WTC600 at the Nordschleife. Tips and tuning setup to beat the SU7...

  • Thread starter Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 125 comments
  • 18,384 views

jrbabbitt

Premium
Messages
4,372
United States
Charleston, SC
Messages
TCR_JimyBee
I am starting this thread as a companion piece to the WTC600 at Tokyo because it is almost as hard.
The SU7 starts on pole and runs away from everyone but it has a flaw, it cannot go fast in turns and the twistys of the Nordschleife, it can do exceptional on the straights.
I first tried with the TVR with the V12 swap and got no better than P3. So I scoured my garage for an appropriate car, light and fast.
I came up with a modified RX500. It has some engine mods (setup below) and thus I had to adjust for the 600PP limit and a little trickery with my tyre selection (this was a quick build not a studied approach) I put on Heavy Wets and with some ballast I got it below 600PP.
All said and done I did finally beat the SU7.
I would like to see other posts describing their runs in this IMHO hard race.
19c2030bfd411-screenshotUrl.webp
19c2030db4c97-screenshotUrl.webp
19c203033eb0-screenshotUrl.webp
19c203019aa82-screenshotUrl.webp
 
Celica Rally Car on RMs (I think the stock RHs will work as well) is the cheat code for this race.

You lose about 7 seconds each time down the Dottinger, but you gain so much time in the corners it doesn't matter.
 
What's going on with the result times? This looks weird.
 
Here's about my run :
Used the Porsche 911 Turbo S '20. Took the stock car, added some aero parts and wider wheels ( for the looks ) and slapped on SM compound. I then detuned it to 600 PP via adjustable ECU and weight. That was it ! No other tuning. An easy win including the CRB. Although the SU7 closed up a good bit on the final straight. The result board is wrong btw., the gap to the Xiaomi was about 6 sec.

WC_260130_B6.webp

WC_260130_S6a.webp

WC_260130_S6b.webp

WC_260130_R6.webp


@KAlex122 you see, these time measurement mistakes happen quite often recently.
 
Last edited:
Just doing a WIP “slight” tune for the Cayman but this seemed pretty good, kindof only suspension, diff and aero changes. Ecu for a little bump in power.

IMG_1682.webp


And the tune:
IMG_1679.webp
IMG_1680.webp
IMG_1681.webp
 
Last edited:
Celica Rally Car on RMs (I think the stock RHs will work as well) is the cheat code for this race.
Anything "Group B" related is a cheat code at 600 or 700pp. Two of my favorites, especially when there's no fuel restrictions, are the two swapped GrB road cars, the Evo and the WRX. Both are ridiculous at 600 on SS and at 700 on RS. I'm horrible around the Ring but in the Evo I caught the Xiaomi before the second carousel on lap 1. Also kerbs don't exist for Group B's :)
 
I beat the SU7 in two tries with a Corvette ZR-1 (C6). I don't think there is anything remarkable about it other than putting a power restrictor at 82% to get under 600 pp. It also has a rear wing, racing brakes and carbon shaft, and I had six seconds on the SU7.
 
This is a little harder than the European Clubman Cup 600 race but at the same time the SU7 isn't as fast on the straights as the Alfa in that race. Won with a stock '24 GT-R no problem, even with the AI pushing me off the track and losing me 7 seconds on the first lap. Tried a few lightly tuned cars too and won easily with a TVR Tuscan with all the sports parts and a high lift camshaft, also won with a 587 PP R34 on SH. I also did manage to win by about 2 seconds with the XJ220 on CS with the ECU upgrade and 98 kg of ballast, but that was a tricky race.

Seems as long as you're above 580 PP and on SH or better with good enough straight line speed most cars should be able to win, couple of races I've seen Heywood beat the SU7 too.
 
I simply down tune a bit (power restrictor and ballast) the new Elantra TC on RH and it was enough to get the win by 8 seconds.
 
Engine swapped & tuned Alfa 4C Gr3 Road Car on SM makes light work of 600pp, overtook the SU7 at Brunnchen on lap 1 & ~30s ahead across the finish line though the results screen times are bugged. No contest!

19c235dc2be36-screenshotUrl.webp
 
I had no idea people needed tunes to beat this one! A stock Cayman GT4 on SM tyres did the job perfectly well for me, to the point I almost caught the Xiaomi in just one lap.
Will have to try this...
 
Tried to beat the Xiaomi with a 600PP Polestar but no chance, the Xiaomi's just too quick. Finished 2nd. Didn't try any other car so far.
 
Looking forward to this one. If a bit less than 15:00 is enough that seems pretty doable.
 
Hey guys, if you're desperate cos nothing else helps, you know you still can get into your precious ( sort of ) mobile home and do a sightseeing tour round the very impressive Nürburg. ;)

WC_260130_B8.webp

WC_260130_R8.webp


I had caught the SU7 on lap 1, right after Hohe Acht. Clean race btw ... :D
 
Last edited:
Hey guys, if you're desperate cos nothing else helps, you know you still can get into your precious ( sort of ) mobile home and do a sightseeing tour round the very impressive Nürburg. ;)

I had caught the SU7 on lap 1, right after Hohe Acht. Clean race btw ... :D
I was waiting for someone to take the best van on a tour around there. :lol:

Haven't tried yet but if running under 7:30 each lap is fast enough the '07 Audi R8 should be able to do it which would be around 150 PP lower than the SU7. Wonder how low you can go on performance points.
 
I was waiting for someone to take the best van on a tour around there. :lol:

...
Couldn't resist, had to do it. That thing is too good. And ... what really knocks me out every time is when you watch the replay in broadcast view : UNREAL ! :dunce:
 
Last edited:
First time i realize the time bug myself. Very weird. About 10 seconds in front after hitting the walls at least 3 times heavily. I could just not handle the Porsche with 0 front downforceand 250 back downforce.

I do like it in the European Championship when you hear the Alfa roaring in the beginning of lap 2 when he's still about 7 seconds in front. But in this race the rest of the field is more on par, especially the Lambo. That's more fun. In the European Championship you drive alone most of the time.
10213.webp
 
The Honda Beat with the K swap is an absolute monster in 600pp locked events.
 
I often do this thing where I take the car from the event thumbnail to the event.

This was difficult, I think I got a little lucky with the rival cars being kinda slow as I overtook the Xiaomi before the karussell on lap 2.

Widebody, 20" rims, standard spacing and rim width.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20260203221433.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20260203221713.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20260203221724.webp

 
I just did two different races at the WTC600, one with the Porsche Gr.4 Clubsport Cayman and the other a random grab at another Gr.4 car (Toyota Supra) and with minimal adjustments to aero and installing SM tyres I am able to get below the 600PP limit and win.
Therefore I am making the general assumption that Gr.4 cars are a good bet to beat this SU7 in this race.
19c25b20ded69-screenshotUrl.webp
19c25b23b6c97-screenshotUrl.webp
 
Wonder how low you can go on performance points.
399 in the glitchmobile Honda Beat. That's on EASY, the field is very slow on easy... 16 minutes plus. Someone who can drive this track could probably get close to 350PP.
 
IMG_5769.webp


I did this event in my C6 ZR1 which is my go to car for 600pp events and managed to win by de-tuning the car to 606hp and increasing the weight to 1520 kg (3351 lbs) and I only put on a rear wing to 205 downforce. It wasn’t my best attempt but still managed to win the race.
 
I think I'll go hard on that race, meaning preparing some cars and grind it out. Just bought a Vantage, Cayman, 911'01, 911 '09, Ferrari 512 and some more and just stick SM or SS tires on them.

I think it's really more enjoyable than the European Championship as the top (say five to seven) AI cars are more lively here. They are a bit closer to the leader and bang it out, fighting each other a bit.
 
The formidable SLR at stock and 95% power reduction also beat the SU7, but in 15:56. The SLS AMG with the weight reduction was far more agile, but the SLR is much more stable at high speed, and its stock brakes and suspension are incredible, considering the 3,800 lbs weight, BUT fade really became an issue in the latter parts of the second lap and the SU7 almost caught me at the straight.
 
I used a stock Nissan R34 GT-R Z-Tune. Stock down to the SM tires. 591 PP. Beat the race on first try.

Anything "Group B" related is a cheat code at 600 or 700pp. Two of my favorites, especially when there's no fuel restrictions, are the two swapped GrB road cars, the Evo and the WRX. Both are ridiculous at 600 on SS and at 700 on RS. I'm horrible around the Ring but in the Evo I caught the Xiaomi before the second carousel on lap 1. Also kerbs don't exist for Group B's :)
Just to clarify, Group B and WRC cares have absolutely NOTHING in common other than they both race on dirt. They could not be more different. Group B are some of the most insane race cars ever created. WRC cars are production based with roughly 300 hp.

Back to your regular programming:dopey:
 
Just to clarify, Group B and WRC cares have absolutely NOTHING in common other than they both race on dirt. They could not be more different. Group B are some of the most insane race cars ever created. WRC cars are production based with roughly 300 hp.
Good point, I only mentioned "Group B" because that's how all the rally cars are categorized, somewhat ironically since there's only one actual Group B car in the game.
 
Back