You Know You Post On GTP Too Much When...

  • Thread starter Thread starter W3H5
  • 226 comments
  • 12,911 views
XS
When you're stuck in rush hour traffic and the car behind you blips the horn because traffic has started moving again but you were busy on GTP, not texting.
Still a distraction. If you did that here you would get 3 points on your licence. 12 points and you lose your licence.
Also you have to declare your points on insurance applications so your insurance would go up as well.
 
Would it be proper to give an infraction for people breaking the law but not getting caught?

You know you post too much on GTP when you admit you break the law to post on GTP. You scofflaw you.
 
TB
@XS - Distracted on a phone is distracted on a phone, texting or not.

Don't do it, kids.

Strongly agree. That kind of multitasking involves tasking suicide at the same time. If not automotive carnage.

__________________

Hmmm. What the heck am I doing at GTP instead of getting to work on those air condioners that need servicing? Not cool of me.
 
You get called out by your buddies that you make too many status updates.
 
TB
@XS - Distracted on a phone is distracted on a phone, texting or not.

Don't do it, kids.
Strongly agree. That kind of multitasking involves tasking suicide at the same time. If not automotive carnage.

__________________

Hmmm. What the heck am I doing at GTP instead of getting to work on those air condioners that need servicing? Not cool of me.
Which is why I put the "stuck in traffic part". I never have or ever will literally drive while on the phone. The reference was to a day this past week when we were stuck in the same spot in traffic for over an hour because of an accident.
 
At which point you were distracted and didn't notice cars around you moving...
 
TB
At which point you were distracted and didn't notice cars around you moving...
Actually the car in front me scooted maybe a foot forward and the guy behind me had a cow about it, like one more foot would have mattered lol. I get your point, but trust me, I don't use my phone and drive, we sat for another 20 minutes after I started my car and moved a foot forward. My point was that I'm addicted to GTP too much if I use things like traffic jams to fart around on it.

Edit, which reminds me, I was on GTP while in line at the DMV the other week.
 
XS
I get your point, but trust me, I don't use my phone and drive
Fair enough. 👍
 
When your brain automatically censors speeds over the limit into "unmentionable-on-GTP speeds"
 
XS
Which is why I put the "stuck in traffic part". I never have or ever will literally drive while on the phone. The reference was to a day this past week when we were stuck in the same spot in traffic for over an hour because of an accident.

Was generally agreeing with the part about texting and driving, XS - no offence or moral judgements. ;) 👍

Actually seated in a car using a phone, of course, can be done in many other circumstances. You may have crashed, helpless, stuck in a gully and have no recourse but to call 911. Which is then good form using a phone.
Obviously, you can then cruise GTP after that while waiting for an ambulance.
We need to know your whereabouts at all times. :)
 
When you're walking along and you start making engine sounds.
 
Obviously, you can then cruise GTP after that while waiting for an ambulance.
Careful now, that may have already happened to someone :gtpflag:.
 
When...you imagine how every member looks and behaves IRL and pretend to be fiends with them IRL.
 
When...you imagine how every member looks and behaves IRL and pretend to be fiends with them IRL.
What do I look and act like then?
 
TB
A crazy, rabid squirrel and a crazy, rabid squirrel. :p
You're about as inaccurate as the Sauber C9 in GT6. I can be anything :sly:
 
When you stare at the forum list for like 10 minutes without knowing what to do, because you don't have any alerts and you pretty much use the computer only for GTP, Wikipedia and Facebook, in that order
 
That should go in the "You Know You Play GT6 Too Much When..." Thread.

There's a few posts in here that could have gone in that thread; there may be some members here that never play video games.

When...you imagine how every member looks and behaves IRL and pretend to be fiends with them IRL.

'fiends'? :scared:
 
...when you have at least one GTP Award title to show for your efforts.

I has several. :sly:
 
Haven't we all, love! :D

...when you type a 'g' into your browser window and it doesn't come up with google as the first suggestion.
 
Back