You need a car and you haven't money??? GT5 will give you a present for your birthday

• Thread starter j0nny0093
  • 844 comments
I got the ferrari and tryied gifting it to myself it says it was sent but i never got it :( My friend says he got a lamborghini prototype race car from 67 and it doesnt work for him either. can someone gift and say if it works?

And also, use this trick if u get a car that sucks, just delete the save for the new PSN user account and go in the game and see what car u get, i have been doing this over 10 times and it works every time.

I just tryd it got 4 cars on my main account now
* SO IT WORKS =)

The gifting error has nothing to do with it being (or not being) a Birthday Car.

If you get the "Upload Failed" error after gifting ANY car you should (according to those who've done it) turn your PS3 off immediately. Don't click "Okay", "Continue", don't pass GO etc. etc...

I was born in 1994, which means I could get a Skyline GT-R R32! :D

I'm going to assume you need a connection with the servers for it to work. I tried it, but I never was able to get to work, because I was never able to establish a connection with the servers.

I have 2 Lamborghini Miura Prototypes and 2 Ford Mark IVs. Does anyone want to trade anything? I'm really wanting the Ferrari 330 P4, but I think it's going to be hard to come by.

I got the 330 on the first try. I thought I'd be here all night, but I got lucky. 👍

Well, now I'm having a problem giving it away.
I got the car under my new account, my new account is friends with my normal account, I go to the garage under the new account, go to the car, select give to a friend, and it comes up with a screen that says "Friends List" with an hour glass. It has been sitting at that hour glass for over 5 minutes. :(
Does this just take a long time, or do I have a problem?

EDIT

Nevermind, I got to it a different way.
I went to "Community", pointed to my old account, selected Gifts, then Give Gift, then select Garage, and finally picked the car and send it.
It says Operation Complete. Now to see if my original account got it...

EDIT#2
I got it! And you can install a Stage 3 turbo on the Ferrari 330 P4! OMG, this thing is a beast!!!

Last edited:
Well, now I'm having a problem giving it away.
I got the car under my new account, my new account is friends with my normal account, I go to the garage under the new account, go to the car, select give to a friend, and it comes up with a screen that says "Friends List" with an hour glass. It has been sitting at that hour glass for over 5 minutes. :(
Does this just take a long time, or do I have a problem?

EDIT

Nevermind, I got to it a different way.
I went to "Community", pointed to my old account, selected Gifts, then Give Gift, then select Garage, and finally picked the car and send it.
It says Operation Complete. Now to see if my original account got it...

EDIT#2
I got it! And you can install a Stage 3 turbo on the Ferrari 330 P4! OMG, this thing is a beast!!!

Don't dent it.. chassis repairs are very expensive!!! like 500,000 credits.

523. S Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 INFINI III (FC) ‘90
716. P Nissan SILVIA K’s Dia Selection (S13) ‘90
971. P/S Toyota SUPRA 2.5GT Twin Turbo R ‘90
499. S Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) ‘90
128. S Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) ‘90
498. P/S Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) ‘90
202. S Fiat Panda Super i.e. ‘90
702. S Nissan PRIMERA 2.0Te ‘90
270. S Honda CR-X SiR ‘90
293. S Honda NSX ‘90
354. S Infiniti G20 ‘90
408. S Lotus Carlton ‘90

those are my options, dont want any =[

i already got 4 accounts on my ps3 but they all have the same birth date. can i change my birthdate after i create teh account? >____________________>

I got the 330 on the first try. I thought I'd be here all night, but I got lucky. 👍

Wow! nice. What date did you set to get the 330p4?

@Alonsomania
Select *add new friend* in your XMB's friends list tab, from there add your old account, log onto old account to accept the request and voila you're friends with yourself :)

You're serious? There's an "add friend" button in the friends bar on XMB

edit-

@ Alonsomania

just got all 3 LM racers from 66' :) just saved myself a lot of grinding!

created 21 accounts and took 2.5 hours.

good luck to anyone who wanted to saved a lot of time!

Do anyone no if i make a account for 1966 and get a ferrari would i be able to gift it back to my main account? i got a lambo muira before but it wouldnt let me gift it to my main account

Be aware, if you create an account with a birthday less than 18 years old, you will have to go through several extra steps of child identification and use you main account as it's parent.
I set up an account with a birthday of 11/30/2010. I think all newborns should sign up for GT5 the day they are born! LOL!
And when you are creating the child account, make sure you "Allow Chat" or else GT5 won't be able to use the internet.

I got the follow birthday account gifts:
67 - Ferrari 330 P4
69 - Chevrolet Camaro SS
70 - Plymouth Superbird
86 - Nissan Be-1 (weak!)
87 - Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car
10 - F86 G Sports Concept

Happy Birthday to me!

Be aware, if you create an account with a birthday less than 18 years old, you will have to go through several extra steps of child identification and use you main account as it's parent.
I set up an account with a birthday of 11/30/2010. I think all newborns should sign up for GT5 the day they are born! LOL!
And when you are creating the child account, make sure you "Allow Chat" or else GT5 won't be able to use the internet.

Great advice BKViper, I shall bear that in mind when i get round to doing a 2010 account.
And for anyone else thinking of going for 2010, these are the cars you can get

Chevrolet 2010 #14 Old Spice Impala 2010

Chevrolet 2010 #24 DuPont Impala 2010

Chevrolet 2010 #42 Target Impala 2010

Chevrolet 2010 #48 Lowe's Impala 2010

Chevrolet 2010 #88 National Guard Impala 2010

Chevrolet Camaro SS RM 2010

Ferrari F10 2010

Ford 2010 #99 Aflac Fusion 2010

Ford 2010 43 Best Buy Fusion 2010

Gran Turismo Red Bull X1 2010

Honda CR-Z a 2010

Jaguar XFR 2010

Jaguar XKR Coupe 2010

Lexus LFA 2010

McLaren MP4-12C 2010

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2010

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Oreca Matmut 2010

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total 2010

Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI 18 inch Option 2010

Toyota 2010 #11 FedEx Camry 2010

Toyota 2010 #18 M+Ms Camry 2010

Toyota 2010 #20 The Home Depot Camry 2010

Toyota 2010 #83 Red Bull Camry 2010

Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept 2010

Might take a fair bit of spamming to get an X1 (if it's even possible through this)

Okay after playing with this for 10 minutes I figured out a few things that hopefully will help you guys with the birthday grinding :)

I have only done 1973 so far but a few people said they couldn't gift certain cars (and I can't gift my AMG SLS that I got with the game either)

1) work around to not being able to gift certain cars, don't accept the gift card with the created account, instead gift it to the main account, that way if it is a car like the lambo that normally can't be gifted, you already have it in your main account, make sense? I checked and you can gift the free card.

2) someone else posted if you don't like the car you get, delete the saved game file and try again, well I will go one step further with that. You can gift the car and then delete the save game file and do it again and gift a new car. So you can just keep gifting tons of cars within minutes (all the same year). Do this for all the years you want. I got 3 different cars with my first three tries then just gifted 2 free cards for use later with the main account

3) gift other things like paint while you are at it, buy used cars or new ones just for the paint chips and gift those. Also if you redeem the car on the created account you get 2 paint chips, one with the car, gift that, and then another one when you take delivery of the gifted car.

I don't feel like cheating, BUT I want the paint and don't like how they did it, so this helps. And certain cars like the 2002 turbo I have yet to see in the used car lot and I want it now, so I got it, hahaha

Back