Would you use Gran Turismo 5 to decide what kind of car to buy?

• Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 61 comments

Would you use Gran Turismo 5 to make a decision on purchasing a car?

• Yes

Votes: 37 19.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 71 38.0%
  • Likely not

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 16.0%
  • Heck no!

Votes: 20 10.7%

• Total voters
GT played a big part in helping me decide what car to buy, but it was backed up by real world road tests and reviews that confirmed that the car is great to drive.

When the game first came out I hated MX-5's, I thought they were girly hairdresser's cars, but after driving it a bit and doing those really long endurance events I became more and more fond of them. Whenever I was out and about I'd smile when I saw one, so eventually I decided to look into getting one as my next car. I read a bunch of reviews and checked out youtube road tests from Clarkson and Fifth gear and to be blunt could hardly find a bad word said about MX-5's by the people that had actually driven one. Even that idiot Clarkson loves these girly cars and he has driven quite a few good motors in his time, so that was a good sign.

The most striking thing that GT made me notice was this; I'd only ever driven FWD cars in real life and at that time I thought that was fine, but it doesn't take long on GT to realise that pretty much all the RWD cars are better to drive. I can tell you now, I will never ever buy a FWD car again and thats down to Gran Turismo.

So, yeah GT has influenced my car buying decisions and the way I look at cars, but to ignore real world tests and solely rely on a game to buy a car... you'd have to be off your rocker.:crazy:

When the game first came out I hated MX-5's

This is a very good choice, one of my top priorities.

I hate all this 1500-2000 kgs recent cars because they completely lack this distinctive feeling of light response which you can find only under 1200 kgs.

And today you need to try really hard to find any car which is not over weighted behemoth. MX-5 is one of the very few choices

Back