EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,636 comments
The timeframe for VR is here, no specific date, but Spring in the window mentioned.

Unsurprisingly it's PC only, sorry to disappoint those with a PSVR2.

1712168927597.png

The timeframe for VR is here, no specific date, but Spring in the window mentioned.

Unsurprisingly it's PC only, sorry to disappoint those with a PSVR2.

View attachment 1343186

VR and Esports.
Always seems a shame to waste so much resources on features only a fraction of a fraction of their customers can use.
90% of us just have to sit this out and wait to see what season 5 will be like 🥱

VR and Esports.
Always seems a shame to waste so much resources on features only a fraction of a fraction of their customers can use.

Personally, I think it shows that there's a commitment to delivering more niche features that are highly important to certain parts of the customer base, such as hardcore sim racers who strongly value VR for immersion. I can't imagine it's profitable to implement, but it's building up goodwill for future EA WRC titles, in the same way as the reasonable price when new, frequent sales, lack of any real post-release monetisation, and the extended patch support.

I'm sure it's also a minor benefit to Codemasters to have VR implemented and tested so that it can be iterated on in any future titles too, but to me this just seems like a genuine effort to make the game as good as it can be for everybody playing it.

Cool to see VR support, but shame it's PC only as I likely would have grabbed PSVR2 for this, but maybe that's something for the future.

In other news, watching the WRC Safari Kenya coverage has got me excited to see the 2024 cars in future games, hoping they add the snorkels for use at Kenya along with some classic safari cars.

Cool to see VR support, but shame it's PC only as I likely would have grabbed PSVR2 for this, but maybe that's something for the future.

In other news, watching the WRC Safari Kenya coverage has got me excited to see the 2024 cars in future games, hoping they add the snorkels for use at Kenya along with some classic safari cars.
Agree with the Kenya stuff, would be awesome to see. They already have the significantly different tarmac and gravel packages for the cars so maybe adding a Safari version isn't too far fetched.

It is a shame no PSVR2 for this game...more reasons the headset doesnt sell. Been patiently waiting since nov for aces of thunder and its about worn out since they haven't updated the release date, outside of GT7, i've been getting let down by game options

It is a shame no PSVR2 for this game...more reasons the headset doesnt sell. Been patiently waiting since nov for aces of thunder and its about worn out since they haven't updated the release date, outside of GT7, i've been getting let down by game options
Sony never support their stuff anyway.
They sell products and don't really care about the service that goes with it.
I'd say there's a few reasons they didn't bother with psvr here.

Also don't the hard-core sim guys care more for triple monitors than they do for vr?

Sony never support their stuff anyway.
They sell products and don't really care about the service that goes with it.
I'd say there's a few reasons they didn't bother with psvr here.

Also don't the hard-core sim guys care more for triple monitors than they do for vr?
I use (3) 4k monitors for work, and don't think I'd enjoy sim racing with that setup, I did buy a high end curve monitor (Not a widescreen) for when I play flat and prefer that over more monitors.

I like the VR immersion for sim racing better than flat...I really want a rally game and flight sim for PSVR2 and I'd be good...but youre right about sony

How are people finding the career AI since the last update? Maybe it's me but I race at 75 and found it slightly harder to keep up at least on CER. Maybe it was a lack of familiarity with that track on my part.

Personally I think that overall the game is in a far better place than it was last December when the usual naysayers and doommongers on this thread were scoffing at the idea that it could ever be fixed.

Last edited:
How are people finding the career AI since the last update? Maybe it's me but I race at 75 and found it slightly harder to keep up at least on CER. Maybe it was a lack of familiarity with that track on my part.

Personally I think that overall the game is in a far better place than it was last December when the usual naysayers and doommongers on this thread were scoffing at the idea that it could ever be fixed.
Enjoying the career a lot more bow the AI is fixed for sure, it's a good challenge and can do longer events as well without it breaking which is handy.

I still the the mode itself needs work or a revamp because it's a bit frustrating overall but it's good enough for now given that DR2 was lacking in substance there.

Enjoying the career a lot more bow the AI is fixed for sure, it's a good challenge and can do longer events as well without it breaking which is handy.

I still the the mode itself needs work or a revamp because it's a bit frustrating overall but it's good enough for now given that DR2 was lacking in substance there.
I agree with @Scaff's review last month that it seems a bit inconsistent but I think it may be consistently inconsistent (if that makes sense), as it seems to me that the bots are better at some sectors then at others. Or, as I said earlier, maybe it's me that's inconsistent.

Last edited:
The most noticeable AI deviance I had in that regard was on MC, specifically the full Turini stages with the Rally1. Going up (i.e starting with the classic Turini ascent) I'm evenly matched with the top time setter but the same stage in reverse (and same difficulty) has me losing time all the way through, especially on the Pra D'ALart.

The last time I ran that in Career it ended up being something like 3 seconds up on the ascent vs 25 lost doing it in reverse.

Yeah I've had that exact thing. I had a great battle at the top of the timesheet on the first running of it then on the reverse got really frustrated because having gone into the stage thinking it was a good chance to take the lead I was losing multiple seconds at every split up until the last couple. And I was driving as quickly, it was so annoying.

Thing is rally games NEVER have consistent AI levels which I always find a bit weird because surely it should be much easier to program than a racer where the other cars are on track with you? It's just spreadsheet times really, but devs really seem to struggle with it, particularly KT. Milestone were alright.

I suspect I was later getting to the game than many in this thread, so I probably haven't seen the same level of change, but I personally think the game is better now than when I first got my hands on it.

(Just wish the damn vibration thing on PS5 would be fixed!)

More than 300 hours already played. The game (simulator) is awesome. The best thing that has happened to the genre in years. They were always ahead of their time. With games that age very well. I will always carry this studio, Codemaster, in my heart. In bad times they made me smile... can you really put a price on a product that gives priceless sensations? :)

"The difference is in the details". Colin McRae, was and would be proud of the great work they have done. Definitely.

Last edited:
Back