You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

• Thread starter Doggie
  • 2,721 comments
when you come back to this thread after a period of inactivity and see that no one has posted here for 3 months and shocked to see it on the 3rd page.

When you go to school, and you're running the Nordschliefe in your head, and when your teacher asks for the answer you blurt out "MISSION 34!"

Don't worry, it never happened to me.

...when you're still playing it, 2089 days (67 months, or 5 1/2 years) later.

If GT5 lasts that long, I'll still be playing it on April 1st, 2016.

....When you are restarting the game and GT5 is 11 days away! :sly:
I started a new save a while ago, but after all the missions and licenses, I'm basically starting the career now. I'm currently finishing the FF cup.

Just realized I have to do the endurance races. Something tells me I'm not finishing before GT5. Oh well. Better get to work! :)

Actually did that last one. When you've done all the enduraces races on your own. Without b-spec. In a week.

...When you go :D when you see this thread revived and still have the most posts in it. Sadly, I can't relate anymore because it's been months if not years since the last time I've played GT4 :guilty:.

When everybody will buy GT5 and I'll buy the 50th car for my garage.

When I fantasize of undulating, winding stages in dead times of my day, bus, urinating, before sleep, doing math etc.

When I spent more time in GT4's subforum than GT5's.

When I know the entire layout of the 'Ring, manage only clean laps, know all the braking points, severe bumps and crests, and approximate the overall time as well as section times for different classes of cars. :scared:

No offense but I envy people who are rich and spend it in extravagant ways. Insanely huge TV's or extra PS2 equipment aside from standard controllers. Sure some can say "that's why you get a job =P", but they must realize that some people live in conditions where there's absolutely no openings or chance to relocate. It took me 4 years to save the money for my PS2, which resulted in me buying it a few months before PS3 came out. I think those who have a lot of money should instead save it & just buy what they need. There's nothing wrong with an HD TV, it's just I think its safe to say many people here have one that are quite over sized.

I don't mean this post to be offensive in anyway. It's just more less a reminder to be grateful for what you've got, and not brag about it.

No offense but I envy people who are rich and spend it in extravagant ways.

I don't mean this post to be offensive in anyway. It's just more less a reminder to be grateful for what you've got, and not brag about it.

You're not the only one mate... Most of my friends already playing GT4 with a wheel, very big LCD TV, great Home Theatre System and comfortable seat.

I am greatful and thanks a lot to God that this is what I could afford now. At least we had a chance to play and enjoy GT4 eventhough still not to its max. About their money, that's their problem. If they have money then it's their problem to spend on whatever they want. So for us that wanted something about the same, we can put a bit of an effort and collect some money to get those stuff. I agree with you, don't brag about it. Wish for it first, with an effort you'll have it someday ;)

Agree with the two posts above, but they really shouldn't be here. They should be the start of a new thread in the rumble strip.

On Topic;

When you have driven every car in the game, and instead of buying into PS3 and GT5 you set out to drive them all again.

Guilty, and guilty again!

You're not the only one mate... Most of my friends already playing GT4 with a wheel, very big LCD TV, great Home Theatre System and comfortable seat.

I am greatful and thanks a lot to God that this is what I could afford now. At least we had a chance to play and enjoy GT4 eventhough still not to its max. About their money, that's their problem. If they have money then it's their problem to spend on whatever they want. So for us that wanted something about the same, we can put a bit of an effort and collect some money to get those stuff. I agree with you, don't brag about it. Wish for it first, with an effort you'll have it someday ;)

Agree with the two posts above, but they really shouldn't be here. They should be the start of a new thread in the rumble strip.

On Topic;

When you have driven every car in the game, and instead of buying into PS3 and GT5 you set out to drive them all again.

Guilty, and guilty again!

I'm glad to see some people agree with me. All too often do I sometimes get negative responses that contain no logical reasoning. It really gives you a nice feeling when you're not alone.

...When your live-in girlfriend of 4 years leaves because you forget how to communicate with out pressing buttons, become seriously underweight from not eating because 'it's cheating' to pause an endurance race and then become hopelessly depressed all you can do is laps of the 'burg hour after hour for meditation, taking your mind away from previously mentioned problems....
Sad but true.:crazy::)

(and fighting with friends because you've driven more miles this year then they have even when you don't own a car and they are a travelling salesman!)

Last edited:
fbccars924 - 3 consoles? 👍
Me too man, did the lasers wear out and the fans stop turning?:ouch:
I'm hoping the PS3 has a bit more longevity!

fbccars924 - 3 consoles? 👍
Me too man, did the lasers wear out and the fans stop turning?:ouch:
I'm hoping the PS3 has a bit more longevity!

First one was a first gen slim ant the solder on the power input melted off
second was another slim that the fan gave out on me and almost destroyed my disc.
Third one is a fat boy and it treats me ok, and corection Im only 4000+ days in not 6000

...When you are willing to race an endurance race with a DFP:scared:
...When you don't take a bathroom break, even in B-Spec:crazy:
...When you have gone through over 20 controllers over 13 years, smashing them because you lose by under a tenth of a second

Heh, I can't imagine not racing an enduro with a DFP.

True that. I think the DFP makes it easier (assuming you are used to one) because it's easier to hold your right foot down for X # of hours than your thumb. And plus controller buttons' springs can wear out over time and need more pressure than normal (been there, done that).

Back