R390, because the R390 was actually built in Japan by Nissan while the LMP1 was built in America to fit a very loose brief at arms-length.

Your opinion ≠ fact.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Pururut likes this.
  6. Pururut

Pururut

I wasnt talking about my opinion tho. It says like that in wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R_LM_Nismo

7. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

Wikipedia isn't exactly known for accuracy... this is the same Wikipedia which has 90% of Ancient Greek history wrong, also Wiki pages for race teams are usually edited by manufacturer PR teams, Nissan tells a drastically different story about the program compared to the Deltawing guys.

Pururut likes this.
  8. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

You do realize the whole ‘Wikipedia isn’t accurate’ ship sailed about 10 years ago right? This post is silly conspiratorial nonsense.

GiordySays and Pururut like this.
  9. Famine

Famine Administrator

Well... one guy did. I worked directly with his successor (and lived in the same house, oddly) who tells a few interesting tales about his predecessor and the car.

10. Mateusz90

Mateusz90

All VGT stuff. I hate them beeing mixed into GR.1
    787B taking over spaceships like tomahawk or alpine vgt looks terrible and unrealistic.

And worst of worst are lazy VGT cars without interior!

11. GTveteran

GTveteran

I always thought the R390s were built and developed by TWR (same team as the Group C Jaguars).

I used to think that the mid engined Gr.3 cars were terrible to drive, far too snappy. But updates have vastly improved the way they handle.

As for a bad car, I can't think of any off hand. I have enjoyed most of the ones that I have driven. But admittedly I probably haven't driven a big percentage of the road cars. Just ones I've had to for the league races. I prefer racing cars and have driven a lot of the ones in the game.

12. JTB10000

JTB10000

The 25th anniversary Countach has the worst understeer I've experienced in this game. The amount of oversteer settings I had to put on it just to get it tolerably driveable is ridiculous.

I haven't driven the Infinity VGT in awhile so the physics updates might have changed it but it's almost on the opposite end of the spectrum. It's so awkwardly oversteery and floaty despite its weight. It just doesn't feel right to drive.

13. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

TWR styled and did the aero development in England, but the building and testing was done mostly in Japan (TWR flew staff out there).

GTveteran likes this.
  14. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

Here I am, still waiting for the Trabant and Yugo to get some videogame love. :(

Also, the Avantime is on that list so it's 6000% wrong on that account.

Volksauto, sirjim73 and Snikle like this.
  15. ZGBox

ZGBox

In my opinion, the worst overall is the i3; it's not fast, it's not fun to drive, it has an abysmal top speed, and to top all that, it's GR.X. :tdown:

OK, I WANT A ONE-MAKE RACE WITH THE YUGO NOW (come on, PD).

crooky369, Snikle and SecretAgentZero like this.
  16. CallawaySS

CallawaySS

S2000 is one of my favorite cars, but in this game, they nerfed the car a lot and it's no longer enjoyable to drive, like it was in GT5/GT6. The only solution is to put on racing tyres, but that on the other hand feels sometimes unnatural. They should have rather make it GrX, because this is just terrible to drive

17. Famine

Famine Administrator

It does have ludicrous acceleration though. We did a lobby race the other week with a free choice of cars at around 200hp and 1250kg, and over four laps of Autopolis. I came second in an i3 by 0.14s to a 22B. If I'd been able to hit 100mph instead of 95, I'd have likely won.

Top trolling car.

18. Volksauto

Volksauto

They can add a Trabant P50 and I'd be fine with that! :D
    [​IMG]

19. Tomsoft

Tomsoft

Personally I'd say the Lexus LF-LC Vision GT.
    Yes, it does look good, but the whole car doesn't seem to be set up correctly, and barely any setups can fix that. Loses the rear very fast, starts understeering randomly, is in Group X.

20. ZGBox

ZGBox

That's quite impressive, maybe I'll have to give it another chance :D

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  21. GTV0819

GTV0819

Well, someone said here way back before that if you believe anything that's stated in their articles, then you get slapped by a fish in the face. :lol: