(XBOX) Loading times get worse every year

• Thread starter Its No Use
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Sonic54978
And I thought Sonic '06 was the king of loading times. Forza 7 really takes the goddamn cake. I could literally go and make myself some coffee and the game would still be loading!

And I thought Sonic '06 was the king of loading times. Forza 7 really takes the goddamn cake. I could literally go and make myself some coffee and the game would still be loading!

If you happen to be playing through the xbox one the internal HDD, doesn't surprise me one bit. All the extra stuff the game needs to access; and the internal HDD on the Xbox one is 5400RPM running on a Sata 2 port. Using an external USB 3.0 desktop drive (one that requires mains power, not a portable one) at 7200RPM helps a little, as USB 3.0 data transfer speeds are better than those of sata 2. On the PC I have found the loading times to be fairly ok, but then I have it installed on a Seagate SSHD; so that may be why.

You never stated what you are playing on, so just posting up general info.

It's honestly no worse than GT5 or GT6, but for a much better, highly detailed game.

I prefer FH3 style 5 second load screens, but it is what it is.

Considering it's a 4k game coming out for a system 4 years old pushing it's limits, I think it's not too shabby.

At first I though it was the tracks that were taking a long time to load but it seems that maybe it is the AI that is taking so long to load.
I noticed that in free play with 23 AI cars it takes a long time to load even if all you do is change the AI difficulty setting after the track is already loaded. I also noticed that in a private lobby with just two players in it the tracks load very quickly even from a mechanical hdd.

At first I though it was the tracks that were taking a long time to load but it seems that maybe it is the AI that is taking so long to load.
I noticed that in free play with 23 AI cars it takes a long time to load even if all you do is change the AI difficulty setting after the track is already loaded. I also noticed that in a private lobby with just two players in it the tracks load very quickly even from a mechanical hdd.
Oddly, I have experienced a lack of a delay when changing drivatar difficulty, as opposed to other Forza games.

Oddly, I have experienced a lack of a delay when changing drivatar difficulty, as opposed to other Forza games.
In Freeplay I changed them from pro to unbeatable the delay was in the neighborhood of 1.5 - 2 minutes it seemed.
Changing tracks in privat elobbies with no AI the delay was maybe 5-10 seconds or maybe less. The first time it loaded before I even noticed it.

Back