Worst Car in GT Sport?

• Thread starter NoFinClue
  • 183 comments
I can't speak for others, but I expect a 1000hp road car to have a matching set up. For God's sake, TheFerrari lift at small bumps in high speeds. It loose all traction on the front wheels. And at high speeds (not top speed) you have to brake before the 200m mark. First time I drove it I made the mistake of braking between 150 and 200m. In real life I would have turned into ketchup in the impact, because of the speed I had into the barrier at the end of the road. It's ridiculous. It would have been Ferrari's "widow maker" if it was that bad in real life.
Well, like you said I can only speak for me, but cornering speed depends on angle, speed and traction. But when the Centryfugally is too high, bye bye. It’s that easy. You just can’t make a corner at any speed, that’s physics. You must adapt your braking points that’s crucial. Those Overpowered Road Hulks try to kill you on every corner, that’s for sure, but as a serious and decent driver it shouldn’t be impossible to manage it.

Well, like you said I can only speak for me, but cornering speed depends on angle, speed and traction. But when the Centryfugally is too high, bye bye. It’s that easy. You just can’t make a corner at any speed, that’s physics. You must adapt your braking points that’s crucial. Those Overpowered Road Hulks try to kill you on every corner, that’s for sure, but as a serious and decent driver it shouldn’t be impossible to manage it.
Why are you talking about cornering speed?

I was telling you the TheFerrari lifts in straight lines and brakes worse than a lorry.

Cornering is the easy part.

And at high speeds (not top speed) you have to brake before the 200m mark. First time I drove it I made the mistake of braking between 150 and 200m.
That’s why. I believe you brake because you were trying to take a corner otherwise I don’t know why you should have hit a barrier if braking on a straight line.

Funny how the four most mentioned cars here (except the VGTs) are N 800/1000 cars (One-77, Vulcan, Veneno and LaFerrari). All of them owned by very few people in real life and probably next to none of them ever driven on the limit on a track.

Honda Fit Hybrid. I'm not against these small cars at all, but they are just not worth it when they come equipped like a true city car. The Honda Fit in GT6 was more track-friendly, as implied by its RS nameplate.

I have to go with the '09 Abarth 500. Expected a go-cart. But it drives like a Suzuki Samurai.

And all the rally cars except the Pikes Peak Quattro.

I have to go with the '09 Abarth 500. Expected a go-cart. But it drives like a Suzuki Samurai.

And all the rally cars except the Pikes Peak Quattro.
86 gr b. With rear biased torque begs to differ. I also find the Evo and the Hyundai pretty fun. Gr b is underused, a sport mode rallycross championship with a mix of dirt and circuits would probably be one of the few places i could score well. People dont seem very good at the dirt driving.

Nissan GT-R LM Nismo. A modern LMP car that just doesn't turn. I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's bad, it's wrong, it's badwrong. It's badong.
It must have taken serious cojones to slap the GTR badge on that utter pig. They did their whole team dirty with that design. FF in a Le Mans car. How did the alarm bells not go off?

86 gr b. With rear biased torque begs to differ. I also find the Evo and the Hyundai pretty fun. Gr b is underused, a sport mode rallycross championship with a mix of dirt and circuits would probably be one of the few places i could score well. People dont seem very good at the dirt driving.
Yeah I suck at it. Never liked them.

When I actually visited the Grand Canyon, my first thought was "screw you Grand Canyon" because of the rally races in past GTs. :mad:

It must have taken serious cojones to slap the GTR badge on that utter pig. They did their whole team dirty with that design. FF in a Le Mans car. How did the alarm bells not go off?

I don't even remember it being that bad in GT6 either, is the thing. Apparently the car was able to go four-wheel drive at certain times or something, obviously that system doesn't translate well to GT Sport or it'd handle better.

As much as I enjoy road cars, the N200 Atenza is a very slow and heavy car when driven stock. It looks nice, it even sounds nice, but it’s difficult to get excited over. I’d say the Fiat is more interesting by comparison, but that has more to do with its history.

Last edited:
I don't even remember it being that bad in GT6 either, is the thing. Apparently the car was able to go four-wheel drive at certain times or something, obviously that system doesn't translate well to GT Sport or it'd handle better.
It didn't even compete with Toyota when they were way off the pace in LMP1, whilst Audi and Porsche duelled it out. Even in an ideal race, it just seemed like a doomed concept, just bad thinking from the outset. I actually feel like some cars with those adaptive 4wd systems do work or show some of their characteristics, the examples coming to mind being the R32 GTR and the newer NSX. The gr. 1 nismo however is listed as FF whereas both of the others are 4wd, most of the time showing a bias to the rear. My mind could be playing tricks on me, though.

It didn't even compete with Toyota when they were way off the pace in LMP1, whilst Audi and Porsche duelled it out. Even in an ideal race, it just seemed like a doomed concept, just bad thinking from the outset. I actually feel like some cars with those adaptive 4wd systems do work or show some of their characteristics, the examples coming to mind being the R32 GTR and the newer NSX. The gr. 1 nismo however is listed as FF whereas both of the others are 4wd, most of the time showing a bias to the rear. My mind could be playing tricks on me, though.

Nothing wrong with the concept (front engine suits LMP aero needs the best), it actually could have been a real threat to the Audi/Porsche/Toyota, Nissan just raced the car too early when they should have been testing. If Porsche had turned up with the first version of the 919, they would have been seriously off the pace too. If Nissan had turned up with a rear biased AWD system and a mid engine, they still would have been way behind as it was mostly the lack of hybrid and chassis design that cost them.

Nissan GT-R LM Nismo. A modern LMP car that just doesn't turn. I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's bad, it's wrong, it's badwrong. It's badong.

The Nismo LM is actually fun to drive IMO, because you get that novelty wheelspin all the way to 4th gear.

Also, way back in the day when Le Mans was first added, it was the qualifying Meta for Sport Mode races once or twice. It could do the Porsche Curves faster than any other car, so it had that going for it.

If you ask me, the worst cars in any GT games are the immeasurably slow cars PD is obsessed with, like the Citroen 2CV, Kubelwagen, even the OG Fiat 500, and VW Bus.

Not saying they don’t have their place in the game, they certainly do. But when your car list goes from 1300 to 130, they’re awfully out of place.

The Nismo LM is actually fun to drive IMO, because you get that novelty wheelspin all the way to 4th gear.

Also, way back in the day when Le Mans was first added, it was the qualifying Meta for Sport Mode races once or twice. It could do the Porsche Curves faster than any other car, so it had that going for it.

If you ask me, the worst cars in any GT games are the immeasurably slow cars PD is obsessed with, like the Citroen 2CV, Kubelwagen, even the OG Fiat 500, and VW Bus.

Not saying they don’t have their place in the game, they certainly do. But when your car list goes from 1300 to 130, they’re awfully out of place.

It could just be that I can't make a good setup for it, or I'm driving it improperly. My point still stands however.

Totally agree about the slow novelty cars. They can be fun when you tune them up, but in a game that's supposed to have FIA-style car classing and balance of performance it just seems like a way to pad out the car roster more than anything. So pretty much like 4 5 and 6 where they had so many of those cars and did next to nothing with them. They existed.

Nothing wrong with the concept (front engine suits LMP aero needs the best), it actually could have been a real threat to the Audi/Porsche/Toyota, Nissan just raced the car too early when they should have been testing. If Porsche had turned up with the first version of the 919, they would have been seriously off the pace too. If Nissan had turned up with a rear biased AWD system and a mid engine, they still would have been way behind as it was mostly the lack of hybrid and chassis design that cost them.

Toyota did exactly that in 2012. The ACO begged them to do Le Mans in 2012 after Peugeot pulled out, which Toyota only ever intended as a testing year originally. And they were pretty quick that race.

I think the Nissan was just the last in the line of the "gimmick" cars that Nissan used to bring to Le Mans. First the Deltawing then the ZOED RC and finally the front engined LMP1 car. Problem with the LMP1 car was that unlike the garage 56 entries they had regulations to adhere to and competition to compare themselves against.

Also the cost of competing in LMP1 is very expensive, especially compared to a few garage 56 entries.

I think they knew relatively soon in its rollout that the car would never be as quick as the top cars without significant money spent which they weren't willing to spend. So they decided to enter the cars a year "too early" just so they got their publicity and money's worth.

Not saying they don’t have their place in the game, they certainly do.
I sure think they certainly have their place here too. Maybe not so much for adults. But I'm guessing super slow cars are great introductory and manageable cars for, say, 3 to 5 year olds. These little ****kickers need their rides too... :cheers:

I sure think they certainly have their place here too. Maybe not so much for adults. But I'm guessing super slow cars are great introductory and manageable cars for, say, 3 to 5 year olds. These little ****kickers need their rides too... :cheers:
Hate to break it to you but if I recall correctly, GTS is meant for people 7-77. You should NEVER let a 3 year old play! :P

I'm surprised that one has mentioned the new Supra. I personally don't hate it, but I can see some people hate it, as looking at it the wrong way will cause it to oversteer into a wall.

But for me, it has to (currently) be the Suzuki Swift Sport. I'm doing something that involves all of the cars, and when I was driving this car, it felt miserable to drive. It lacks character and hates to steer (due to it being FF).

Definitely agree with the Aston Martin Vulcan. And anything under 100hp or can’t go at least 100mph should be included here, given my hatred for slow cars.

What, where does it say such myopia? Paul Newman made POLE in a pro race at Watkins Glen at age 82!
GT Sport reveal trailer in 2015.
upload_2019-5-4_1-26-1.png

I'm surprised that one has mentioned the new Supra. I personally don't hate it, but I can see some people hate it, as looking at it the wrong way will cause it to oversteer into a wall.

But for me, it has to (currently) be the Suzuki Swift Sport. I'm doing something that involves all of the cars, and when I was driving this car, it felt miserable to drive. It lacks character and hates to steer (due to it being FF).

I'm surprised this wasnt mentioned earlier... the Supra is terrible.

I feel that this is a case of 'the emperor has no clothes'... with all the release hooplah and the single make sport races and Igor getting in and a slew of F1 drivers sounding off on how this Toyota BMW Z4 is 'revolutionary' when in fact its a terrible handling car in the game and its ho hum in the real world.

I feel like I'm on the only one not taking crazy pills whenever the press goes into overdrive about it.

The Swift needs its own series to shine. Funny thing is that its a decent car in real life but I feel there's a limit to what a simulation can do with 100hp.

I have also taken some time with the La Ferrari and Veneno and the Vulcan and they all require someone who can drive to the cars' strengths and weaknesses.

I'll be the first to say I didnt like these cars at all but when you fire them off against like competition and maybe even detuned they arent as bad as people say as long as you be aware of where they're not good.

Would I smack a La Ferrari around Tsukuba? No.

Disagree, if you know what you're doing, you can be fast + protect the tyres. In mid-high speed turns it has an INSANE amount of grip, but due to the FWD & hybrid not going to the rear wheels like it should (please f___ing fix that Polyphony), you have to take a slower, sharper and later turn-in for the low speed corners, then either run a high level of TCS or manage the throttle to avoid wheelspin. Also, put the brake balance all the way to the rear.

I'd go as far as saying that the other LMP1 teams in 2015 dodged a bullet when the program had it's problems with the hybrid system (they basically got scammed by Torotrak), because if it they'd simply trusted a company with an actual track record then they would have been a massive threat to the status-quo.

The basic principle of the car worked - it has a high amount of grip at high speed, good straightline speed (fastest car in Le Mans speedtraps in 2015), was just let down by one company being totally incapable of producing a working hybrid system.

Last edited:
Back