You Have to try Motion Control Steering

After using both steering control methods, what will you permanently use in GT Sport?

• Total voters
Hi guys, just tried motion control for the first time in my life and I hope to get the hang of it sooner or later. Can somebody guide me to were I can adjust the sensetivity of the motion control?

Thanks in advance.

Going to give this a try later. So far I am really enjoying my set up on the controller. I am all about improving my lap times so we'll see how this motion steering plays out.

Hi guys, just tried motion control for the first time in my life and I hope to get the hang of it sooner or later. Can somebody guide me to were I can adjust the sensetivity of the motion control?

Thanks in advance.

In the pause menu you can adjust the sensitivity. I find having it maxed out is a good feel.

Is there a way to reduce the steering angle? On the HUD (speedometer road view) you see the red dot indicating how far you are steering. Well to get max to the left or right side I need to turn my controller 90 degrees. But I would like to reduce that to about 45 degrees while still giving max steering input to the game so that for this 45 degrees the red dot is still completely to the left or right.

Is that possible to set up that way with motion control?

I tested out the motion steering yesterday for a few hours and must say I am impressed!! This is my new way to play. It definitely takes some time to get used to the sensitivity but once you get the hang if it, it feels like a natural way to play. To me, the motion steering feels more precise and accurate compared to the analog. I have the sensitivity on 7 and that seems to be the sweet spot for me. My lap times even improved so thats a good thing.

Is motion steering affected by today’s patch?

From what I can tell, definitely yes.

I just took the GT3 RS for a few laps around Dragon Tail. Even at default traction control level it's an extremely tail happy car (much more so than in Assetto Corsa - where it's my favourite car - and Project Cars 2), but I haven't had a slide yet that I couldn't catch or balance better than practically any slide in any racing game from the last several years - hell, it made DriveClub look difficult. Still worked perfectly with traction control at 0.

I have increased my steering sensitivity to 7 (I was at 4 before) and I think I like it better at this max setting. But I also tried with sensitivity at 0 and it still worked great.

From what I can tell, definitely yes.

I just took the GT3 RS for a few laps around Dragon Tail. Even at default traction control level it's an extremely tail happy car (much more so than in Assetto Corsa - where it's my favourite car - and Project Cars 2), but I haven't had a slide yet that I couldn't catch or balance better than practically any slide in any racing game from the last several years - hell, it made DriveClub look difficult. Still worked perfectly with traction control at 0.

I have increased my steering sensitivity to 7 (I was at 4 before) and I think I like it better at this max setting. But I also tried with sensitivity at 0 and it still worked great.

Is the default 4? I haven't touched sensitivity since moving to MC, but I want to start increasing it.

Default is 0 for sure, I've been using it like that. But thanks, I'll fiddle with it and give some different settings a try.

Haven't checked after the update but I was at default settings. Also can say that drifting works well with MC as well. Be aware though that I am craptastic at it :lol:

I just tried this feature last night, and I was shocked at how well-implemented this is. Minute hand movements barely register which makes for surprisingly smooth steering. But jerk the controller 90 degrees in a split second and the steering will respond without any problem. At first it was a bit twitchy; I thought it was because of my steering sensitivity (which was set to 7). So I dialed it back all the way to -2 and it felt very smooth.

... For some reason, PD defaults the wheel to 270 every time you start driving (even from a pause)...

What else to say...classic Polyphony :D

I got gold on all 48 driving school missions with motion control. :)

I did swap back from years of manual gearing to automatic gearing though. For some reason I feel it works better with motion control in this game, or maybe I’m getting old and lazy. :)

Also love how you can do some parts just with one hand. If you have some snack or something nearby that works great with motion control. :)

So after reading this thread I tried motion control.
Agree it works and for me better then the stick.

However:
1) I regularly at the first try forget I'm on motion control, push the stick and crash => issue that will disappear, I hope
2) For me the controller has to be in a horizontal position, if I change position too much (e.g. letting my arms rest) it becomes difficult to estimate what the effect of my steering movement will be.

I admit it is implemented well, but in order for it to replace the sticks, I would need some kind of mount with springs to center it (offer resistance).

Thanks to this thread I tried MC and behold - I am enjoying GTS!
Never had the finger finesse to use the DS4 joysticks and alternative button steering I used always seems too slow and less than "fluid".

How about a mounted wheel and pedal set that uses MC for a low cost wireless setup?

How about a mounted wheel and pedal set that uses MC for a low cost wireless setup?

If you want to make money in life, do not give your business ideas away.
A wheel with the controller in front on a stick stabelised by the chair used, should be easy.
Pedals that go mechanically to the controller buttons? Probably better to see if that can be supported through the USB input?
However levers behind the steering wheel, pushing controller buttons seems doable. Then connecting these levers to pedals, with resistance springs, yeh, If I had the time seems an interesting DIY, very space efficient solution.

P.S. would still miss Force Feedback and a wheel without force feedback will not be a lot more expensive then the set-up above?

If you want to make money in life, do not give your business ideas away. :cheers:

Good advice - but to you Vince, or anyone else reading this thread - "Go for it!"

My old Microsoft Wireless Wheel for the Xbox 360 had FF, of course it was nothing like the FF I get with my T300, but better than a limp wheel...
Many fun hours of Forza 2, 3 & 4 with that setup. As I recall it was wireless to the 360, but required AC power for the FF and rumble to work.

After trying GTS with motion controls it works well. In contrast it did not work as well in Driveclub, perhaps due to the arcade nature of the physics.

Motion control is awesome!

Next thing to try now is to get rid of auto, what does everyone here have gears mapped as?

I started using motion control after reading about them here, when I was up to 7th row of missions, didn't think much to start with, but after doing a few sports mode races as well am now scared to go back! Then discovered using it vertically like a wheel is better on my wrists too!
Have already finished school/ missions with sticks, going back through getting silver/ gold much easier with mc

Are there any more aids to turn off other than braking/ steering? I have kept the visual apex markers for now, but once i know the tracks a bit better i will turn them off. I set TCS to 2 sometimes but learning the tracks is still getting me better results than playing with TCS.

I am loving that I just need to spend time on the game and seeing rewarded lap times for it, after the 2 kids are in bed is the only time i manage to turn the PS on, I bought it just for this game! (though had to get a few others oc). atm my diligence in the last lap is costing me dearly, getting punted off track by rockets i should have seen coming!

Back