Your favorite car for Drifting!

• Thread starter Thatman
  • 38 comments
GTP_Thatman/Thatmanthere
A Man Hamster
What is it?
Mine is the Toyota AE86 down Fujimi Kaido(and up it too) Its real easy no matter if you keep it stock or upgrade it. So thats where Im at so far.:dopey:

Cool man:tup: though I havent gotten to do much drifting with the FC on Forza though im sure the "White Comet" will come around..lol..and I need to commission someone to do my car again...its such a pain:ouch:

My favorite car to drift with right now has to be my AE86 with the non-turbo engine swap. Second favorite has to be the S13 with about 300hp. We should get some pictures going on here and see each other's drift machines.

Corvette Z06...stock except the suspension, which I tweek just right and its easy to control the oversteer with clutch/gas.

The Ae86 ofcourse, all motor (no exhaust), the S13, s15, TVR Segaris (only single turbo upgrade everything stock, drifts like a champ and does weight transfers great STOCK), FC, FD i have too many and the 07 STI RWD conversion looking Team Orange-ish. I love drifting and the main reason for my purchase behind the game. :)👍

Cool man:tup: though I havent gotten to do much drifting with the FC on Forza though im sure the "White Comet" will come around..lol..and I need to commission someone to do my car again...its such a pain:ouch:
If you give me a good picture from every angle I'll see what I can do.

I stumbled across a new favorite drift car last night.

The Lotus Carlton. Mid level A Class (around 580, I believe)

Incredibly stable. The long wheelbase, and flat powerband, makes it very controllable in a drift.

Other than that, the M3's are fun, and believe it or not....

The Lotus Elan (B Class!!!) which is quite a beast, but can easily drift anything in the game. Surprising monster...

;)

I have learned that the Viper GTS at S700 is quite the controllable one at high speed...yes very nice!

lol, I haven't been on the public lobbies in a while. I really starting to like it, even though it's heavy as all hell.

Very heavy, indeed... I used it in some of the A class races. Took a lot of tuning to stop it from understeering. Even with all the weight reductions, it's still a bit of a pig. This wouldn't bother me as much, if I didn't think it was such a pig to look at, as well...

Also, on the topic of favorite drift cars...

This may not go over well, but...

One of my most stable drift cars has to be my Civic Coupe (C Class) with drivetrain and K20 engine swap. One of the better sounding 4 cylinders in the game, in my opinion.

;)

Very heavy, indeed... I used it in some of the A class races. Took a lot of tuning to stop it from understeering. Even with all the weight reductions, it's still a bit of a pig. This wouldn't bother me as much, if I didn't think it was such a pig to look at, as well...

Also, on the topic of favorite drift cars...

This may not go over well, but...

One of my most stable drift cars has to be my Civic Coupe (C Class) with drivetrain and K20 engine swap. One of the better sounding 4 cylinders in the game, in my opinion.

;)

C class? How much Hp do you have it pushing? All my driters are A class 550 and up. Can't keep up with anyone if thire not and its harder to keep drifting on the longer corners.

C class? How much Hp do you have it pushing? All my driters are A class 550 and up. Can't keep up with anyone if thire not and its harder to keep drifting on the longer corners.

You certainly do not need that much power to drift. Most of my drift cars are between C and B classes. I have drifted all of Fujimi Kaido with my C Class Civic (pushing around 250hp to 300hp I think, I'll have to double check). It's a bit of a myth that you need power to drift. It's not about the power. It's about balancing the power with the tire combo (among other things). I had an online drifting session with 10 other people yesterday. All of them were using S or R3. I was in my B Class Supra, and I had to keep stopping to wait up for everyone. Incidentally, I was kicked out of that room because I won, and it lowered their precious ranking. :crazy: Honestly, I really could care less about my ranking. This whole voting system to kick people is a bit naff, as well.

;)

You certainly do not need that much power to drift. Most of my drift cars are between C and B classes. I have drifted all of Fujimi Kaido with my C Class Civic (pushing around 250hp to 300hp I think, I'll have to double check). It's a bit of a myth that you need power to drift. It's not about the power. It's about balancing the power with the tire combo (among other things). I had an online drifting session with 10 other people yesterday. All of them were using S or R3. I was in my B Class Supra, and I had to keep stopping to wait up for everyone. Incidentally, I was kicked out of that room because I won, and it lowered their precious ranking. :crazy: Honestly, I really could care less about my ranking. This whole voting system to kick people is a bit naff, as well.

;)

I can get low Hp cars to drift but I find I can't get as much angle as I can with higher Hp. The low hp makes me go a bit shallow so I can keep the revs high and the wheels spinning.

I can get low Hp cars to drift but I find I can't get as much angle as I can with higher Hp. The low hp makes me go a bit shallow so I can keep the revs high and the wheels spinning.

This feels like GT3/GT4 all over again...

With the right tire/hp combo, any car can drift the same angle as a higher HP car (within reason). My little Civic can link anything in the game (that I've come across thus far), and with decent angle. It's all about keeping up momentum with the lower HP cars. Quite a bit more fun than drifting with the S class or above vehicles, in my opinion.

I'll have some drift tunes up in my storefront soon. I was going to update it last night, but something came up that I had to attend to instead. Hopefully I'll get some time to play Forza tomorrow.

;)

WTF is that supposed to mean....

Settle down...

Back in the GT3/GT4 days, I had to constantly explain (and often prove with a vid) how big HP is not only not necessary, but often counterproductive. It's all about balancing the tire and HP. Of course, not limited to that. A bit of tweaking to the gears, and suspension, is also very useful. Doesn't take much to create a top level drift car.

I have yet to see anyone online that drifts anything under A Class. It's a shame, because they're typically all over the place. If they would spend more time on the balance, and less on the power, a better drifting experience will be had.

Of course, this is not to say I don't have any higher HP drift cars. I do, but they can't really do anything my lower HP drift cars can. Because of this, I rarely use them, unless the host limits the class (S or R3 usually).

On topic...

I just remembered another balanced drift car. Was one of my favorites from FM2...

The E30 M3... I have mine set to mid level B class. Crazy little thing. Very easy to get good angle. Very stable and changes directions quickly.

;)

I'm not that big of a drifter but I like the S15 the most so far ;-) Need to get a bit more into it I guess...

Settle down...

Back in the GT3/GT4 days, I had to constantly explain (and often prove with a vid) how big HP is not only not necessary, but often counterproductive. It's all about balancing the tire and HP. Of course, not limited to that. A bit of tweaking to the gears, and suspension, is also very useful. Doesn't take much to create a top level drift car.

I have yet to see anyone online that drifts anything under A Class. It's a shame, because they're typically all over the place. If they would spend more time on the balance, and less on the power, a better drifting experience will be had.

Of course, this is not to say I don't have any higher HP drift cars. I do, but they can't really do anything my lower HP drift cars can. Because of this, I rarely use them, unless the host limits the class (S or R3 usually).

On topic...

I just remembered another balanced drift car. Was one of my favorites from FM2...

The E30 M3... I have mine set to mid level B class. Crazy little thing. Very easy to get good angle. Very stable and changes directions quickly.

;)

Ah You get it! The little B449 AE86 was ousted by my viper by just 3000 points, I bet If I tuned the thing it would re beat my viper :P

Ah You get it! The little B449 AE86 was ousted by my viper by just 3000 points, I bet If I tuned the thing it would re beat my viper :P

Another wonderful little car for drifting, but of course most people know that thanks to a well known Anime.

;)

Damn straight! :lol: I look like such a r-tarded fanboy in my tofu deleverin' 86 down Fujimi Kaido.

Friday I just started drifting in Forza 3 for the first time. Havent drifted in a Forza game since Forza 1. But this is my current weapon of choice. I even ended up with 96,000 points on the Kaido track. Almost got the 100,000 points. So close. Not bad for my 2nd try. I was drifting in the multiplayer online and was doing quite well against the other players with R3 class cars.

B CLASS 2007 GT500 Ken Gushi Mustang AWD

forza8h.jpg

forza7n.jpg

ive found a s700 rx-7 fd rotates nicely on turn in on power. i dont feel ive enough control over a slide/drift if i use the handbrake so i like being able to turn in and use the throttle to get the rear end sliding. i think ive almost learned FK for the achievement, but, im still 30k off.

never clamed i was good :(

Back