You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
1983 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-ES Paul Newman

3B28352D-62E0-4682-946A-EE3D8CE3A11A.jpeg

1983 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-ES Paul Newman

View attachment 840040

WHAT are the Odds, on my way back home from work TODAY I saw this>>>>

IMG_20190801_174622~2.jpg

The owner was having a big smile as I was trying to hurry up and get a photo of his car before the green light....

I surely gave him a chuckle....

I couldn't tell what car it was, I totally forgot that this car even existed, but thanks to your post now I know .. although here, we had it as Infiniti...

WHAT are the Odds, on my way back home from work TODAY I saw this>>>>

View attachment 840048

The owner was having a big smile as I was trying to hurry up and get a photo of his car before the green light....

I surely gave him a chuckle....

I couldn't tell what car it was, I totally forgot that this car even existed, but thanks to your post now I know .. although here, we had it as Infiniti...
Now I may be mistaken, as I'm far from an expert, but I suspect the F31 Leopard/M30 has much more in common with a Z31 300ZX than even an R31 Skyline...let alone the R30 at the top of the page.

Now I may be mistaken, as I'm far from an expert, but I suspect the F31 Leopard/M30 has much more in common with a Z31 300ZX than even an R31 Skyline...let alone the R30 at the top of the page.

I won't argue with you as I am even less knowledgeable than you on this subject.... Awaiting for an expert to come and confirm...

Ligier JS4

Ligier-JS4.jpg

Coming from the production car branch of Equipe Ligier (from F1 fame), this little oddity is from a family of cars called VSPs (Voiture Sans Permis): lightweight vehicles that anyone in France aged 14 or over can take out on the road with as little as four hours experience behind the wheel... sometimes not even that.

After abandoning production of their JS2 sports car, from 1978 Ligier briefly sub-manufactured tractor cabins for Renault Industrial Vehicles, which is where the JS4 would find its origins: it's basically a tractor cabin on wheels. Combined with a steel monocoque, independent suspension, drum brakes, and a 49cc Motobecane single cylinder engine mounted below the luggage compartment (producing a mind-boggling 3.2bhp! :lol:), and you get what you see above.

It didn't do too badly in terms of sales for a VSP: 6,941 in its first full year of production (1981). The F1 team even used one at race weekends painted in the team colours as a pit vehicle. By the end of the year derivatives of the mobile cabin were made available: Standard, Luxe, and Grand Luxe. However the steel body, while strong, was heavy and led to drive axles failing, and exposed a weak transmission. The steel body also rusted, something that didn't bother the mostly plastic-bodied competition.

In 1982, a more powerful version called the JS8 hit the market with a 125cc Derbi engine, then in 1984 the JS6 replaced the original, which had a more rounded front, with a faux grille in black plastic. By 1985, the VSP would come available with a variety of engines from Derbi, and even a 327cc diesel from Lombardi. There was also a longer truck version, called the 330 U.

VW/Po

I have never seen or heard of this particular Ferrari till the Ferrari Days at the Nürburgring 2 weeks ago. it looks really sleek in reallife. Also it was completely different looking compared to all the other Ferraris which were there. (like it isn't even a Ferrari)
A front engined 2+2 Seater.

Ferrari 365 GTC/4

Ferrari-365-GTC4.jpg
A Porsche Tempo Mikafa Sport camper van from 1955.

Porschecamper.jpg

Porschecamper4.jpg

Porschecamper6.jpg

Porschecamper2.jpg
My wife would love this van.

That's actually a Maserati Merak, designed by Giugiaro.

;)

This is the 100S Mittelmotor* Coupé Speciale by Frua (who designed the 914/6 above the Maserati):

1974_Frua_Audi_100S_Mittelmotor_Coupe_01.jpg

Frua also did a fantastic Citroën SM:

Citroen-SM-Frua-Coupe-95091.jpg

*Edit: "Mittelmotor" refers to the engine being located in the middle. The standard 100S Coupe was front engine, front wheel drive, with the engine pointed front to rear ahead of the gearbox. The Mittelmotor Coupe utilizes the same power unit which has been pulled straight back in the same orientation to drive the rear wheels.

Last edited:
That's actually a Maserati Merak, designed by Giugiaro.

;)

This is the 100S Mittelmotor* Coupé Speciale by Frua (who designed the 914/6 above the Maserati):

1974_Frua_Audi_100S_Mittelmotor_Coupe_01.jpg

Frua also did a fantastic Citroën SM:

Citroen-SM-Frua-Coupe-95091.jpg

*Edit: "Mittelmotor" refers to the engine being located in the middle. The standard 100S Coupe was front engine, front wheel drive, with the engine pointed front to rear ahead of the gearbox. The Mittelmotor Coupe utilizes the same power unit which has been pulled straight back in the same orientation to drive the rear wheels.
Google says it is an Audi 100S coupe speciale. So I post what google says because google is always right.

Yesterday when googled Audi 100S Coupe Speciale again I found this.

iu

Oh, BTW I'm Belgian and we are multilingual. I know what a Mittelmotor means. :D

Next one. Dodge Challenger Speciale 1970

iu

iu

Last edited:
Back