Would you rather?

• Thread starter motortrend
  • 22,046 comments
Let's see...

FR-S/BRZ/GT86 vs. NSX: I'd love to pick the NSX, but the BR-S86 seems like the more reasonable choice. It's going to be cheaper to keep it on the road and more practical.

Evo X vs. C5 'vette: Evo for me. Taxes for the 'vette would be giganormous and, again, the Evo would be more practical.

E55 vs. Charger: E55. Both would pretty expensive to have around, but I'd rather roll in style with the Benz.

Charger vs. R34: R34 in a heartbear. Especially since GT-Rs aren't illegal over here :sly:

80's Carrera vs. 996: The 80's one. Classic car, and it's not unlikely to even gain some value, instead of losing it.

HSV GTS vs. M5: M5. No explanation needed.

S2000 vs.Celica: S2000 because RWD.

STi vs. 308: STi. More practical, faster, more confortable, less expensive to run, doesn't make you look like you've been part of the adult movie industry in the 80's.

Quatto vs. RS200: RS200, much more expensive, so if I had to chose, I'd go with that :lol:

Old Dart vs. New Dart: Old Dart. Much more awesome and ballsy.

E39 vs. Mazdaspeed3: E39, again: No explanation needed.

850 vs. 370: I love the Z-cars, so the 370 it is. Also, again, the more reasonable choice.

Here's another one:

2011 Volkswagen Polo GTI (~19,000€)
VW-Polo-GTI-371x209-b67e1e49bbef5479.jpg

vs.

1970's 240Z/260Z/280Z (~15,000€ will get you a near perfect example, leaving you with about 4,000€ for all the necessities...)
240z-c-fairlady-withflairs-gnose.jpg

The Polo, I will edit in my match up after finding appropriate pictures

2010 Hennessey F-150 Raptor ($64,430)
2010_hennessey_ford_f_150_velociraptor.jpg

OR
2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 ($76,060)
2012-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-4.jpg

Last edited:
Azuremen
The BMW, because no torque steer into tree.

:lol:

Always amuses me how highly praised the MS3 is in the US. In Europe it's the hot hatch you buy if you don't want any of the seven or eight hot hatches that are better than it...

And above, 240 over Polo, but Polo over 260/280. And Raptor over Vette.

The Corvette without a doubt, the Raptor is nice to, but at the end of the day it's a truck and not a Corvette:P. Oh and for the record, the Corvette in the picture isn't a 2012 Z06.. 240 over the Polo, 240s are so damn sexy :drool:

Do I have to answer my own question? :dopey: If so, 240/260/280Z over the Polo, in a heatbeat. My favouritest car in the history of ever.

Raptor vs. Z06: I've never been a truck or pickup guy, but I do like them 'vettes, so the Z06 for me.

Cygnet vs. JCW Cooper: The Cooper. Not too fond of either of these cars, but I wouldn't want to be caught dead in a Cygnet. Ever. I mean, it screams "look at me, I had to have an Aston but I actually can't afford one!"

I'll have another go, if you guys don't mind:

2012 Ford Focus ST (Supposedly around 26,000€)
Ford-Focus-ST-Paris-02.jpg

vs.

Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 JTS 24V Q4 (24,500 with basically all the options ticked and 6,000 miles on the clock)
alfa_romeo_Brera.jpg

850 vs 370z - BMW expensive to repair. But a V12 under the hood. 370z is abit ugly. More reliable though. I think i'd have the 370z
Polo vs 240z - Datsun any day
Vette vs Raptor - Raptor. Only cos it would suit my needs better
Cygnet vs Mini - Mini. The Astons way overpriced for what it is. The car its based on is over £20k cheaper. That's one expensive badge
Brera vs Focus - I don't like some of the styling of the Focus. So Brera. Although reliability might be an issue.

One of my favourite BMW or an extremely ugly FWD hatchback, easy E39.
I'd have to go for the 370Z, over the 850.
Datsun any day over a polo lol.
I'd have to pick the vette over the raptor, I don't really care for off road style.
Mini over aston, even though I don't really like either.
Focus over the Alfa, the alfa is ugly imo.
86 over MX-5, it has a roof and 4 seats.

MINI over Cygnet, but I'm not keen on either. The MINI is an over-egged pudding and the Cygnet is both an Aston Martin that's too ugly and a Toyota that's too expensive.

Brera over Focus because my name isn't Kev and I don't own any baseball caps.

GT-86 over MX-5 because the NC isn't really as special as the NA or NB MX-5s.

Cygnet vs. JCW Cooper: The Cooper. Not too fond of either of these cars, but I wouldn't want to be caught dead in a Cygnet. Ever. I mean, it screams "look at me, I had to have an Aston but I actually can't afford one!"

Disagree. If anything, the Cygnet implies you have too much money. If you only have £30k to burn but want an Aston you can pick any number of V8s or DB7s. The Cygnet's existence can only imply that it's for people who have so much money they're happy to spend the price of three Toyota iQs on one Toyota iQ.

I take the GT 86 over the Maita. Because I hate convertibles and I don't like look of the NC Maita.

Honda CR-Z
2012-Honda-CR-Z-overview.jpg

BMW M coupe
mr_mcoupe.jpg

Last edited:
It's an odd one. Common sense says the M Coupe because it'd be awesome to drive, but part of me still can't get over the looks. I'd say a draw, but I'd prefer the Z3M's engine in its original home, the E36 M3.

The CR-Z was a good car for me before but really it's nowhere near fast enough or soulful enough for a coupe. Mugen have at least attempted to fix that anyhow.

The Bread Van though, looks bloody sexy, honestly. Plus under there you have much power. The big M for me.

I'll take the GT86 over the NC any day
EDIT:
I would take the clownshoe over the CR-Z. The look of the M coupe is interesting though not really pretty, the CRZ looks better but everything else the M coupe offers is better

I'd have the 86.

Though I fear most people would just recommend the NA instead. :lol:

I wanted to do the NA, but it would be a little difficult finding an NA for the price of a GT-86! :lol:

BMW Z4M
bmw-z4m.jpg

BMW M Roadster
2001%20Hartge%20M-Roadster%205.0.jpg

Last edited:
GT-86 vs MX-5 - MX5 still too girly for me (not offence intended). so GT-86. Concept II looks much nicer though.
CRZ vs Z3M coupe - Z3M coupe. From some angles it looks ok. Someone down the road from me owns one.

Brera over Focus because my name isn't Kev and I don't own any baseball caps.

Do you mean Ken by any chance?

Mugen have at least attempted to fix that anyhow.

I saw a roadtest of the Mugen. Apparently it suffers badly from understeer. U can buy the bodykit though for a normal CRZ. I think it looks better than the Mugen tbh. Unless this is a different Mugen? It does have a different bumper and spoiler.
2011%2520Honda%2520CR-Z%2520Mugen%2520RR%25201.JPG

Mugen kit only?
2011%2520Mugen%2520Honda%2520CR-Z%25201.JPG

The real Mugen

Z4 M roadster by A LOT, I just love the way that car looks. Forget that it has no practicality since it has no trunk nor rear seats, it is just a great looking car with a very nice engine to go along

It's supposed to be old vs. new but I guess we can have some old vs. old or new vs. new comparisons too. In that case I would take the Land cruiser, especially since I do not know much about the patrol.

New one:
Mint, low mile, tastefully modded 500e
500e1992016.jpg

or
Brand new C350 sport
2012-C-Class-C350-Sedan-MH1.jpg

500E, A cool piece of information, Porsche had a lot of say in the 500E

Here is a really fun one that surprised me when I was searching prices

2003 Aston Martin Vanquish

2003-aston-martin-v12-vanquish-james-bond-23709.jpg

or

Audi S5

audi+s51.jpg

Vanquish:drool: Probably one of the best looking modern cars ever, oh and it has a V12. The S5 is gorgeous to, but I've always been a big fan of the Vanquish.

Do you mean Ken by any chance?

Nah, Kev. Or Baz. Or Daz. Or any other two-syllable name shortened down to three letters for people too simple to pronounce both syllables, whose favourite restaurant is McDonalds and whose kids are swearing at adults by the time they're five.

From the above - Z4M, Land Cruiser, C350, Vanquish.

Nah, Kev. Or Baz. Or Daz.

Ahh ok. Just thought Ken cos of the fact block likes baseball caps and Fords.

Z4 vs Z3 - Z4. Because it looks better.

Land Cruiser vs Patrol - Not that keen on the looks of the Land cruiser. So probably the Patrol. Friend a Hi-lux Surf though. That wasn't bad. So probably that

500E vs C350 - 500E. Don't like the look of the newer Merc's

Aston vs Audi - Aston because it looks way nicer, V12 engine and was built not far from me.

Back