WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
Indeed, you will have to adjust. Braking distances are much longer now, closer to what you feel in RBR. It's much more realistic. In other games like DiRT Rally, SLRE and the previous WRC games it is ridiculously easy to stop the car.

This is a huge improvement IMO.
Oh definitely, if it's more realistic I'm all for it, just taking time to get used to it. Might adjust pace note timing to be earlier too, that might make things easier for me.

Last edited:
I have been getting some really stupid rally objectives recently such as win 5 stages in a 4 stage rally but I think this is the worst one yet. That's right don't repair anything for the entire rally or get a failed objective! Who thought that was a good idea like the whole point of the service park is to repair minor issues you have while out on stage:banghead:

silly.jpg

When in the menu where the vibration stuff is, hit reset to default and then go back out. That triggered it working for me, just don't adjust it afterwards.
Well that did miracles to the gameplay! Thanks! Instant improvement. Now lets hope they fix the manual adjustment...

@xX Jojje Xx

Can't match you on the Wales stage in the Xsara, took about 8 seconds off my time but still about 10 seconds way from you.
1850105f7a599-screenshotUrl.jpg

But did mamage to pip you by about half a second on Corsica in the 206.
185010619f48-screenshotUrl.jpg

Here's a different view run, C4 on Batley reverse, New Zealand.

@xX Jojje Xx

Can't match you on the Wales stage in the Xsara, took about 8 seconds off my time but still about 10 seconds way from you.
View attachment 1214912
But did mamage to pip you by about half a second on Corsica in the 206.
View attachment 1214913

Here's a different view run, C4 on Batley reverse, New Zealand.

Nice 👍🏻😊
Looking forward to play the Corsica stage again, so much fun.
Next one, New Zealand 😊

Weather settings in New Zealand? ( perhaps it does not matter when it is dry )

Last edited:
Nice 👍🏻😊
Looking forward to play the Corsica stage again, so much fun.
Next one, New Zealand 😊

Weather settings in New Zealand? ( perhaps it does not matter when it is dry )
Yeah was one of the dry settings, can't remember which but like you say I don't think it matters too much.

As in the last titles, they don't let us start with the main category or make our own custom championship, as it was until WRC 7. I'm making my own, first the Monte Carlo Rally (depending on which special, 1 or 4 drivers, exception was done in the shakedown, 9 riders), then I do the sum (from the best time of the special and subtract the "difference" of the specials that a certain drive participated), a little complicated to explain, but in the end (Loeb vs Ogier) , had more chances of victory in the "power stage".

Loeb/Ford

Ogier/Toyota

Our team is in the beginner/amateur division for the new season. Fairly confident we can move forward from there.

As for Solo I'm in Professional 2.
Same as pre season then for the team. Annoying that the levels reset every time as it makes climbing up the ranks rather pointless IMO as by the time we reach the "right" level it will be reset again back to the starting level every season. Don't think they thought that bit through very well.

Same as pre season then for the team. Annoying that the levels reset every time as it makes climbing up the ranks rather pointless IMO as by the time we reach the "right" level it will be reset again back to the starting level every season. Don't think they thought that bit through very well.
Depends how long the seasons are I guess, haven't read anywhere how long it will be?

I would like to ask if anyone around here has the facility to make skins in the WRC Generations editor (I tried several times to do it but I'm not succeeding, I have it easier using Windows paint when I need to modify it in assetto corsa, I can't even do it in photoshop).

It would be adapting the "Seat Córdoba 1999/2000" livery to the "Mitsubishi Lancer" skin, and the "Ford Focus 99, 2000, 2001" livery to the Toyota Corolla 98/2000 skin. I'm thinking of doing a "simulated championship between 1997 and 2001" and the main cars would lack Córdoba and Focus.

I was thinking of doing something similar in Dirt 2.0, but it would be a little different, starting from the Focus 99 (make a skin of the Corolla 98/99, as well as the Córdoba). We usually have some "exclusive" cars in a simulator, which gets in the way of trying to recreate a WRC season. Thank you very much in advance.

Out of curiosity, those of you with a PS5, have you noticed the replays become screwed up after the last patch? Cars/image stutters/shakes a lot - seems like a frame pace issue - it's no longer 60FPS smooth. Before the last patch it was fine... Anyone knows if this is a known issue/heard something about it? Thanks.

I tried the rescale on for throttle in settings and it’s actually working much better.
Also did same for clutch and it’s helped there too.

OK, is anyone on PC getting terrible micro-stutters after the last couple of updates?

If so did you manage to fix them?

The frame rate is fine, it just pauses for a few tenths of a second and then resumes, warping me forward, often into a ditch or tree, it's honestly making it unplayable.

Same on Xbox Series X :(
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sad that the Xbox Series X is suffering the same issues as well. But if this is spread over at least to systems there's a chance they fix it - at least I hope so. I do like to see the replays.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sad that the Xbox Series X is suffering the same issues as well. But if this is spread over at least to systems there's a chance they fix it - at least I hope so. I do like to see the replays.
I like watching the replays too. This game has too many problems at the moment, I've parked it in the hope that it will all get sorted out. I don't want to experience it like this :(

To test the theory I booted up 9 and found myself instantly enjoying it.

Last edited:
No movement in Team league, or Solo league for me.

Basically, in Solo league unless you do NO events at all for a week, it's virtually impossible to be relegated.

For the Team league, we were 52ish out of 1400 teams in Amateur, but only 32 went up. Unless everyone in the team does every event during the week, it's very hard to get out of the Amateur group.

@Famine please can you amend the thread title as it's definitely been released now 😅

No movement in Team league, or Solo league for me.

Basically, in Solo league unless you do NO events at all for a week, it's virtually impossible to be relegated.

For the Team league, we were 52ish out of 1400 teams in Amateur, but only 32 went up. Unless everyone in the team does every event during the week, it's very hard to get out of the Amateur group.

@Famine please can you amend the thread title as it's definitely been released now 😅
I went from Pro 2 to Pro 1, 7th in the group. Tough challenges today, the Quattro on that Greek stage is very tricky, doesn't like stopping and if you let the revs drop in 1st it really takes an age to get going again.

Season 2 will apparently start earlier than planned, on the 9th January. I really love the leagues mode, but if they keep shortening seasons and starting them early, resetting progress after just a matter of weeks, it will die very quickly.

Season 2 will apparently start earlier than planned, on the 9th January. I really love the leagues mode, but if they keep shortening seasons and starting them early, resetting progress after just a matter of weeks, it will die very quickly.

I think a big problem we have is that all eight people are not consistently participating. If all eight of us are not doing at a minimum the weekly then we will never get anywhere.

It's too time consuming with the three attempts allowed. Two dailies and a weekly, three runs each, is a massive time investment.

I think a big problem we have is that all eight people are not consistently participating. If all eight of us are not doing at a minimum the weekly then we will never get anywhere.

It's too time consuming with the three attempts allowed. Two dailies and a weekly, three runs each, is a massive time investment.
Even in the solo side of it though, if it's just gonna reset every few weeks into a new season it's worthless on all fronts.

Out of curiosity for the DS/Controller players, would you recommend picking this up as an extension to DR2? I put down the latter as the weekly/monthly events (as well as the stages) were getting too repetitive, would Generations scratch that itch?

Out of curiosity for the DS/Controller players, would you recommend picking this up as an extension to DR2? I put down the latter as the weekly/monthly events (as well as the stages) were getting too repetitive, would Generations scratch that itch?
In a word, yes!

Back