Worst Car in GT Sport?

• Thread starter NoFinClue
  • 183 comments
It could just be that I can't make a good setup for it, or I'm driving it improperly. My point still stands however.

Totally agree about the slow novelty cars. They can be fun when you tune them up, but in a game that's supposed to have FIA-style car classing and balance of performance it just seems like a way to pad out the car roster more than anything. So pretty much like 4 5 and 6 where they had so many of those cars and did next to nothing with them. They existed.

Just make a drag setup for it on SSRX. :)

Totally agree about the slow novelty cars. They can be fun when you tune them up, but in a game that's supposed to have FIA-style car classing and balance of performance it just seems like a way to pad out the car roster more than anything. So pretty much like 4 5 and 6 where they had so many of those cars and did next to nothing with them. They existed.

I think this all the better reason why GTS (and likely future titles) are taking a quality over quantity approach to the car lists. That said, I think you could still have a diverse group of vehicles that are balanced for each other, with ideally as few cars (that aren't meant for one-makes, like the Red Bull cars and the various F1 cars) going into Gr.X as possible.

On this topic, I wouldn't mind if we had events that used more "sub-rules," like how this week's N300 race specifically limits you to a group of JDM cars from the 90s and early 00s. I could see an N100 race that specifically limits you to older compact models like the Fiat 500L and the Volkswagen Beetle 1600, for example. I'd love this idea even more if we saw the additions of real old Japanese classics with under 100HP like the Honda S500 and the Subaru 360.

To be frank, I'd almost go far enough to say that almost all Daily Races should have more specific car selections, with the exception of Gr.X one-make races, Gr.4, and Gr.3 events. It'd offer a much wider diversity of events, but also could have players ultimately using a wider variety of cars, rather than just allowing any car within a given category (albeit with BoP and disabled tuning), making it a battle royale of sorts where the meta-dominating car appears a lot. You could have Gr.2 events where you can either only use the newer GT500 cars, or the older ones from the late 00s, for example. Or you could have an N500 race where you can only use the made-for-game road cars.

I think this all the better reason why GTS (and likely future titles) are taking a quality over quantity approach to the car lists. That said, I think you could still have a diverse group of vehicles that are balanced for each other, with ideally as few cars (that aren't meant for one-makes, like the Red Bull cars and the various F1 cars) going into Gr.X as possible.

On this topic, I wouldn't mind if we had events that used more "sub-rules," like how this week's N300 race specifically limits you to a group of JDM cars from the 90s and early 00s. I could see an N100 race that specifically limits you to older compact models like the Fiat 500L and the Volkswagen Beetle 1600, for example. I'd love this idea even more if we saw the additions of real old Japanese classics with under 100HP like the Honda S500 and the Subaru 360.

To be frank, I'd almost go far enough to say that almost all Daily Races should have more specific car selections, with the exception of Gr.X one-make races, Gr.4, and Gr.3 events. It'd offer a much wider diversity of events, but also could have players ultimately using a wider variety of cars, rather than just allowing any car within a given category (albeit with BoP and disabled tuning), making it a battle royale of sorts where the meta-dominating car appears a lot. You could have Gr.2 events where you can either only use the newer GT500 cars, or the older ones from the late 00s, for example. Or you could have an N500 race where you can only use the made-for-game road cars.
Agreed, I really hope race A was a sign of things to come, we could have an Italian only event, 70s/80s races etc. There are certainly more categories to theme a race around than "roughly xyz hp road cars" where, let's face it, 90% of the playerbase will pick whatever haxx porsche happens to fall within the category

The Vulcan absolutely rocks.
It's a rocket on wheels, people who complain about the braking seem to forget your going as fast as a formula car without the racing tires [and aero] to slow you down. You just need a [much] longer braking point compared to say.. a GT3 vehicle, thas' all.

And also irl the brakes on the Vulcan need to be warmed up dramatically.. or so the reviewer's say.

Last edited:
I don't like the Atenza, its far too slow and heavy to be competitive by itself without leveling it up.
Do you mean the standard road version? For me the Atenza Gr. 3 is really competitive around most tracks. It does feel cumbersome at times though, all the while been a fairly balanced car to race with

Disagree, if you know what you're doing, you can be fast + protect the tyres. In mid-high speed turns it has an INSANE amount of grip, but due to the FWD & hybrid not going to the rear wheels like it should (please f___ing fix that Polyphony), you have to take a slower, sharper and later turn-in for the low speed corners, then either run a high level of TCS or manage the throttle to avoid wheelspin. Also, put the brake balance all the way to the rear.

I'd go as far as saying that the other LMP1 teams in 2015 dodged a bullet when the program had it's problems with the hybrid system (they basically got scammed by Torotrak), because if it they'd simply trusted a company with an actual track record then they would have been a massive threat to the status-quo.

The basic principle of the car worked - it has a high amount of grip at high speed, good straightline speed (fastest car in Le Mans speedtraps in 2015), was just let down by one company being totally incapable of producing a working hybrid system.

Nismo has 1500 frontal downforce while any other gr1 car has only 850. This gives huge advantage at any corner that it can past over 200 km/h. However in any corner below that speed it cant use that advantage due to huge amount of understeer.

The thing is at tracks like Willow springs, Tokyo express way central inner loop Nismo does best lap times. However at any other track its one of the worst.

It must have taken serious cojones to slap the GTR badge on that utter pig. They did their whole team dirty with that design. FF in a Le Mans car. How did the alarm bells not go off?

Their idea is actually very good on theory. However it sucked badly due to technical problems. Im pretty sure Nismo Lm GTR is one of the most interesting race car in history. Even more interesting then the Vacuum cleaner. Before they start to that project Nissan didnt want to copy a regular Lmp1 car. They wanted completely different car.

I dont know why Nissan give up from this idea just because they fail once. Im sure that car would dominate the 24h if they fix those problems.

Last edited:
I can tolerate that car, so it definitely isn't the worst.

The fully fitted Atenza or Mazda 6 4wd is a 316hp 1,350kg sedan?

So performance is very very middle of the pack to bottom of the barrel.

The handling is as about what you'd expect for a car with 60% of the weight at the front.

btw. I think Ferrari's motto according to PD is "the best car is the one we have yet to build".

So I feel like PD's motto is "the worst is yet to come".

A lot of VGTs drive like crap or at least, very very ordinary.

I've only driven the Infiniti very sporadically... and its hell trying to force a 1,680kg car that just dont want to behave... and that was the Monza VGT race.

I have the Zagato and it runs rings around the Infiinti.

In fact I also have the Fittipaldi and it drives great, it should be an N600 car.

Still, the Chinese designed Infiniti is a great looking car, automotive sculpture but I'm sure the single full size car that exists doesnt have a drivetrain and doesnt move.

Objectively speaking it certainly isn't the worst car, but I still have to say the new Supra gets my vote. I'm struggling with its handling (being consistently fast is damn hard work) and do not enjoy it whatsoever.
It's pretty shocking to me, given how they explicitely want feedback from the game to influence the real thing. If that behaves anywhere near as crappy as in-game, it certainly isn't a well set up car :odd:

Nismo has 1500 frontal downforce while any other gr1 car has only 850. This gives huge advantage at any corner that it can past over 200 km/h. However in any corner below that speed it cant use that advantage due to huge amount of understeer.

The thing is at tracks like Willow springs, Tokyo express way central inner loop Nismo does best lap times. However at any other track its one of the worst.

Their idea is actually very good on theory. However it sucked badly due to technical problems. Im pretty sure Nismo Lm GTR is one of the most interesting race car in history. Even more interesting then the Vacuum cleaner. Before they start to that project Nissan didnt want to copy a regular Lmp1 car. They wanted completely different car.

I dont know why Nissan give up from this idea just because they fail once. Im sure that car would dominate the 24h if they fix those problems.

Anything below 200kph the key is throttle management, the mechanical grip is there, but you're also seeing how Tototrak failing to produce working hybrid for the rear wheels put them beyond the backfoot.

The reason the project was canned was not because of the 'failure' but because there were planning to use modified e.Dams Formula-E motors in 2016 (remember Formula-E motors are only power capped by battery life, even more so with Gen1, so they're potentially capable of more power), they needed to receive them by a certain date in order to properly prepare for a full FIAWEC campaign, but they just weren't going to arrive on time so they thought it just wasn't worth doing another season on the back-foot.

Remember, the hybrid system in these cars was purely just for mid to low speed corners, and not powering the fronts like PD have incorrectly done.

Also it's worth noting that it technically wasn't a Nissan works program, it was more Nissan sponsored if anything.

I would love to see all of these cars in GT or Forza someday. Some already were (For instance, DeLorean and Aztec in Forza, Crossfire and SSR in GT) but aren't now. Having a Triumph Mayflower or an Edsel in a modern racing game would be delightful.
I think I remember a Bricklin in an old GT too.

Back