You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

• Thread starter Doggie
  • 2,721 comments
You play GT4 too much when...

You have a cross country, and it's raining so you put chewing gum on you shoes, 5 in the front for TCS, 2 on the sides for ASM.

When you run in the rain, saying " I wish put aids on ".

Hehe, I can. Someone will reply to this thread... [DV]Eventually!!!![/Dramatic Voice]

Ya know you've played too much GT is when your room is themed. A white, red and blue computer Desk. A Toyota 88C-V(sp?) themed bed. A massive projection screen to play GT4 on, a Logitech G29 (when If it comes out). A fridge in the room (that's white, obviously). Hmm, what else. Oh yeah, all of this, and you still suck playing it :lol:.

Ya think I went OTT?

When you see a vanity licence plate "NUBGNING" on a car and you initially think it must be something to do with the Nürburgring.

Guilty, of course.

When you see a vanity licence plate "NUBGNING" on a car and you initially think it must be something to do with the Nürburgring.

Guilty, of course.
Who in this forum wouldn't. I first thought of Nürburgring when I saw Nubgning...

When you go on a long road trip, and your packing priorities consist of;

- Powerful 600w inverter
- Laptop
- USB TV Encoder
- Playstation 2
- GT4

Allowing you (as a passenger of course) to keep your GT addiction at bay on a gruelling 6 hour drive.. that in the end seem to have gone by too fast!!!

:D

When you have actually done all the 24hr enduros in A-Spec one after the other.

Once I played gt4 too much and created a party game:

Bullrun

One player Vs three to five players in seattle or on some other short track.

One player chooses a Dodge Ram as the other players choose any old subcompact cars. The player in the Ram goes the opposite way of the other players. The goal of the Truck player is to take out all other players by ramming into them. One hit from the truck means you're out.

The number of laps is dependent on how many players are on the other side. If 5 players are on the other side, there are 10 laps, 4 players = 8 laps so on so forth.

You mean this?

I also have another. When you make a thread on GTP about naming the corners at tracks.

When you slow down to a crawl, just using 1st gear in the last 5 minutes of the 24 Hour Enduro of Le Mans, just like they do in real life...

And as you come through the last corner on the last lap with at least one lap up your sleeve you weave your car side to side in celebration and/or:

Aim your car at your imaginary pit crew hanging over the wall cheering you home and cruise past that point on the wall and then drive over the finish line on the racing line :) (and if you actually could- you'd flash your lights at your team or the guy with the chequered flag like you see at Le Mans, Spa or the Ring in real life).

And if its a close race that you didnt expect to win you actually punch your fist in the air as you fly across the line

so glad I usually play GT4 by myself

And as you come through the last corner on the last lap with at least one lap up your sleeve you weave your car side to side in celebration and/or:

Aim your car at your imaginary pit crew hanging over the wall cheering you home and cruise past that point on the wall and then drive over the finish line on the racing line :) (and if you actually could- you'd flash your lights at your team or the guy with the chequered flag like you see at Le Mans, Spa or the Ring in real life).

And if its a close race that you didnt expect to win you actually punch your fist in the air as you fly across the line

so glad I usually play GT4 by myself

:)

I normally weave as i approach the start/finish line. Sometimes, I do a 360 spin as i cross the finish line :)

When you can hear the difference between N1 and N3 tires.

When you act like a tour guide with a speaker spell mic and teach your GF the 'Ring. "Approaching Adenauer-Forst, and to your right..."

When your friends dont want to 2P Battle you because you INSIST on N tires, no aids and manual trans.

When you mod the SSSS out of your 81 Quattro to make it more like the ONLY Group B model they left out. :mad:

You do the Grand Canyon Rally over and over for 45 mins pretending its a Point to Point, with imaginary co-driver pacenotes running in your head.

When you get SUPER PISSED cuz everytime you want to do a decent race in say an RX7 with appropriate opponents, you get paired with Lupos and ****. Ugh.

When you start Time Trial comparisons of every single NSX + MitsuEvo + Skyline + RX7 + Z models.

[UK] ANDYW;3853900
When you go on a long road trip, and your packing priorities consist of;

- Powerful 600w inverter
- Laptop
- USB TV Encoder
- Playstation 2
- GT4

Allowing you (as a passenger of course) to keep your GT addiction at bay on a gruelling 6 hour drive.. that in the end seem to have gone by too fast!!!

:D

Allowing you to be able to complete the Suzuka 1000 :)

..... you rev the life out of your 'real car' at the lights just before they go green.

..... you have started to develop DS2 hands. (hands that when you are resting, automatically assume the position as if you were holding a DS2).

You think your driveway is the Corkscrew.

...when you have a coffee break at work and you still haven't figured out where the ****ing ghymcana course had gone.

When you have nightmares of a Kias replacing your best rides in Gran Turismo.

No, no, not my Minolta, noooooo I don't want a Rio, my Minolta!

We all are guilty of this, I purposely get the crappy shopping carts with no tires because they slide the easiest in the grocery store. :dopey: You should see the looks on peoples faces when I four-wheel drift right by them through the aisles. :crazy:
When I go shopping, I should make sure I'm pushing the cart, so I can try "shopdrifting".

When you try to drift your Go-Ped through corners.

When you attempt to draft a person while running track at school.

When you fail a class at school because you were playing gt4 instead of studing.

When you argue with people about cars, and your source of information is GT4.
I could've played GT4 at school once (at least in my dreams) as a PS2 was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You build something like this:

PICT1054.jpg

PICT1041.jpg

PICT1027.jpg

(My Room :D )

you actually think your real car would be more controllable if it had a DS2 instead of steering wheel, pedals, etc.
That's funny. I don't have a car but feel that I may be comfortable driving a car with a Dualshock2 controller.

when you answer 'yes mum' or 'yes dear' when the game wont let you buy a part, or wont let you enter a certain race...

Stretching this further...
You treat your PS2/GT4/Racing Cockpit as your mom.

Forgot who said it, but is oh so true

Am I the only one to have a shopping cart race at 2am in a 24hour walmart?

Streching shopping cart tuning, i think you could but a couple big bags of cat litter in the rear for a wheelie (Just like the GT-One)

When you name your first born daughter "Minolta" and your first son "Pescarolo"
:scared:

Ha ha. I think the latter might actually work for a boy,and it does sound like Pablo enough. But I'm not recommending to name a kid after a car.

When PS2 internals wear down far quicker than your friends' because you leave it on all the time for 24-hour enduros.

Or the PS2 burns out cause it overheats if you have a slim.

D.E
When the doctor tells you that you have AIDS, and you simply reply "Well, just turn them off then.". :scared:

Not particularly funny...

Last edited by a moderator:
Iluvgt4, please don't double post.. yet "hexa-post". There's a thing called as an an edit button. Also PLEASE don't troll spam the website.

If i had a car i might put on a sticker saying, "I like the Minolta better"

...and if one of the millions of people who've never played GT4 or heard of a Minolta sponsored Toyota 88C-V happened to see you they'd think:

"That guy knows nothing about cameras, he should've bought a Canon or a Nikon!"

or

"What kind of person likes their fax-machine or photocopier more than their car?"

:rolleyes:

Back