WRC 10 Announced, Coming September 2 on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 460 comments
They are putting a lot of content in this game, which is great. I enjoy these tight real world tracks(rather they weren't so tight but realism takes presidents) With all this content I still request multiplayer tracks. I could buy Dirt 5 but arcade physics isn't my first choice of game styles.

Last edited:
They are putting a lot of content in this game, which is great. I enjoy these tight real world tracks(rather they weren't so tight but realism takes presidents) With all this content I still request multiplayer tracks. I could buy Dirt 5 but arcade physics isn't my first choice of game style.

What do you mean when you say multiplayer tracks?

Wider tracks for passing. 'Rallysport Challenge'

That's not rallying. There have been a few very rare examples of a special stage with more than one car at a time, such as certain German rallies where one stage would be held at a race or rallycross track and four cars would start and race head to head together, but this is well outside of the usual rallying format. With it being a WRC licensed game, as well as being a rally sim, I highly doubt this will ever happen. This would be like F1 2021 throwing in a few gravel stages for no reason. I think you'd be better off with the rallycross circuits on Dirt Rally 2.0

Last edited:
I'm getting Dirt Rally 2.0's Historic Championship vibes for the new History Mode, though I don't know if it will be just races from older cars to newer cars, or similar to a campaign mode in games (reminds of NFS Porsche Unleashed for going through eras). There are also Legend part in Career Mode to select.

Career Mode CMIIW had one thing missing for team management, though dunno if this can be implemented or not due to potential licensing, which is sponsors. Player probably should also be able to buy parts and facilities.

Last edited:
That's not rallying. There have been a few very rare examples of a special stage with more than one car at a time, such as certain German rallies where one stage would be held at a race or rallycross track and four cars would start and race head to head together, but this is well outside of the usual rallying format. With it being a WRC licensed game, as well as being a rally sim, I highly doubt this will ever happen. This would be like F1 2021 throwing in a few gravel stages for no reason. I think you'd be better off with the rallycross circuits on Dirt Rally 2.0

I know it would be out of form to have head to head racing in a rally game but it would give the game a more social variety.

I know it would be out of form to have head to head racing in a rally game but it would give the game a more social variety.

Perhaps but given the title of the game it won't and shouldn't happen. Dirt 4, Dirt Rally 2.0, both have options for that.

A multiplayer deathmatch mode with car-mounted rocket launchers would give more social variety too, but it won't happen because it's a rally sim haha. Narrow roads are a huge characteristic of some rallies, and are part of what makes the WRC series great in my opinion. I believe Kylotonn are coming out with a new Test Drive Unlimited soon though, so you should get some good head to head racing with similar physics there.

Last edited:
A multiplayer deathmatch mode with car-mounted rocket launchers would give more social variety too, but it won't happen because it's a rally sim haha. Narrow roads are a huge characteristic of some rallies, and are part of what makes the WRC series great in my opinion. I believe Kylotonn are coming out with a new Test Drive Unlimited soon though, so you should get some good head to head racing with similar physics there.

What a thought.

Playable characters include:
Sebastian Blow-gier
Thierry Neu-villain
Killer Rovanpera

Didn't WRC 9 only just come out like a few months back? And already releasing the next game? Or is this a normal cycle and I'm just getting old...

It's normal release schedule. September 2020 was WRC9s release and September 2021 for 10. They tend to release around that time of year.

Didn't WRC 9 only just come out like a few months back? And already releasing the next game? Or is this a normal cycle and I'm just getting old...
I was thinking the same, but understand the logic with what @MagpieRacer said, god I'm still on WRC 7 and loaded up 8 yet

However I feel like games could of just patched the "new season" in, like F1 2020 can just have a patch to F1 2021 then 2022 becomes a whole new game, or many I'm just a crazy person

I was thinking the same, but understand the logic with what @MagpieRacer said, god I'm still on WRC 7 and loaded up 8 yet

However I feel like games could of just patched the "new season" in, like F1 2020 can just have a patch to F1 2021 then 2022 becomes a whole new game, or many I'm just a crazy person

Honestly, WRC 9 is so much better than anything that's come before it, I'd skip 7 and 8 immediately if I were you. I agree that a yearly update would probably be enough on most yearly sports games, but y'know, capitalism.

Honestly, WRC 9 is so much better than anything that's come before it, I'd skip 7 and 8 immediately if I were you. I agree that a yearly update would probably be enough on most yearly sports games, but y'know, capitalism.

What he said above - don't waste time with WRC7 or 8. WRC 9 is indeed much better and WRC10 is coming in 5 months...

^ Neat, I guess I can look forward to two titles' worth of significant improvements.

Most of all, it's a relief to have Subaru in a new rally game again that isn't just another Codemasters title with Codemasters handling. The rest is a bonus. I'm still not sure why the Subaru license has been elusive in recent years.

Any players from the WRC 9 Cross-Platform Club in here? I'm absolutely loving it, a real labour of love by the organisers!

Any link you can share so I can check it out ?

Here you go: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3926302630742374

A few players from different platforms have basically come together and run simultaneous identical events on PC, Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5 and PS4 then update a championship table that they made themselves. Really fun and a good little community in the group!

Was hoping for a few improvements to the photo mode but apparently there's no shutter speed, pan nor dolly options judging from all screenshots revealed until now where the cars (rims) remain static despite the cars being in movement. Considering they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of FIA World Rally Championship and will include historic cars and locations it's a huge missed opportunity. Some games to take advantage of photo mode to promote themselves (PCcars, Forza Motorsport, Horizon, Gt Sport etc) on social media etc and WRC10 has a lot going for it, starting from the huge draw distances, characteristic stages from various countries, particle effects/dirt, action scenes (sliding, hairpins, jumps), ending on the cars - i do hope they are working on it for the release...

I do agree that the photomode could use some improvements. The game itself however looks to be packed with content. I wonder when we get some more news and how the postlaunch is going to look like. I could see additional historical content and I sincerely hope they bring back all missing stages from previous installments. All guesswork atm but Kylotonn seems to be on a generous side towards their Playerbase. Have really high hopes for 10 and 11.

I do agree that the photomode could use some improvements. The game itself however looks to be packed with content. I wonder when we get some more news and how the postlaunch is going to look like. I could see additional historical content and I sincerely hope they bring back all missing stages from previous installments. All guesswork atm but Kylotonn seems to be on a generous side towards their Playerbase. Have really high hopes for 10 and 11.

That's a good point actually, I hope that Wales and other rallies that aren't on the calendar this year are still included.

The entire rally is new, and the series has always had cockpit cam?
To clarify, cockpit with proper FoV settings, seat movement, removed windscreen color filter, reduced dust on screens etc. The cockpit in WRC 8 and 9 is like a cockpit mask. Just look at DR2 or AMS 2 for a good cockpit implementation.
VR and overhauled FFB would impress me, but as said let's see.

Latest Posts

Back