You Have to try Motion Control Steering

After using both steering control methods, what will you permanently use in GT Sport?

• Total voters
It works okay but it's by no means comfortable holding your controller like a wheel for a long period of time.. Anyone who can beat someone good with the sticks with motion steering ill pay them $100.. AKA not happening.

I played 6 hours with motion control yesterday. Yes I can't lay down lazy on my side in the sofa, I need to sit up more straight to hold the controller vertically. But racing goes a lot better IMO, much more precise steering. At some point my right wrist seemed to get a bit tired but that might just have been due to my seating position.

You don't have to hold it like a wheel. Hold it like you would playing any other video game and lift up the sides to turn.

This should be mentioned more in reviews...

I'm super impressed with motion steering, its vastly preferable to the thumb stick for me. I have the sensitivity cranked up to 7, and just sit with the controller flat in my lap like normal, lifting/dropping the sides to turn. Much smoother for racing clean online, especially while we wait for a patch on the counter steering sensitivity.

Makes a very good alternative while I sell my G920 and swap a G29 in :)

Being able to use the motion function of the DualShock 4 for steering is awesome I have to say.

Benefits are that it enables you to have more finesse with your steering and you always have full access to the whole range of steering motion regardless of your speed while driving, countersteering is arguably a lot easier and instant too! It just feels a lot more ‘direct’, hard to explain.

Lastly, it frees up your left analog stick for any extra button assignments you may want to map to that.

Feels weird for a while but all I’m saying is that it’s worth giving a try for a few hours until you start to get a feel for it. Personally I’m loving it.

I tried this and was actually amazed. Any other game I have ever attempted to use this function made me want to throw the ds4. This feels nice, and my wife finds it thoroughly entertaining watching me lean whilst I brake and turn.

At first I tried the motion control with the controller facing upright towards me and turn like I would with a real steering wheel. And it sucked. Went back to using sticks. Silly me.
Then, I tried the lifting the sides to turn method. And holy crap, it is great! Never went back to sticks ever since. My laptimes are steadily improving. Can't imagine how great it would be with a proper racing wheel though :bowdown:

Sorry if it was asked but does vibration works with motion control?
Would move controlers work then too?
Yep, vibration works.

This always sounds so inviting but every time I try motion control with the DS controller it just never feels right. I guess I need some sort of tactile feedback when playing a game. Lifting the controller seems so weird to me lol I'll have to give it a try tonight.

its not using camera for that no ? i mean DS4 works with camera for motion controls too as i understand . but this control method works just from DS4 gyroscope is that correct ? so you no need camera .

its not using camera for that no ? i mean DS4 works with camera for motion controls too as i understand . but this control method works just from DS4 gyroscope is that correct ? so you no need camera .
Nope , just change it to motion control and away you go .

Some 20 years ago, I played GT on my PS1 with a NeGcon-controller. Thus my wrists are used to a lot of twisting when playing racing games (GT, Wipeout 2097, Ridge Racer, V-Rally). However, the amount of motion required to steer with motion control is too much for my wrists. Even at a sensitivity of 7.

I remember i turned and lifted controller even with first GT games. Haha its just reflexes i guess.
Other reflexes were to throw it into wall because reasons.

I can definitely speak for how awesome the tilt control is. I'm not as fast as I am with sticks, but man, does it feel amazing in conjunction with PSVR in VR tour. It's pretty close to 1:1 with the driver movements in VR, and actually takes a lot of the motion sickness edge off. Not that there's a lot of it, but it does sort of creep up on you in most VR situations.

Wow, I just tried this with my sensitivity on 5 I think and it was really intuitive. I could get used to it, especially if I mainly played on pad. Might try it on 7 just to see if its any better.

Jesus cristo i never knew that!

How the hell havent they advertised this?

Wheres my copy of the game? I need to test this!!!

just tryed now. didint liked it still. i get it in what position is more sensitive to steer and such. still im no comfortable to press triggers , changing gears with buttons and steer with lifting controller. and when car started to loose traction i didint knew what to do with it. with controller i know everything. so no i wont be playing it with motion. not for me. when i play i like to hold my hands down mostly and they rest same time. and i know what to do with analogs . but with motion hmmm its just feels like u driving air.

It is in French but should be understandable ;)

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171023114644.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171023114656.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171023114704.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171023114712.png

Tried yesterday, it felt like sometimes it's not working as it should, maybe I was turning at a wrong angle. Definitely very tiring in my opinion. You guys can do 50 quick laps like that?

Tried yesterday, it felt like sometimes it's not working as it should, maybe I was turning at a wrong angle. Definitely very tiring in my opinion. You guys can do 50 quick laps like that?

Yes, I have no problem racing with MC for multiple hours. I hold it like I normally play games and only tilt to left or right for steering. You don't need a lot of angle or hold it like a wheel.

I have no issues with that. Make sure you're not squeezing anything; I have that issue with a lot of stuff, and taking a gentler approach should help.

Yes, I have no problem racing with MC for multiple hours. I hold it like I normally play games and only tilt to left or right for steering. You don't need a lot of angle or hold it like a wheel.

This too.

Yes I am fully converted. Lifetime button masher and stick destroyer...never thought it would work so well. Turn the sensitivity up to 7 and we are talking serious responsiveness.

I am still unsure about the "lift" method, however I think a steering wheel turning action works great with the controller. I just hold the controller close to me like a F1 driver does with the wheel.

I haven't changed my acceleration button yet though. The right stick "up action" just confuses me. I wind up moving the controller waay above my head whenever a hard right comes up on the screen lol. So sticking with R2/L2 for my shifting. More like paddle shifting imo.

Back