would you prefer super hard end game races for non-purchaseable prize cars?

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 108 comments

would you prefer super hard end game races for non-purchaseable prize cars?

• yes

Votes: 90 48.6%
  • no

Votes: 54 29.2%
  • not that difficult, maybe Felipe Massa type A.I.

Votes: 41 22.2%

• Total voters
Brainhulk
And im not talking about just 2 sec faster than gold time A.I. Im thinking like top 2% time with Super Dirty Michael Schumacher A.I.

I highly doubt the AI would be capable of providing that level of challenge on its own - it would need an advantage in a faster car or a head start. So the races can be made difficult to win, but it won't be because of the AI.

No thanks, I didn't play a GT game to have cars that are impossible to obtain. I like a challenge but what's the point if I become frustrated because the driving is near god like? Screw that nonsense, you want the game approachable by everyone and for those looking to a game for some sort of accomplishment in life you need to rethink things a bit simple as that. It's a game and when it becomes an obsession then we have problems. That said I hate trophies, they only feed into OCD.

Yes I would like to have prize cars you can't buy and hard A.I. because that'll be just like GT3 (My favourite game of all time :bowdown:). Anyone who doesn't want that obviously just wants to sail through the game without a challenge :dunce: and in my view that's less fun than earning your prizes. Also making some prize cars un-obtainable (Think some touring cars and race cars from GT3) means that you actually earn your prize, and you enter an elite group of people who spent an hour of hard racing through a tough championship to earn a special race car that people with less skill don't have :cool:. On the flip side the career mode should have multiple options of difficulty so its approachable to everyone, but the easiest difficulty can't be to easy so there's actually any skill involved.

Also the game could automatically change your difficulty level if your sailing through events winning by 20+secs and change it accordingly to your skill.

Yes I would like to have prize cars you can't buy and hard A.I. because that'll be just like GT3 (My favourite game of all time :bowdown:). Anyone who doesn't want that obviously just wants to sail through the game without a challenge :dunce: and in my view that's less fun than earning your prizes. Also making some prize cars un-obtainable (Think some touring cars and race cars from GT3) means that you actually earn your prize, and you enter an elite group of people who spent an hour of hard racing through a tough championship to earn a special race car that people with less skill don't have :cool:. On the flip side the career mode should have multiple options of difficulty so its approachable to everyone, but the easiest difficulty can't be to easy so there's actually any skill involved.

Some of what you said is a bit harsh (like that one part I highlighted), but I agree with the general premise. Having certain cars locked up that you can't just waltz into the dealership and buy makes the game so much more rewarding. It's more exciting when you didn't even know those cars were in the game to begin with. When I was a kid, I had no idea GT3 had F1 cars, and when I won one I went crazy haha. Stuff like this - prize cars and challenging A-spec events, unlocks and what not - are what separates GT from being another soulless racing sim (i.e., Forza as well as just about anything on PC), and I appreciate that.

Some of what you said is a bit harsh (like that one part I highlighted), but I agree with the general premise. Having certain cars locked up that you can't just waltz into the dealership and buy makes the game so much more rewarding. It's more exciting when you didn't even know those cars were in the game to begin with. When I was a kid, I had no idea GT3 had F1 cars, and when I won one I went crazy haha. Stuff like this - prize cars and challenging A-spec events, unlocks and what not - are what separates GT from being another soulless racing sim (i.e., Forza as well as just about anything on PC), and I appreciate that.
Totally agree I have tons of stories of championships I did in GT3 that were really challenging then I went crazy when I saw the car I won and how it wasn't in the dealership and didn't even know it existed in the game. But if I put them here then the page would get very long...:D

/this

They can make the prize cars the RM versions of the Ferrari 458, McLaren mp4 12c, La Ferrari, Mclaren P1, Bac Mono, and the Porsche 918.

Have the regular cars in the game purchaseable for everybody, but the RM versions as prize cars for people that beat the super hard end game

I voted no but I'm impartial. I love rewards for beating a chalange, at the same time if its way too hard, it becomes discouraging. I like to think I'm a well versed driver on the other hand I'm a crappy tuner. With that said, tuning strictly prohibited would be more my cup of tea.

No thanks. GT is no longer just an offline game. Locking away certain cars and literally hiding them to prevent players from knowing they even exist is a hiderance to online races and leagues, as it's roadblock that makes them harder to set up these things. To clarify, I prefer offline over online, but I don't think we need this game mechanic to have a fun career mode.

Why do we need to hold cars hostage to see who the skilled drivers are? Win online races and compete on the leaderboards if you want to prove you're good.

No thanks. GT is no longer just an offline game. Locking away certain cars and literally hiding them to prevent players from knowing they even exist is a hiderance to online races and leagues, as it's roadblock that makes them harder to set up these things. To clarify, I prefer offline over online, but I don't think we need this game mechanic to have a fun career mode.

Why do we need to hold cars hostage to see who the skilled drivers are? Win online races and compete on the leaderboards if you want to prove you're good.
Its not about proving your skill, its about proving that you invest time and effort and therefore are rewarded with things people who don't invest time and effort into the game will never have.

No thanks, I didn't play a GT game to have cars that are impossible to obtain. I like a challenge but what's the point if I become frustrated because the driving is near god like? Screw that nonsense, you want the game approachable by everyone and for those looking to a game for some sort of accomplishment in life you need to rethink things a bit simple as that. It's a game and when it becomes an obsession then we have problems. That said I hate trophies, they only feed into OCD.
Thanks Dr. Freud:odd: For some people the fun is the endless challenge and difficulty, and they don't get frustrated just because they can't have everything in the game they want as quickly as possible. The game needs to accomodate everyone, but it shouldn't do so by reducing it to the lowest common denominator the way that ASpec has been dumbed down for example.

Last edited:
Also the game could automatically change your difficulty level if your sailing through events winning by 20+secs and change it accordingly to your skill.

Slightly off topic but relevent, Forza 5's cloud AI sounds like it could be the way of the AI future something I am sure PD will be watching closely to see how successful it will be. If GT can replicate something similar it would make for some great challenge if done correctly

Its not about proving your skill, its about proving that you invest time and effort and therefore are rewarded with things people who don't invest time and effort into the game will never have.

You clearly mentioned skill in your post, but whatever.

Felipe Massa difficulty, that way the casual 12yr olds can't get them (think X1), but young drivers (later teens) could put the attempt in and still unlock them with a worthy effort.

I still believe in the old-school 'have to unlock it yourself' mentality, too much "Everyone's a winner :dopey:" in sports and all these days.

As long as the AI isn't perfect and able to take corners at unrealistic speeds and doesn't pull a Forza and forget about the break pedal, I'm fine. But, super hard AI for cars you can't get otherwise would be annoying. Then again, you see one of those cars in a lobby you're know to at least stay our of their way.

Back