WTC600 at the Nordschleife. Tips and tuning setup to beat the SU7...

  • Thread starter Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 125 comments
  • 18,406 views
I've been rolling through my collection of Gr.3 Road cars and so far the Citröen is a 🐕...
 
I used a modified Elantra N that I had been using before the TC came out. Overtook the Xiaomi after the carousel on lap 2 and had a good enough lead that he couldn't catch up on the Dottinger Hohe.
I forget who's tune I used but if anyone is interested I can post it here.
 
I Did it with the Boss and got the CRB. The Boss is a very potent car for 600pp races. I've done the race a couple of times and had some confusing results between the timing in race and the timing results sheet. There has been some big differences. On this particular run though there was only a 1.5 second difference which is more normal.
 

Attachments

  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20260205073006.webp
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20260205073006.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 15
So having ran this race a few times, I’ve come to two conclusions.

1: If it was a 1 lap event, this would be a challenge for most, but not impossible.

My Integra swapped Panda on RS tyres caught the Su7 on Lap 1 at the Mini Karussell, got passed down the straight and got back past before the end of the lap.

2: If you want a really tricky challenge, look at this..
IMG_2110.webp

Nothing out the ordinary right? Even slower than some of your guys times. :lol:

But here’s the kicker…

That Impreza is at 550PP. :odd:

Hard Difficulty, No widebody, no aftermarket aero, lightly tuned factory engine making 298hp, no major engine/body upgrading and on SM Tyres.

Even kept the stock 5 speed gearbox too.

And if you’re curious, the replay is shared already under the name, “The Bunta 550 Challenge”. ;)

Tags are, #wtc600 #bunta #impreza
 
Last edited:
So having ran this race a few times, I’ve come to two conclusions.

1: If it was a 1 lap event, this would be a challenge for most, but not impossible.

My Integra swapped Panda on RS tyres caught the Su7 on Lap 1 at the Mini Karussell, got passed down the straight and got back past before the end of the lap.

2: If you want a really tricky challenge, look at this..View attachment 1511185
Nothing out the ordinary right? Even slower than some of your guys times. :lol:

But here’s the kicker…

That Impreza is at 550PP. :odd:

Hard Difficulty, No widebody, no aftermarket aero, lightly tuned factory engine making 298hp, no major engine/body upgrading and on SM Tyres.

Even kept the stock 5 speed gearbox too.

And if you’re curious, the replay is shared already under the name, “The Bunta 550 Challenge”. ;)

Tags are, #wtc600 #bunta #impreza
If your purpose was to bring anxiety and all that short of stuff.....damn you succeed
the-big-bang-theory-jim-parsons.gif
 
So... I got the Celica GT-FOUR (road car) and an engine swap that would put 500 hp on it and still would be well under the 600 PP limit... Do I build a SU7 buster, or an R. Kokubun (WTC 600, you know the one) hunter?
 
What a hoot! How about a top five in the Kart, 49 Hp with a top speed around 175 kph +/- uphill downhill. Two main challenges, Karts hate kerbs, and the AI hates Karts. I actually had a 6 second lead heading onto the final straight but got gobbled up. Very fun!
20260204_150401.webp
 
My contribution for this thread.

Normal difficulty, ABS weak, all remaining aids set to 0 or off. Still adjusting to wheel (and what a blast it is!)

Honda swapped Panda on Sport Soft tires. Top speed 150mph on Dottinger straight 😳😳 but damn fast on curves (although not stable by any means 😂😂). Tune was done on the fly and not fine tuned, but somehow it worked. Also got the negative times for the other two cars. Got the lead on Aremberg in lap two.

IMG_1518.webp


IMG_1520.webp


IMG_1517.webp


IMG_1519.webp
 
It just so happens that the race is now a weekly event, so I decided to give an opportunity to a failed experiment for the WTC 600/Tokyo Expressway in the form of an Eunos Roadster '89 with an RX-7 engine swap (417 hp with the mid-rpm turbo).

Unlike my other tries (except for the Corvette ZR-1 maybe) this one was at the edge of a knife the whole time, and I caught with the SU7 (which was running on second after Haywood and his Gallardo!) after the Carrousel on the second lap, but he brake-checked me hard so I had to back off. Of course, I couldn't catch it on the straight (although it probably tops at 320 kph) but I got it again in the deceleration zone. Unfortunately, on the damned last corner before the finish line, he got inside and bumped me :mad:.

In the end Haywood won in 15:55 I believe, but I got the third place to clear the weekly event.

I could go back to try and win it with this Eunos, but it's exhausting as much as it is incredibly fun.
 
Edit
 
Last edited:
Just snuck under 7 minutes for the second lap. Interestingly the Mazda got second on this run like @smoothbore12, with very similar times overall. I think my tune leaves seconds on the table too but there's a lot of headroom left to the 600pp maximum.
19c3991e82227-96f5F2A76CE1497FBC8.6EDADF6F9AF4E281_message_453245803197192_1770491418739.webp
19c3997064591-96f5F2A76CE1497FBC8.6EDADF6F9AF4E281_message_453246119231256_1770492653247.webp
19c39971c2320-96f5F2A76CE1497FBC8.6EDADF6F9AF4E281_message_453246122114260_1770492664508.webp
 
Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys running hard difficulty. I've been stubborn an stuck with hard difficulty. Most of the difficult races can take a long while before I nail 1st...not conquered this one yet. P2 best
 
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys running hard difficulty. I've been stubborn an stuck with hard difficulty. Most of the difficult races can take a long while before I nail 1st...not conquered this one yet. P2 best
All of my runs I've posted are in such difficulty.
 
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys running hard difficulty. I've been stubborn an stuck with hard difficulty. Most of the difficult races can take a long while before I nail 1st...not conquered this one yet. P2 best
Most of the results in this thread are on hard difficulty. You can tell by overall race time and fast AI time relative to winning time. 15 minutes and under with a relatively close second place AI indicates hard mode. The slowest I've won on hard was 15:14, with intent. Semi pro tip, take advantage of the pace matching mechanic by sand bagging the first sector on lap 1, the AI will match your pace and can't react to a much faster lap 2, this only applies if sub 7:30 is a struggle.
 
Back