Worst Car in GT Sport?

• Thread starter NoFinClue
  • 183 comments
Anything below 200kph the key is throttle management, the mechanical grip is there, but you're also seeing how Tototrak failing to produce working hybrid for the rear wheels put them beyond the backfoot.

The reason the project was canned was not because of the 'failure' but because there were planning to use modified e.Dams Formula-E motors in 2016 (remember Formula-E motors are only power capped by battery life, even more so with Gen1, so they're potentially capable of more power), they needed to receive them by a certain date in order to properly prepare for a full FIAWEC campaign, but they just weren't going to arrive on time so they thought it just wasn't worth doing another season on the back-foot.

Remember, the hybrid system in these cars was purely just for mid to low speed corners, and not powering the fronts like PD have incorrectly done.

Also it's worth noting that it technically wasn't a Nissan works program, it was more Nissan sponsored if anything.

Even if you manage the throttle well you will still be slower on corner exits then other lmp1 cars.

Wasnt know that they canceled it because of the formula-E. But why they didnt come back after that?

You are true about the hybrid system of the car. The way implemented in game is not true at all. As far as i know kers used on rear wheels to reduce understeer at corner exits. Not the case is Gt sport obviously.

Well it was purely a Nissan project. It was built by Nissan motor company. Just like R390.

The fully fitted Atenza or Mazda 6 4wd is a 316hp 1,350kg sedan?

So performance is very very middle of the pack to bottom of the barrel.

The handling is as about what you'd expect for a car with 60% of the weight at the front.

btw. I think Ferrari's motto according to PD is "the best car is the one we have yet to build".

So I feel like PD's motto is "the worst is yet to come".
The only car I absolutely cannot stand is the RCF. I have never driven it, not even the race versions. It's a big, ugly dog IMO.

Wasnt know that they canceled it because of the formula-E. But why they didnt come back after that?

Well it was purely a Nissan project. It was built by Nissan motor company. Just like R390.

It got cancelled because they couldn't receive the Formula-E motor on-time, not because of the existence of Formula-E like you are intentionally trying to imply here.

Also I did miss out another factor which didn't help their cause - failing the FIA crash-test the first time round.

No, it was not a purely a Nissan project, it wasn't even remotely a full-Nissan project, it was a project given to Deltawing & it's designer Ben Bowlby to 'not make an Audi copy', and it was built & run by the same guys, hence why all the testing took place in America and the car had the exact same frontal crash structure. (The R390 did the bulk of it's testing at Atsugi in Japan).

Everything was done independently of Nissan, all Nissan did was essentially title-sponsor it via funding it on what was effectively a shoe-string compared to other LMP1-H teams, whilst the marketing team basically went crazy with silly statements like 'we are going to win on our first try' (which if anything made the whole thing look worse).

I've had various people who were part of the team at the time tell me this and it is well documented by Racecar Engineering & various other magazines. This wasn't a works program at all in comparison to the R390, because the R390 was actually built in Japan by Nissan while the LMP1 was built in America to fit a very loose brief at arms-length.

Your opinion ≠ fact.

Last edited:
It got cancelled because they couldn't receive the Formula-E motor on-time, not because of the existence of Formula-E like you are intentionally trying to imply here.

Also I did miss out another factor which didn't help their cause - failing the FIA crash-test the first time round.

No, it was not a purely a Nissan project, it wasn't even remotely a full-Nissan project, it was a project given to Deltawing & it's designer Ben Bowlby to 'not make an Audi copy', and it was built & run by the same guys, hence why all the testing took place in America and the car had the exact same frontal crash structure. (The R390 did the bulk of it's testing at Atsugi in Japan).

Everything was done independently of Nissan, all Nissan did was essentially title-sponsor it via funding it on what was effectively a shoe-string compared to other LMP1-H teams, whilst the marketing team basically went crazy with silly statements like 'we are going to win on our first try' (which if anything made the whole thing look worse).

I've had various people who were part of the team at the time tell me this and it is well documented by Racecar Engineering & various other magazines. This wasn't a works program at all in comparison to the R390, because the R390 was actually built in Japan by Nissan while the LMP1 was built in America to fit a very loose brief at arms-length.

Your opinion ≠ fact.

I wasnt talking about my opinion tho. It says like that in wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R_LM_Nismo

I wasnt talking about my opinion tho. It says like that in wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R_LM_Nismo

Wikipedia isn't exactly known for accuracy... this is the same Wikipedia which has 90% of Ancient Greek history wrong, also Wiki pages for race teams are usually edited by manufacturer PR teams, Nissan tells a drastically different story about the program compared to the Deltawing guys.

Wikipedia isn't exactly known for accuracy... this is the same Wikipedia which has 90% of Ancient Greek history wrong, also Wiki pages for race teams are usually edited by manufacturer PR teams, Nissan tells a drastically different story about the program compared to the Deltawing guys.

You do realize the whole ‘Wikipedia isn’t accurate’ ship sailed about 10 years ago right? This post is silly conspiratorial nonsense.

whilst the marketing team basically went crazy with silly statements like 'we are going to win on our first try' (which if anything made the whole thing look worse).
Well... one guy did. I worked directly with his successor (and lived in the same house, oddly) who tells a few interesting tales about his predecessor and the car.

Your opinion ≠ fact.

I always thought the R390s were built and developed by TWR (same team as the Group C Jaguars).

I used to think that the mid engined Gr.3 cars were terrible to drive, far too snappy. But updates have vastly improved the way they handle.

As for a bad car, I can't think of any off hand. I have enjoyed most of the ones that I have driven. But admittedly I probably haven't driven a big percentage of the road cars. Just ones I've had to for the league races. I prefer racing cars and have driven a lot of the ones in the game.

The 25th anniversary Countach has the worst understeer I've experienced in this game. The amount of oversteer settings I had to put on it just to get it tolerably driveable is ridiculous.

I haven't driven the Infinity VGT in awhile so the physics updates might have changed it but it's almost on the opposite end of the spectrum. It's so awkwardly oversteery and floaty despite its weight. It just doesn't feel right to drive.

I would love to see all of these cars in GT or Forza someday. Some already were (For instance, DeLorean and Aztec in Forza, Crossfire and SSR in GT) but aren't now. Having a Triumph Mayflower or an Edsel in a modern racing game would be delightful.

Here I am, still waiting for the Trabant and Yugo to get some videogame love. :(

Also, the Avantime is on that list so it's 6000% wrong on that account.

Amuse s2k???? That thing is friggin amazing!
S2000 is one of my favorite cars, but in this game, they nerfed the car a lot and it's no longer enjoyable to drive, like it was in GT5/GT6. The only solution is to put on racing tyres, but that on the other hand feels sometimes unnatural. They should have rather make it GrX, because this is just terrible to drive

In my opinion, the worst overall is the i3; it's not fast, it's not fun to drive, it has an abysmal top speed, and to top all that, it's GR.X. 👎
It does have ludicrous acceleration though. We did a lobby race the other week with a free choice of cars at around 200hp and 1250kg, and over four laps of Autopolis. I came second in an i3 by 0.14s to a 22B. If I'd been able to hit 100mph instead of 95, I'd have likely won.

Top trolling car.

still waiting for the Trabant and Yugo to get some videogame love.
They can add a Trabant P50 and I'd be fine with that! :D
Trabant-P50-von-Ren-Mueller-474x316-1a1fa2242174e437.jpg

Personally I'd say the Lexus LF-LC Vision GT.
Yes, it does look good, but the whole car doesn't seem to be set up correctly, and barely any setups can fix that. Loses the rear very fast, starts understeering randomly, is in Group X.

It does have ludicrous acceleration though. We did a lobby race the other week with a free choice of cars at around 200hp and 1250kg, and over four laps of Autopolis. I came second in an i3 by 0.14s to a 22B. If I'd been able to hit 100mph instead of 95, I'd have likely won.

Top trolling car.

That's quite impressive, maybe I'll have to give it another chance :D

Last edited:
You do realize the whole ‘Wikipedia isn’t accurate’ ship sailed about 10 years ago right? This post is silly conspiratorial nonsense.
Well, someone said here way back before that if you believe anything that's stated in their articles, then you get slapped by a fish in the face. :lol:

Worst Car:Mazda Atenza XL Sedan Package Best Car:Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Saftey Car

I hate Mazda Atenza XL Sedan Package '15 too because its TOO slow, heavy, and not including for custumization

I hate Honda Fit Hybrid the vehicle that is not fast. I want the Dodge Charger Saftey Car pls... :-(

AI is Worst because its going to force me to off the road

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the correct answer by any means, but personally, it's the La Ferrari.

Burned almost all my credits on it, took it to the Ring, and I was unable to keep it on track. Sold it immediately after (for pretty much nothing nothing compared to what I have spent) and then proceeded to rage quit GT Sport for a week out of embarrassment and regret :irked: :irked:

An absolute WASTE of hard earned credits.

Last edited:

Burned almost all my credits on it, took it to the Ring, and I was unable to keep it on track. Sold it immediately after (for pretty much nothing nothing compared to what I have spent) and then proceeded to rage quit GT Sport for a week out of embarrassment and regret :irked: :irked:

Did you buy a Ferrari jacket and sunglasses too? :sly::cool:

For me its that stupid laser-powered Chaparral 2X or the completely mental SRT VGT X. Neither are drivable or have a logical place in the game. Some of the VGT cars are actually fun to drive (like the BMW, Mini, Alpine, Mercedes, etc.) but these two just make zero sense.

I feel ya.

But the LaFerrari is a car that takes time and patience to master. It took me months to find my ideal tune for it. It is one of the few road cars that can compete and even beat the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (a car that also needs practice) around the track.

Keep the power and weight stock, though, as it is viable and balanced enough to compete well in the N1000 class. Sports Soft tires are definitely a must have for the car as well. Sports Hards are hopeless for a car of that caliber.

This has been a tough decision for me, as there have been a few contenders. However, after doing some missions again, I have decided that, for me, the Aston Martin Vulcan is the worst car in the entire game. This is mainly because it only likes to go in a straight line and refuses to turn above a fast walking pace. Also the brakes (i use the term loosely) are either some old drum brakes they had lying around or a wooden stick that's scrapes along the road when pulled.

Anyone else hate this thing or is there an even more atrocious one that deserves a mention?

[It's a semi tongue in cheek thread, so don't bother accusing me of not being able to drive, which is known, or defending my suggestion as you'd be wrong]
But i love Aston Martin Vulcan '16

The SRT Tomahawk is the worst car for me, as it was in GT6. It's just not fun to drive. "Let's make a car as fast as it can be." doesn't make it enjoyable, in fact the oposite. It borderline breaks the physics engine of the game. To almost the same extent the Red Bull X20## series has the same problems.

i1ZN1KfjEYoY98E.jpg

But the worst part for me is the design. It's bland to be honest. It's a shape of a car, nothing more really. The selling point of the design, the active aero, looks like an aftertought. Just a bunch of cutouts in the body that pop up and move around. Alot of brands have done Vision GT better in my opinion (Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Mazda, Fittipaldi, Aston-Martin and Infinity to name a few). It just seems like an attempt to appeal to people that only care about the car's stats, rather than it's design or how it drives.

Attachments

• 1433358688-cn015-022sr77reb969urkv5vofakn4gral6l.jpg
    1433358688-cn015-022sr77reb969urkv5vofakn4gral6l.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 12
Back