WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
I've got no idea what they were doing with V-Rally 4. They'd already released WRC7, which was when their WRC games actually started to get good, and yet VR4 was such a downgrade it was like they entrusted the whole project to the work experience kid. Hopefully if they did it again they'd do it properly. They've got the eternally in development Solar Crown to keep them busy for the next eight years or so, though, then the MXGP series to revive for the three people who buy them.

I don't know about "missing sounds" but the sounds, like in all the KT games, suck!

The throttle bug for me never existed.

My FFB has never gone out on PS5.

Fanatec GT DD Pro, WRC wheel, Clubsport V3 pedals.

Not sure where this question came from... it's very similar to WRC10. Quite good once its dialed in.

Loose surface physics are better than ever, but tarmac is a step back from WRC 10; it's a bit too floaty but tightening up the setups helps a lot to keep the car planted.
Will give it another chance this week. With EAWRC released I got curious to see a bit more of generations and at first glance it looks and feels better than I remembered 🤔

Last edited:
I had a fantastic time doing Rally Sweden, in a really tense three way battle for the win with Neuville and Rovanpera which just went away from me when I forgot to change my tyres for the long penultimate stage. I came flying back in the power stage but couldn't quite make up enough ground. Ended it feeling like I'd had a great time with Generations and full of remorse about how negative I'd been about it.

Then got to Croatia and honestly think if I'd done every stage going round in reverse gear, I'd still have won every stage by a minute. Kinda reminded me why I'm always so conflicted on it.

Last edited:
I had a fantastic time doing Rally Sweden, in a really tense three way battle for the win with Neuville and Rovanpera which just went away from me when I forgot to change my tyres for the long penultimate stage. I came flying back in the power stage but couldn't quite make up enough ground. Ended it feeling like I'd had a great time with Generations and full of remorse about how negative I'd been about it.

Then got to Croatia and honestly think if I'd done every stage going round in reverse gear, I'd still have won every stage by a minute. Kinda reminded me why I'm always so conflicted on it.

Was always frustrating that. Pretty sure the AI times are just word documents with times, quite easy to modify on PC but just have to live with it on console.

Does anyone know where I can deactivate the communication to the servers after a stage. It takes a lot of time and it's very annoying 🥴

Both WRC 10 and this are on sale. Which one do you guys recommend ? I read that WRC Generations has a throttle bug ?

Both WRC 10 and this are on sale. Which one do you guys recommend ? I read that WRC Generations has a throttle bug ?
The "throttle bug" seems to be dependent on your hardware and how much faith you put into the bar that shows your throttle pedal when calibrating your wheel. I personally never had a throttle bug on my Fanatec setup even though the calibration screen always showed me weird inputs.

As far as WRC10 vs Generations, WRC10 is the pinnacle of KT physics, while Generations is the pinnacle of KT content. They are both solid games and I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

The "throttle bug" seems to be dependent on your hardware and how much faith you put into the bar that shows your throttle pedal when calibrating your wheel. I personally never had a throttle bug on my Fanatec setup even though the calibration screen always showed me weird inputs.

As far as WRC10 vs Generations, WRC10 is the pinnacle of KT physics, while Generations is the pinnacle of KT content. They are both solid games and I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.
I'm looking at the comparison and it looks like Generations physics is weightier ?

I'm looking at the comparison and it looks like Generations physics is weightier ?
Yes, it is... On loose surfaces. On tarmac WRCG is a step backwards. The cars are a bit too floaty, but a lot of that can be dialed out by adjusting the setups. The default setups in WRCG are the worst in the series. But IMO WRCG is still the best in the series just for the content, although I slightly prefer the WRC10 physics.

Yes, it is... On loose surfaces. On tarmac WRCG is a step backwards. The cars are a bit too floaty, but a lot of that can be dialed out by adjusting the setups. The default setups in WRCG are the worst in the series. But IMO WRCG is still the best in the series just for the content, although I slightly prefer the WRC10 physics.
Yeah seems like we can push more in WRC10. I hate this, I think I will end up buying both :lol:

Must be honest, there's one thing I utterly hate about WRC10 and that's having to grind and grind and grind to get to the WRC even in season mode - and grind even longer if you want an offer from Hyundai or Toyota. Don't have time for that, just do what EA WRC does and let me jump straight in. At least its much quicker in Generations because you can jump straight in at WRC2.

If it wasn't for that I'd love WRC10. I love the anniversary mode and how much of a challenge it is, the way the historical stages have a different look with spectators closer etc, the physics I think I prefer, the throttle thing isn't a problem so it doesn't feel quite as on/off on controller, and I remember it being generally more challenging albeit with a few difficulty spikes. I think in a lot of ways WRC10 is the absolute sweet spot of the KT series. Plus another consideration is that it covers the older, non hybrid gen of WRC cars from 2021 with the Fiesta WRC and old shape i20 which I guess is a personal preference thing.

Also, I think it's the last one that shows your overall position in addition to your position in class? So if you're in WRC2 and you're winning by miles, you switch to the overall classification and can concentrate on pushing for the overall points places as well as your class championship. I might be misremembering that though, would have to play it again to check.

Last edited:
Can you point me in the right direction of what needs to be ajusted to improve upon the floatyness?
As a general rule on tarmac the cars need to be lowered and stiffened, and the differentials need to be more unlocked (especially front).

Rally Technical YouTube has some great baselines for both 10 and G (I used a lot of his 10 setups as baselines in G - they are for the most part interchangable). You will also find some good setups in wrcsetups dot com.

As a general rule on tarmac the cars need to be lowered and stiffened, and the differentials need to be more unlocked (especially front).

Rally Technical YouTube has some great baselines for both 10 and G (I used a lot of his 10 setups as baselines in G - they are for the most part interchangable). You will also find some good setups in wrcsetups dot com.
Excellent 👌 Will check them out.

Very tough between the two to be honest. Both are far from perfect but both are enjoyable to play, the throttle bug is annoying but manageable on a controller on Generations. Technically 10 is more solid than Generations which, aside from the throttle bug, has more than it's share of issues, none of which will get fixed.

I'll have to contradict @Pfei though and say I found the tarmac to be much better feeling on Generations. On 10 I never felt like I could actually push the cars, it was way too unpredictable and twitchy for me and made me resent having to do tarmac events (to the point I would just skip the tarmac events in career mode). In Generations it felt so much better for me that the tarmac actually became enjoyable and Germany became one of my favourite rallies in the game.

The content is pretty similar between the two games, I can't remember exactly which cars are in Generations and not 10 (aside from obviously the hybrid rally1 cars), the 206 may have been one. Plus Corsica and a couple other locations that got bought in from previous games. 10 does have the anniversary mode which gives the historic cars something to do and was fun to play through. Career mode is completely identical but Generations does have a leagues mode for online racing which was very enjoyable, 10 doesn't have this and probably wouldn't have the player base to sustain it anyway, Generations is barely holding on as it is now.

TL;DR, both are good, both have issues, both have lots of content, Generations probably edges it for the content, multiplayer and (in my opinion) better tarmac driving.

set the wheelrotation to 540 (was 180 before 🤣)

Car Driving GIF by AutoLeitner

I really like the tarmac in 10, im with a g29 wheel.
Its the most solid up to that point for me.
Turning, handling feels natural, instinctive, cockpit pov doesn't even need fiddling with.
Only thing is i find 10 a little too stable, not as raw as 9 in reactions to throttle, bumps etc.

Dont have generations yet, anxious to see how i like it.

Issue solved by putting accélération sensitivity to +0.5 👍
@Pfei Fiddled around with the setup. Tightend up the Stratos, set the wheelrotation to 540 (was 180 before 🤣) Driving has completely changed and is so much better on tarmac. Throttle bug I noticed. I have a small deadzone it seems within générations and it just cuts out.

Very tough between the two to be honest. Both are far from perfect but both are enjoyable to play, the throttle bug is annoying but manageable on a controller on Generations. Technically 10 is more solid than Generations which, aside from the throttle bug, has more than it's share of issues, none of which will get fixed.

I'll have to contradict @Pfei though and say I found the tarmac to be much better feeling on Generations. On 10 I never felt like I could actually push the cars, it was way too unpredictable and twitchy for me and made me resent having to do tarmac events (to the point I would just skip the tarmac events in career mode). In Generations it felt so much better for me that the tarmac actually became enjoyable and Germany became one of my favourite rallies in the game.

The content is pretty similar between the two games, I can't remember exactly which cars are in Generations and not 10 (aside from obviously the hybrid rally1 cars), the 206 may have been one. Plus Corsica and a couple other locations that got bought in from previous games. 10 does have the anniversary mode which gives the historic cars something to do and was fun to play through. Career mode is completely identical but Generations does have a leagues mode for online racing which was very enjoyable, 10 doesn't have this and probably wouldn't have the player base to sustain it anyway, Generations is barely holding on as it is now.

TL;DR, both are good, both have issues, both have lots of content, Generations probably edges it for the content, multiplayer and (in my opinion) better tarmac driving.
I'm on controller so maybe it'll be fine. Just need the driving and the content to be good.

Tough choice indeed, I'd immediately get Generations if KT fixed a lot of the bugs. Shame they abandoned it pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Tough choice indeed, I'd immediately get Generations if KT fixed a lot of the bugs. Shame they abandoned it pretty quickly.
Obviously WRCG is now abandonware. Nothing will be fixed by KT but modders have already started to mess with it.

I don't use controller but I understand that the "throttle bug" is not an issue on controllers, only on certain wheel/pedal/accessory setups. I put that in quotes because I have never had the "throttle bug" except when the car is stopped and I am launching it, which according to KT is the intended behavior (take that as you wish).

I am not surprised KT decided to not apply for the WRC license renewal and cut and run. They have received nothing but hate during their tenure. Their YouTube channel and social media channels were plagued for years with derogatory comments like "your games are ****, give the license to Codemasters already".

Granted, WRC 5 (their first game) was a veritable dumpster fire and possibly the worst rally game in history. However, keep in mind that they made the game, the engine, the stages, the physics in only nine months. With WRC 6 they took a huge leap forward in physics, graphics and stage design. A year later with 7 they took an enormous leap forward in stages and gameplay but got the physics all wrong. After a year hiatus which saw V-Rally 4 released (which I think was a testing ground for tech) they released WRC 8 which was KT's coming of age. Graphics, stages, physics... everything started coming together and with 9, 10, and Generations they had finally established themselves as a decent maker of rally games.

I am hoping KT decides to make an independent rally game in the near future. They did a lot of things right and I think they could right their wrongs without the WRC license straitjacket hanging over their heads. For sure I will be sceptical after them abandoning WRCG but after seeing the sorry state that EA WRC has launched (made by a studio with decades of experience making rally games) I may give KT the benefit of the doubt. But I will definitely never preorder a racing game ever again.

I got a lot of mileage out of WRCG and if it wasn't for all the big rally leagues doing a de-facto switchover to EA WRC I would re-install WRCG. I prefer WRCG to EA WRC but I admit I have another problem: at this point in time the only rallying I want to do is to dust off the laptop and play modded RBR in VR with my Rift S. Nothing else comes close. It's too bad I don't have time to be fiddling with finicky PCs anymore. GT7 in VR, after 43 years of gaming, is the best and most hassle-free racing experience I have ever had. If all these modern half-baked rally games are going to be like this, so be it, I won't play them.

Obviously WRCG is now abandonware. Nothing will be fixed by KT but modders have already started to mess with it.

I don't use controller but I understand that the "throttle bug" is not an issue on controllers, only on certain wheel/pedal/accessory setups. I put that in quotes because I have never had the "throttle bug" except when the car is stopped and I am launching it, which according to KT is the intended behavior (take that as you wish).

I am not surprised KT decided to not apply for the WRC license renewal and cut and run. They have received nothing but hate during their tenure. Their YouTube channel and social media channels were plagued for years with derogatory comments like "your games are ****, give the license to Codemasters already".

Granted, WRC 5 (their first game) was a veritable dumpster fire and possibly the worst rally game in history. However, keep in mind that they made the game, the engine, the stages, the physics in only nine months. With WRC 6 they took a huge leap forward in physics, graphics and stage design. A year later with 7 they took an enormous leap forward in stages and gameplay but got the physics all wrong. After a year hiatus which saw V-Rally 4 released (which I think was a testing ground for tech) they released WRC 8 which was KT's coming of age. Graphics, stages, physics... everything started coming together and with 9, 10, and Generations they had finally established themselves as a decent maker of rally games.

I am hoping KT decides to make an independent rally game in the near future. They did a lot of things right and I think they could right their wrongs without the WRC license straitjacket hanging over their heads. For sure I will be sceptical after them abandoning WRCG but after seeing the sorry state that EA WRC has launched (made by a studio with decades of experience making rally games) I may give KT the benefit of the doubt. But I will definitely never preorder a racing game ever again.

I got a lot of mileage out of WRCG and if it wasn't for all the big rally leagues doing a de-facto switchover to EA WRC I would re-install WRCG. I prefer WRCG to EA WRC but I admit I have another problem: at this point in time the only rallying I want to do is to dust off the laptop and play modded RBR in VR with my Rift S. Nothing else comes close. It's too bad I don't have time to be fiddling with finicky PCs anymore. GT7 in VR, after 43 years of gaming, is the best and most hassle-free racing experience I have ever had. If all these modern half-baked rally games are going to be like this, so be it, I won't play them.
I watched a couple of EA WRC gameplay and I think I still prefer WRC 10 or Generations. But I just need to try them all.

I do love Dirt Rally but it's too intense sometimes and I'm still a beginner at rally so it's pretty extra hard.

Last edited:

I personally think they are working on V-Rally 5 and that we could seen an announment somewhere next year after Solar Crown releases.

Still sincerely hope that Milestone picks up on their SLR title. It deserves a follow up and I am sure they would bring something pretty fantastic 👍

I think as soon as a modder fixes the in car sound then I will re purchase WRCG on PC, (I've got it on Xbox), and play it a lot. One this problem is fixed it will be fantastic.

I think there was some kind of hint on Twitter a few weeks ago about V-Rally 5 wasn’t there? I’m sure I saw that. I’m sure if they were going there again, they’ll just want to get it right because VR4 was pretty average. V-Rally 5, Solar Crown and the new MXGP game, I think that’ll be them busy for a while.

The reception from rally fans to the WRC series was so toxic at times, and their responses at times so snappy, that I suspect they’ll be quite happy to move well away from making that sort of game now. It frustrates me though, because some of the criticism they got was understandable, some of the design decisions they made to effectively restrict how you could play the game despite giving all of that amazing content and the way they abandoned Generations without actually fixing it - I can see why their popularity was pretty sketchy. On social media they often seemed very reluctant to take any criticism, constructive or otherwise, on board. They ultimately lost both the WRC and TT games despite the games themselves being pretty good.

Said earlier in this thread though, I’d love them to develop a Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo style ‘unofficial’ love-letter to rally games and go out with a massive bang, but I suspect they won’t because I don’t think they love it, it all went a bit toxic.

I watched a couple of EA WRC gameplay and I think I still prefer WRC 10 or Generations. But I just need to try them all.

I do love Dirt Rally but it's too intense sometimes and I'm still a beginner at rally so it's pretty extra hard.

For what it’s worth (and I know other will disagree, which is fine) EA WRC for me is way ahead of the KT ones. I thought I’d keep generations installed so I could go back to it and play leagues with my dad but I uninstalled it after less than a week with the new one.

Everyone will naturally have a different view but to me, that comparison is very one sided.

For what it’s worth (and I know other will disagree, which is fine) EA WRC for me is way ahead of the KT ones. I thought I’d keep generations installed so I could go back to it and play leagues with my dad but I uninstalled it after less than a week with the new one.

Everyone will naturally have a different view but to me, that comparison is very one sided.
I will still try EA WRC in the future, probably when it's on huge sale though like I always did lol

Who knows, I might change my mind.

Last edited:
Must be honest, there's one thing I utterly hate about WRC10 and that's having to grind and grind and grind to get to the WRC even in season mode - and grind even longer if you want an offer from Hyundai or Toyota. Don't have time for that, just do what EA WRC does and let me jump straight in. At least its much quicker in Generations because you can jump straight in at WRC2.

If it wasn't for that I'd love WRC10. I love the anniversary mode and how much of a challenge it is, the way the historical stages have a different look with spectators closer etc, the physics I think I prefer, the throttle thing isn't a problem so it doesn't feel quite as on/off on controller, and I remember it being generally more challenging albeit with a few difficulty spikes. I think in a lot of ways WRC10 is the absolute sweet spot of the KT series. Plus another consideration is that it covers the older, non hybrid gen of WRC cars from 2021 with the Fiesta WRC and old shape i20 which I guess is a personal preference thing.

Also, I think it's the last one that shows your overall position in addition to your position in class? So if you're in WRC2 and you're winning by miles, you switch to the overall classification and can concentrate on pushing for the overall points places as well as your class championship. I might be misremembering that though, would have to play it again to check.
Much as I believed all this to be true when I posted this, I did indeed go back onto WRC10 and have a decent play of it and can confirm 90% of the above is bollocks and WRC Generations is way better.

• it looks far better, I hadn’t realised how much the visuals were upgraded.
  • the cars feel weightier but also easier to control and less prone to awful physics WTF moments.
  • I’d forgotten just how horribly twitchy WRC10 feels on asphalt on controller. You can improve it with controller settings etc but some of the narrower roads in Monte Carlo are incredibly frustrating because you just bounce from rock to rock before you somersault into a ravine.

Is it correct that the very long stages don't have any replays? I tried Monte Carlo twice but got nothing.
I don't remember ever not having a replay. Was your ghost successfully uploaded? I know that was an issue on epic stages with slow Internet.

Back