WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

Looks like it's a one-year exclusive in the Epic Games Store:

"We are very pleased to be reinforcing our Epic Games store offer with a variety of unique games from our catalogue. Our latest offer is comprised of three games that are very different from each other: Bee Simulator, a superb family game; Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory, a tactical CRPG brimming with dark humour; and WRC 8, the official simulation of the FIA World Rally Championship, which will also be the first rally game available on the Epic Games Store."

https://wccftech.com/three-titles-go-epic-games-store-exclusive/

I've just watched the new trainingsessions B from VVV and I saw that there is a custom season where you can play without skilltrees and team management. Also the Playground (Poland) is shown in the main menu.

Training sessions look great fun and I really look forward to this game. Looks all in all a great improvement over 7 which was very nice already.

Last edited:
Preordered today. I was lucky, i don't know why but It Is not available on Amazon Italy so i went to a local store and It was 49,99€ instead of 69,99€. Yeah. :)

2019-08-30 09_16_03-Start.png

Some camera settings to play around with ;) The one I am very happy with is those bonnet settings and that I can off the camera share!!!! Yes, finally. That was a major bugger for me in WRC7. I got used to it but it was simply to much for me. Now it can be switched off. Copies seem to be out in the wild as well. Will give it a shot this weekend to see if I can find something.

@doblocruiser if you have it on console, could you confirm the framerate and if there are any framerate options in the config, please?

On PC it is still not available for preorder on Epic Games Store.

@doblocruiser if you have it on console, could you confirm the framerate and if there are any framerate options in the config, please?

Sure Pfei. If I find it this weekend I'll post in here. I don't expect a wonder to find it 5 days early but who knows they are prepared to sell it at the backdoor :lol:

BTW preorder on French Amazon is impossible also!

Last edited:

On console it's 30fps locked also for X and Pro. Officially confirmed on facebook by the official page in the comment sections few days ago.

According to @VVV Mars VG they're "still trying" so you never know. I'm getting it on PC anyway.

Would be great if the Pro and X had 60fps, I would guess they have the power..:confused: but really have no idea what it takes to make this happen.

Where did VVV mention they were working on it, was it a video? I’m curious what was said.

Would be great if the Pro and X had 60fps, I would guess they have the power..:confused: but really have no idea what it takes to make this happen.

Where did VVV mention they were working on it, was it a video? I’m curious what was said.

I know 60fps is the preference but I'm one of the lucky people who isn't too bothered about it, I mean I've played plenty of really enjoyable 30fps racing games over the years, WRC7 included. That's not to say I can't tell the difference but I think it's easy to get hung up over it. This game is going to be great either way.

Some raw capture using PS4 share on my pro. Enjoy.

Note, these were all my first runs in my first half hour or so of playing. It's past midnight and I'm tired, no settings have been messed with pad wise so they are poor runs. :dopey:

First impressions, very good. Game feels very smooth on console and looks excellent on the Pro. Nice looking menus and it's very easy to navigate. Lots of camera customisation which is good and the stage design so far is excellent.

First impressions, very good. Game feels very smooth on console and looks excellent on the Pro. Nice looking menus and it's very easy to navigate. Lots of camera customisation which is good and the stage design so far is excellent.

Thanks for those videos. I guess it's not necessary to ask if there is a 60fps framerate option on the Pro?

Grabbed an hour with it before I got too tired, excellent so far, handling is a serious step up from 7, damage a much bigger factor and the team side is looking to be deep.

WRC Jnr career started and two stages done, as well as two training sessions in the bag.

It also has a perm-crash option which should notch the risk/reward factor up a lot!

Thanks for those videos. I guess it's not necessary to ask if there is a 60fps framerate option on the Pro?

Couldn't see the option no. It feels very smooth when playing, much less frame dropping than there was in 7.

Any PS4 beta players know if controller remapping is more open in 8? really don't like how gear changes are bound only to buttons as I use right stick to change up/down in Dirt.Wrote to KT,No answer.Thanks.

Any PS4 beta players know if controller remapping is more open in 8? really don't like how gear changes are bound only to buttons as I use right stick to change up/down in Dirt.Wrote to KT,No answer.Thanks.

The full game launched today and yes it can all be remapped.

The full game launched today and yes it can all be remapped.

Grabbed an hour with it before I got too tired, excellent so far, handling is a serious step up from 7, damage a much bigger factor and the team side is looking to be deep.

WRC Jnr career started and two stages done, as well as two training sessions in the bag.

It also has a perm-crash option which should notch the risk/reward factor up a lot!

How is the feeling on the wheel Scaff? Is it less "wobbly" than in 7?

I also wonder about the team management. It is something that I am not that fond off. To much of a hassle. I want to drive not managing and contracting crew etc etc.

Back