Xbox Series X Won't Get Exclusive First-Party Titles for At Least a Year

This probably means that Forza Motorsport 8 won't use as much potential from the new console as it could. :guilty:

Granted most launch titles dont, but I wouldn't take this as meaning there won't be advantages to the new console. I'm guessing it will be like the regular One vs 1X where there are different modes.

I really wish Microsoft would differentiate their console with more exclusively developed titles (I believe they've bought up some studios recently with this in mind) this current generation Ive skipped the xbox for the first time because there wasnt enough unique titles to justify a purchase. The original xbox and 360 had tons of exclusives. Fingers crossed this new generation will be different, time will tell.

Microsoft is depending on veteran customers to continue buying their consoles, while also giving them no incentive. There's only so much brand loyalty a person can have. As a PlayStation fan, it's easy to stand back and laugh at it.

Oh, I got you now lol

Microsoft is depending on veteran customers to continue buying their consoles, while also giving them no incentive. There's only so much brand loyalty a person can have. As a PlayStation fan, it's easy to stand back and laugh at it.

Brand loyalty? That's the first mistake in my mind — I'm loyal to my wallet, and only my wallet in scenarios such as this. Microsoft is doing more than focusing on their console, and that's a good thing. Both before and for a while after their Games For Windows Live (ugh) service, they treated PC as that "other" platform that can also play games. Now? They're treating it as the other platform that they quite frankly have a stranglehold on.

If the rumours are true regarding the XS having a Windows mode & having access to the Steam & epic store, then a lot of PC games/racing sims which aren't available on consoles just became available.

I'm probably on the minority list here, I'm a Racing fan & will be buying the most powerful out of the 2 purely for future racing sims, both of the new console exclusives are not my cup of tea (forza or gran turismo) so that just leaves 3rd party sims.

Technically I should get a PC (been there before) but considering I have my setup in my front room I ain't having PC in the living room, so if the XS is the more powerful & can run PC sim racing title's via Windows/Steam then that's what I'm buying.

If the rumours are true regarding the XS having a Windows mode & having access to the Steam & epic store, then a lot of PC games/racing sims which aren't available on consoles just became available.

I'm probably on the minority list here, I'm a Racing fan & will be buying the most powerful out of the 2 purely for future racing sims, both of the new console exclusives are not my cup of tea (forza or gran turismo) so that just leaves 3rd party sims.

Technically I should get a PC (been there before) but considering I have my setup in my front room I ain't having PC in the living room, so if the XS is the more powerful & can run PC sim racing title's via Windows/Steam then that's what I'm buying.

Never heard of that rumor. If it turns out bogus, you should buy a PC asap. Nah, you should propably go and get one now. With an VR headset.

Back to topic... im very curious to see how that turns out. I never imagined Forza 8 as a cross gen title and there is no way Forza 8 wont be hold back by an 7 year old console in some way or the other. But we also have to see what Sony might do... GT Sport on PS5 would be pretty much cross gen, too. The car models from GTS are already "next gen ready", not so sure about Forza, though...

Never heard of that rumor. If it turns out bogus, you should buy a PC asap. Nah, you should propably go and get one now. With an VR headset.

Back to topic... im very curious to see how that turns out. I never imagined Forza 8 as a cross gen title and there is no way Forza 8 wont be hold back by an 7 year old console in some way or the other. But we also have to see what Sony might do... GT Sport on PS5 would be pretty much cross gen, too. The car models from GTS are already "next gen ready", not so sure about Forza, though...
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-series-x-support-steam-3969653

Even if this rumour doesn't happen, then I'll still buy the most powerful one because any 3rd party sim titles will hopefully run better.

Not going through the PC again, yes I know they're better (at a cost) but also a pain in the ass, haven't got enough time as it is just to have a quick race let alone messing around with drivers & compatibility issues.

Last edited:
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-series-x-support-steam-3969653

Even if this rumour doesn't happen, then I'll still buy the most powerful one because any 3rd party sim titles will hopefully run better.

Not going through the PC again, yes I know they're better (at a cost) but also a pain in the ass, haven't got enough time as it is just to have a quick race let alone messing around with drivers & compatibility issues.

I feel you. Couldnt care less about PCs for many years, but one year ago, i got a new one just for the sims. Hooked it up on my TV. Works very well. Almost no issues at all while my Xbox One X died after three months...

This is great news.

For Sony.

Is it though? Consoles really aren't money makers for a company, but games certainly can be. It makes sense to publish the games on both the One and the SX considering many people probably won't make the jump to the new console at first. Also releasing it on PC opens the door to even more potential customers. It seems like a pretty smart way to go for MS in a market that will probably be much different this time around than it is with the current version.

Im pretty sure the next gen wont be decided over hardware or best exclusives. The deciding factor will be the best subscription service. The xbox game pass already offers incredible value and i think Sony needs to come up with something like this in the next year or two. They might follow a more traditional strategy with their PS5 that will appeal to core gamers, but the mass market could be shifting towards the netflix model Microsoft is establishing right now.

Foes this mean Forza Motorsports 8 will have more development time? If so, that is actually great news. FM8 has to be the strongest comeback of the franchise. As much as I understand some people loved FM7, I feel (in my personal experience) that it was the worst Forza Motorsports to date for various reasons. In the meantime, I hope they keep expanding on FH4. They are doing a fantastic job so far.

I can see some aspects of this move being pro-consumer. As an Xbox One X owner, I'm glad I won't be missing out on the latest Microsoft-exclusive releases (which potentially means I can play FM8 when it comes out). It also means Xbox One sales won't plummet as much as they could have as buyers will get more support from the latest games than they expected.

With that said, if I am to buy a next-gen console near launch, I'd be heavily leaning towards the PS5 as first-party titles are more likely to make better use of the performance gains.

Is it though? Consoles really aren't money makers for a company, but games certainly can be. It makes sense to publish the games on both the One and the SX considering many people probably won't make the jump to the new console at first. Also releasing it on PC opens the door to even more potential customers. It seems like a pretty smart way to go for MS in a market that will probably be much different this time around than it is with the current version.

It is if it means that Sony gets a substantial head start on next gen due to people buying a PS5 for exclusives there. Larger install base = more games. So if Sony can leverage some first year exclusives into PS5 sales, more developers will look kindly on the PlayStation ecosystem while MS lags behind.

Foes this mean Forza Motorsports 8 will have more development time?

Either that or you will be able to play it on your 7 year old xbox one. Not sure how much different it will feel then compared to the last three games...

It is if it means that Sony gets a substantial head start on next gen due to people buying a PS5 for exclusives there. Larger install base = more games. So if Sony can leverage some first year exclusives into PS5 sales, more developers will look kindly on the PlayStation ecosystem while MS lags behind.

True, Sony gets a head start on selling consoles. However, the potential install base for MS will always be higher due to the vast majority of PC's running Windows. And I'm guessing there will be very few PS5 exclusives since even Sony is presumably looking to bring its games to the PC in the near future with the most notable being MLB The Show.

r/whoosh

Could you possibly expand on that instead of directing me to a subreddit?
I'm going to guess that what he's doing is acknowledging his own misunderstanding, rather than projecting it at you.

Back