WRC 10 Announced, Coming September 2 on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 460 comments
I pre-ordered mainly for the 2 days early access haha. As long as the driving feel is as good as 9, I'll be happy enough just with the new stages, especially the new tarmac events.

Last edited:
Update roadmap:
Screenshot_20210830-141406_Reddit.jpg

So we will have the full 2021 calendar, minus Arctic Rally, by November. 4 new cars, 8 new anniversary events. That's some pretty decent free content arriving.

Should also add, Greece is in the game already but as a historic location and event, so the bit getting added in November is the full career mode rally.

Last edited:
Not sure if we are allowed to post links to articles on other websites (although this one is not a competitor by any means). Feel free to delete it if it goes against the rules. I'm posting it because i feel it's of interest for those interested in WRC10: game director interview.
There's also some gamplay videos on YouTube from those who received the (physical) game early. I'm not posting links because they are easy to find and I don't want to spoil my own experience tomorrow.

Last edited:
Not sure if we are allowed to post links to articles on other websites (although this one is not a competitor by any means). Feel free to delete it if it goes against the rules. I'm posting it because i feel it's of interest for those interested in WRC10: game director interview.
There's also some gamplay videos on YouTube from those who received the (physical) game early. I'm not posting links because they are easy to find and I don't want to spoil my own experience tomorrow.
Take a lot of the videos with a pinch of salt. It's unclear if they have the day one patch or not. Devs have said that without the day one patch it's missing content and isn't the final product.

What i mostly wish was confirmed as better is sounds of cars and optimization on std ps4 for now, and well on any console of course too.
From what I have watched the sounds are definitely better. Optimization, not so sure, it has always been quite a scrappy game on regular consoles and even the One X and PS4 Pro. Next-gen wise, as long as it performs like WRC9 did I'll be happy, 60fps and the increased physics rate did absolute wonders for it.

Take a lot of the videos with a pinch of salt. It's unclear if they have the day one patch or not. Devs have said that without the day one patch it's missing content and isn't the final product.
Thanks MagpieRacer. I'm aware of the day one patch - I'm not worried because i won't be seeing any videos myself... but yeah I should have mentioned it. They warned about it in their tweeter account. Regarding PS4 optimization, I believe people are using the cockpit view? In chasing view the frame pacing seems alright/playable (30fps) from what i saw personally. But yeah I believe the cockpit view is unplayable on a PS4. I couldn't use myself on my old Xbox One X - it's way to much movement all around when using the inside view to be comfortable to play at 30fps no matter how much stable the frame rate is.

Last edited:
From what I have watched the sounds are definitely better. Optimization, not so sure, it has always been quite a scrappy game on regular consoles and even the One X and PS4 Pro. Next-gen wise, as long as it performs like WRC9 did I'll be happy, 60fps and the increased physics rate did absolute wonders for it.
Thanks, well sounds is good news then at least.
In wrc8 it's enough to tire and hurt ears.
They said that each time though and it's been minor as for better sounds until 8 at least.
I don't have 9 yet.

Same for framerate,,even in 3rd person.

Thanks, well sounds is good news then at least.
In wrc8 it's enough to tire and hurt ears.
They said that each time though and it's been minor as for better sounds until 8 at least.
I don't have 9 yet.

Same for framerate,,even in 3rd person.
Well 9 for me did have quite a good step forward in sounds, particularly on the WRC cars. And the co-driver was far better as well. I think from what I've seen of 10 so far, it's the classic cars that have seen the biggest uplift on sounds. Looking forward to finishing work tomorrow to have a proper go myself.

American's have to wait until the 7th<<<<
Poor @AISUYU. I feel your pain! 😅 If you happen to have WRC9 give it a go. That's what I did while waiting for WRC10. No matter how good WRC10 turns out to be, WRC9 is a fantastic game on its own. It helps passing the time. Try a few different cars - I've discovered I'm not as bad as i thought driving a rear traction car...

Last edited:
Couple reviews i saw mention screen tearing, stutter, pop-ins on a ps5... yep it's a kylotonn wrc game..
Early reviews and maybe they don't have a day 1 patch but still.
Even the video on teamvvv doesnt look so great honestly and doesnt look at all believable in how the car is moving.
Other videos i saw did look great but might have been on super pc.
Cockpit feel still seems awkward stiff too.
And fov adjustments not conveniently done.
Sounds i dont know but would be a miracle if great honestly.

Says also pad support great but wheel iffy.
Nothing new, as in 7 i even needed to keep my ds4 plugged for the wheel to work.

I know there's great pluses to their games, which i do like, but they are far from perfect devs, as some fans seem to say.
Old cars only used in single races until now almost etc.
Physics so precise, ok... then you go off road or crash and it's floaty like wipeout lol.

My negative is out lol, sorry i know it sounds like that, oh well, that's what i feel. I'm tired hehe, doesn't help haha.
I'm sure ill still get it at some point, for the pluses, at a cheaper price, and/or on a newer platform probably.

While we're not influencers, we did just get a code through this morning with an embargo of 10am BST (11am CEST) on Tuesday 31st - so expect everything to arrive online then.
Thanks, I looked a few of the reviews and some gameplay.
Summed up it seems WRC 10 is not for wheel users, a few YouTuber said that the FFB is not good on a wheel but a lot better with controller there is much more feeling. The graphics also seem not to good, cockpit view was also nearly not used.
I found not one channel which is normally playing racing games with high end gear.
(It seems it's PC3 from WRC ;) )

This is a bit disappointing but good to know so I will pass it.

Last edited:
Poor @AISUYU. I feel your pain! 😅 If you happen to have WRC9 give it a go. That's what I did while waiting for WRC10. No matter how good WRC10 turns out to be, WRC9 is a fantastic game on its own. It helps passing the time. Try a few different cars - I've discovered I'm not as bad as i thought driving a rear traction car...
Nah I'll play Wreckfest

[EDIT] Found the issue. For some reason the Xbox One version was installed rather the one for Xbox Series X. Downloading and installing again. The patch is already out as it should be.

Last edited:
I remember when wrc9 came out it also was plagued with screen tearing, which was fixed in a subsequent patch. As much as I enjoyed wrc9 it still doesn’t have that something that dirt rally 2 has.
I’ll be waiting on a decent price drop before jumping on this one.

Played the Xbox Series X version all night. In my opinion there is something wrong with the graphics. A lot of pop-in even on Balanced Mode. It also says I’m playing the Xbox One version on my profile. But I really have the Series X|S version installed.
Some graphics and decals on the cars are very pixelated.

WRC 9 looked a bit better IMO

Spent a good couple hours on this now. Really enjoying it, good step up from 9, the cars have a lot more weight to them, makes the braking a bit harder to judge coming from 9 but feels really good. The classic cars definitely feel better than they did in previous games, they seem to have benefited the most from the upgraded physics. Sounds are an improvement, some of the cars still sound a bit weak but there's generally a lot more body to the audio, backfires and off throttle burbles are much more present and sound great. The classics again have seen the biggest upgrade here. Graphically, very similar to 9, but with much better crowds, better foliage and the car damage seems a bit more intricate. I have noticed some screen tearing and some stuttering but not often and the stuttering only happened once.

Content wise, loads to do, the historic stages are actually really fun, and there's a few few, Monte Carlo, Sweden, Kenya, Greece, San Remo, New Zealand and Catalunya all have historic variants. New Zealand, Greece and San Remo ONLY have historic variants. San Remo seems to have the most with 4, 1974, 1981, 1997 and 1998. But realistically it's one stage, 1974 and 1998 and 'forward'and 1981, 1997 are the reversed stage. But there slightly different graphics and the crowds are period correct. Also worth mentioning that you can drive any car on any stage variation, so classics on the modern WRC stages but also the modern WRC cars on the historic stages.

Quickly dipped in to career mode, pretty much the same here with a couple of nice tweaks. You can now name your co-driver for a start. But the realistic duration setting is what made me happy. WRC9 typically had 5 or 6 stages per event, and you can still have that in 10, but if you turn on the realistic setting then, Monte Carlo for example at the start of the WRC3 campaign, has 15 stages, so much closer to the real WRC events. This also leads into the next bit nicely, tyre strategy. You can choose how many of each compound/tyre type you take for the rally, and there's a new menu that shows all your tyres and the life they have. This is where cross mounting comes in. For example in Monaco, for the more mixed surface stages you can mount a studded tyre on the front with the rest being dry softs, just as they would in real life. Loads of flexibility over your tyre choices and with the longer events, has a key role to play. Very cool. You can also choose what compound your spare tyres are. And if you opt in to the shakedown, which gets added as an additional stage at the start of the rally, you get 4 additional tyres.

Edit: should add this is Xbox Series S.

Here's some screens:
4a0cb6c0-9663-497d-b476-5cf149859336.png
7fda2cb4-bd41-44b5-b07f-1df78c8c4d8b.png
d9e0110d-6b4a-475d-b937-9d7cd1e3c304.png
44152fb1-daec-4cfa-aa84-2537e0307a8c.png

Last edited:
Back