X1 Prototype- WOW!

Oh well it's stiil awesome to see a full size model of it.:)

Certainly, when I first saw the pics I was like... "Red Bull F1 cars are in GT5!!!! (This was MY THOUGHT just in case any of you mis-translate this) and then I looked closer and noticed the blacked out cockpit and headlamps as well as the lighting on the car and realized it was in fact a physical vehicle.

Red Bull should take a look again at their front suspension. It's not functional. They are either missing a steering tie-rod or they are missing an extra member to the upper control arm. Either way, I can't figure out how it steers/is structurally achievable. Guess you just wish it around corners.

That's exactly right, it has a helicopter turbine engine driving the rear wheel through a 2 speed transmission and does 0-200mph in 5.4 seconds which is 0.5 seconds faster than the X1,

Do you have the video or proof that it does it in 5.4 seconds? I think its just in theory...

Now that it's revealed that this fictional car's fictional engine is NOT a turbine, I wonder what the Batmobile jet exhaust on the back is for...

Now that it's revealed that this fictional car's fictional engine is NOT a turbine, I wonder what the Batmobile jet exhaust on the back is for...

It's for the fan that sucks air out from underneath the car. It produces 1000kg of downforce alone without the aero wings so must have a pretty powerful motor or engine if it isn't driven off the V6.

Its actually a V6 Twin-Turbo (derivated from a F1 car) and NOT a gas-turbine. That's why the sound of the car its like the sound of a F1 car, on that video clip.

And, there is a 2010 F1 car in GT5, the Ferrari F10.

Look at the car. No tie rods on the front. Also, the wheels have to rotate to turn, but there's barely any room for it.

If you are talking about the real one, its not supposed to as it is a non-functional mock-up. if you are reffering to the one in the game, You might want to look again:

red-bull-x1-prototype-28.jpg

Not sure if mentioned before, but in my recent EVO magazine, they interviewed Newey, and asked if he were to build a car with no restrictions, what would it be like, he replied:

"First, the cornering speeds would be to fast for a human to drive it, it would have adaptive aero, Chaparral fans for low speed performance, and attach the biggest engine possible to it."

I wonder how far back he started on this project?

Not sure if mentioned before, but in my recent EVO magazine, they interviewed Newey, and asked if he were to build a car with no restrictions, what would it be like, he replied:

"First, the cornering speeds would be to fast for a human to drive it, it would have adaptive aero, Chaparral fans for low speed performance, and attach the biggest engine possible to it."

He's probably had an idea of such a car for years now and when Kaz approached him he knew he could finally fulfill that dream. With all the downforce the car would have, there is no way anyone could handle the G-forces it would have for a prolonged amount of time.

The magazine article has already been mention in this thread and is the subject of the most recent post on the news page https://www.gtplanet.net/red-bull-x1-prototype-gets-real-set-to-debut-in-madrid/

Newey is quoted in the article as saying "My initial involvement was the specification and plans. Yamauchi did the first proposal and brought it to the UK. We went through various aspects, made a second evolution and there was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing from there. I remember very clearly that my first sketches were doing on a skiing holiday in February, though!".

The magazine article has already been mention in this thread and is the subject of the most recent post on the news page https://www.gtplanet.net/red-bull-x1-prototype-gets-real-set-to-debut-in-madrid/

Newey is quoted in the article as saying "My initial involvement was the specification and plans. Yamauchi did the first proposal and brought it to the UK. We went through various aspects, made a second evolution and there was a bit of to-ing and fro-ing from there. I remember very clearly that my first sketches were doing on a skiing holiday in February, though!".

Crap, missed that in the news section, sorry and thank you.

Where/how can you get this IN GAME?

You get it by winning the X1 challenge unlocked at Level 30. Once you at least get bronze in all of them, you can then buy the X1 at the Dealership under "Gran Turismo"

Back