Your favorite cars to drive in stock form?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingstang5oh
  • 150 comments
  • 10,163 views
It has very long gears for fuel economy. 6 Speed with overdrive. Mines is broken in with 637 HP, 1552 KG @ 587 PP. Its very good at the short and technical tracks due to its wing making 1000 lbs of downforce.


I doubt that the ACR would make 1,000 lbs of downforce on a short technical track. It does create over 1,000 lbs of downforce (peaks just over 1,200 reviewing the Nürburgring footage) at 160 mph - top of 4th gear. On a short technical course, I would imagine that it would never crest 500 lbs of downforce simply because most short technical courses do not include fast cornering speeds. Autumn Ring Mini for one.

Jump to 7:20-ish to see the display of downforce peak at 1200 at the end of the straight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mu0i1PQV0A

Gearing for ACR
http://media.caranddriver.com/files...-nissan-gt-r-porsche-911-gt2usa-comparo-1.pdf

My favorite stock cars to race? The Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 and the Ferrari 458 Italia.
 
Last edited:
Reviving an old thead!

If you like racing stock cars online, then check out my new club, aptly called; STOCK CLUB!"



👍
 
I have a couple.

SLS AMG
458
Scion FRS

The 458 is my favourite because it is one of very few cars in the game that sound the same in real life.

I like the SLS because of how well it handles and the nice grumble from the stock exhaust.
 
The Enzo was my first top-dollar car, and I never even touched the tuning shop with it.
 
Rarely driven the X2010 but would love to throw it around with a wheel. X2011 too but have to download. #foreveralone
 
But Stock Cars it has to be the MP4-12C. Absolute beast!
 
Honda S2000 + interior mode + Night at Nurburgring Nordschleife + No race display or anything + Good music + Speakers maxed
 
I am an SRF + RS racer, but lately I have been having internet trouble.

Today I was testing my connection so I was in my lounge. I got in that new corvette and turned off all aids, even ABS.

I gotta admit it was fun to drive. I was doing doughnuts, peeling out, trying to drift a little (really bad at that) and running some laps.

I have to say the SH tires were surprisingly grippy. It took a few corners to get used to no ABS braking though. I have a g25. It took a couple of laps before I could make it all the way around the track without sliding off, or spinning out. Didn't record any lap times but I am sure they weren't very good.
 
Premium S13 is awesome round the 'Ring stock.
 
Nissan Skyline GT-R (Every Model)
Nissan Silvia S15/S13
Toyota GT86/Scion FR-S
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Honda NSX Type-R
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
McLaren F1
McLaren MP4-12C
Ferrari F458 Italia

And more that I can't think of right now.
 
I just used a Mini Cooper for the latest seasonal and had a lot of fun doing it. I can't remember the year but it's the premium one. I drove it bone stock with minor transmission tuning, to keep competitive, and had a blast doing it.

The Nissan Z's are my other top choices for stock driving.
 
Alfa Giulia TZ2 and GTV
Lancia Delta
Ferrari F40, 458, 512BB and 599
BMW M3 CSL
Lexus LFA
VW Golf Mark V
Both McLaren
Jag XJ-220
Corvette ZR-1 for making smoke and noise lol
 
Almost any rear wheel driven car honestly. And preferably an older car that likes to spin just one wheel from time to time.
 
Almost any rear wheel driven car honestly. And preferably an older car that likes to spin just one wheel from time to time.

Those are fun to drive! Some of the Mitsubushi"s do that. Its a blast!
 
Premium Lotus Esprit - slidey but predictable - love it!:)
 
Subaru BZ-R. Sport tires.
 
V12 Vantage is a nice car to drive stock. Great balance.
 
Honda NSX Type R '02
Ferrari 458 Italia
Honda S2K

That's about it really, although my stock NSX Type R racks up most of the stock mileage :D
 
The 2014 Corvette final prototype and Aston Martin V12 Vantage are my favorites stock
 
In all honesty, I am having too much fun with the Veyron on comfort medium tires with ABS switched off. I had to adjust brakes down but no balance change so I think that still qualifies.
 
Aston Martin DB9, drive it 007 style
 
Back