Your DR/SR progress tracker (provided by Kudosprime).

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 218 comments
Door Number = your "rank" in the Lobby via DR.

Its that simple ^^ Its also the same in Iracing!
Not really. I’ve been the lowest ranked player (c) in a room full of A and B with a 1 on my door after going a few days without a win.

After getting a win, my door number goes down even if I’m with better ranked racers.

I think it’s a mind game.

Today I started playing Sport Mode on my 2nd Account. So far I had 3 races but i don’t get any points. Yet, Sr went up from B to S within these 3 races but like I said i‘m stuck on 1!!! ridiculous Point. Anyone got a clue what’s going on?
It's a well know behavior: the first 5 races serves as a kind of warmup. At the end of your fifth race, you'll get 2,000 pts, then your true DR adventures begins.
Also, the points system has little secrets since these last hours:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-requests-updates.362085/page-6#post-12148467
And following posts.
As you can see in the linked thread, @Outspacer and i have worked on this the last two days.
As far as i'm concerned, knowing how it works, the GT Sport Rank system is well designed.

Last edited:
It's a well know behavior: the first 5 races serves as a kind of warmup. At the end of your fifth race, you'll get 2,000 pts, then your true DR adventures begins.
Also, the points system has little secrets since these last hours:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-requests-updates.362085/page-6#post-12148467
And following posts.
As you can see in the linked thread, @Outspacer and i have worked on this the last two days.
As far as i'm concerned, knowing how it works, the GT Sport Rank system is well designed.
Thanks for the advice Milouse. This is my second account I started playing on today, I didn’t notice it on my main account. Great work by gathering all that data. I just threw a look on it, you’re a real data Guru :cheers:

You have to pit SR into account: D/S before A/A etc! Thats how matchmaking works.

It is easy for me to say, because im only in the best Lobbys, with the highest ranked Drivers!

Example: Yesterday i drove 6 races. I had clearly the best DR (over 70.000, nearly full S!) i i was always "Door Number 1"

Also the Top 24 Superstar Race! People are sorted after DR (everyone is SR S) - i was ranked number 3 and got Door number 3! All the other Numbers are correct too!

In "normal" Lobbys it is very hard to see, because of close skill ceiling. But in the top Lobbys it is very obvious how this works... Ist another "copypaste" from IRacing ^^

Great work on the stats Milouse but I wouldn't call it well designed when your DR points fully depend on luck, if you get crashed out of the position you are prety much done.

I think there is an issue with the way the game reads your DR score. It seems to work well when everyone in the lobby has more than 10000 DR, but anything under that seems to mess up the results. It's as though it compares the scores by checking the first number, then the second.... instead of the number as a whole. So if a Dr D with 7500 points was in a race with a bunch of S drivers in the early 70 000s, then the C driver would get door number 1.

I think (I'm probably not explaining this very well).

Great work on the stats Milouse but I wouldn't call it well designed when your DR points fully depend on luck, if you get crashed out of the position you are prety much done.
This has to do with racing in general, not with the ranking system. And being subject to random incident doesn't mean something "fully depend on luck" on the long run. Poker has its champions too.

I think there is an issue with the way the game reads your DR score. It seems to work well when everyone in the lobby has more than 10000 DR, but anything under that seems to mess up the results. It's as though it compares the scores by checking the first number, then the second.... instead of the number as a whole. So if a Dr D with 7500 points was in a race with a bunch of S drivers in the early 70 000s, then the C driver would get door number 1.
I think (I'm probably not explaining this very well).
I understand it, so i guess you explained it well :)
The game probably doesn't handle the type of data correctly.
In a program, a number can be stored as an integer (70000) or as a string ("70000"). If you order a set of integers or a set of strings, you'll get different results, unless you left-pad the string with 0. The game should always use integer here, but when it pull the DR score from the database server, it must be returned as a string, then ordering as such, and that's probably where the bug comes from.

This has to do with racing in general, not with the ranking system. And being subject to random incident doesn't mean something "fully depend on luck" on the long run.

So when someone takes me out and it isn't my fault and my DR goes down, is it well designed system? And what if my "luck" will be bad and I would have lot of rammers or laggers or people making mistakes in the long run? The system works also with SR ranking, which is pretty much broken, because it's too easy to be in S rank, if they fix SR then we can call it well designed system.

So when someone takes me out and it isn't my fault and my DR goes down, is it well designed system? And what if my "luck" will be bad and I would have lot of rammers or laggers or people making mistakes in the long run? The system works also with SR ranking, which is pretty much broken, because it's too easy to be in S rank, if they fix SR then we can call it well designed system.

Please relax! I believe @Milouse means the DR ranking and how it changes after a race, based on finish position. How that finish position comes about is another matter entirely.

Almost at 70,000 DR :gtpflag:

upload_2018-1-14_18-40-25.png

@Milouse What's the maximum DR you can get to? I assumed it was 70,000 but my S-rank bar is only about 2/3 full by the looks of it in game.

Almost at 70,000 DR :gtpflag:
@Milouse What's the maximum DR you can get to? I assumed it was 70,000 but my S-rank bar is only about 2/3 full by the looks of it in game.
Caps at 75k. 5 players at 75k last time I checked.
At 75,000 the points won are indeed not added anymore.
We clearly see this on this race result were the winner have 75,000 pts both before and after the race.

Geez - 70,000 points! I am just happy I got back to a C DR after dropping to a D when I got my G29. I think I'm at like 6,000 points.....if only life didn't get in the way of me being a better GT driver!!!

DR S after 3 days :D

I made a new Account 3 days ago, doing my personal challenge. I wanted to see how hard it actually is to get to S rank thesedays. I already am S ranked on my first Account but it took me almost 2 months.
This time I went up like a Rocket.
20E18804-E202-4601-842E-9D2D7F7BFBAA.png
BC72319A-E2A1-47A0-AD3A-697CBAE68D69.png

Milouse thank you for all the hard work and making kudosprime possible 👍

If I understand the charts correctly, this is the figures needed for DR/SR progress:

DR levels:

E level 0-2.000
D level 2.000-5.000
C level 5.000-10.000
B level 10.000-30.000
A level 30.000-50.000
S level 50.000-70.000

SR status:

E status 0-10
D status 10-20
C status 20-40
B status 40-65
A status 65-80
S status 80-99

Does anyone have a table of the DR ranking groups? From what I can gather its as follows
E 0
D 1 - 5000
C 5001 - 10000
B 10001 - 30000
A 30001 - 50000
S 50001 - 75000

Is that correct or am I misinterpreting the charts?

Back