Your favorite cars to drive in stock form?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingstang5oh
  • 150 comments
  • 10,163 views
1963 Honda S500. Such a great car to drive stock.
 
'71 Mach 1.
 
TVR Tamora, well balanced but still a little bit tricky.
 
Go-Kart .. :sly:
 
My favourite stock car ...
1970 Ford Mustang Trans Cammer - the one you get from the grand touring garage. No idea why, but I think its an absolute blast and love the way it hums trhough the revs

Other than that the gallardo is a nice one to drive. I've only recently been spending dough to buy cars left right and centre and haven't gotten around to driving them all
 
Ill have to say F40 and the ctr yellow bird on stock tyres are fantastic. Tricky at first but teaches you modulation and how to drive a car straight ( fast ) just as you would drive them around your streets. They require minimil and smooth steering inputs.
 
Last edited:
Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02. I upgraded the car to a RM version but still love the stock.
 
Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02. I upgraded the car to a RM version but still love the stock.

I like the Boost gauge on it. It's always nice having moving gauges in cars.
 
I like the Boost gauge on it. It's always nice having moving gauges in cars.

Ok. This is the first time I've posted what somebody else said. I agree with you. What I really like is when the fuel gauge works. That really adds to the experience of a real car.
 
Between the S2000 '06 and the BRZ.
 
G37 - visibility not great in cockpit, but smooth and fast.
Ferrari California - fun convertible
SLS AMG '10
Audi R8
M3 CSL, surprisingly quick car in the 500 pp challenges.
 
I enjoy the BRZ/GT86/FRS anytime.
 
Vette ZR1, sport hards.

Just love the amount (or lack!) of traction, and easy to explore limits.
 
2 of my favorites to drive stock are the Amuse S2000 R1 and the Shelby Series One

While I did not drive these all that much in GT5 I logged thousands of miles on them in GT4
 
Aston Martin DB9, It's just plain beautiful.
 
If I'm racing or hotlapping, my go-to fun car is the 787B. To get the most out of it you're constantly on the edge of being in control, and it's just plain fun, all the way around the track.

For cruising, I default to the TVR Tuscan Speed 6. It's a beautiful car, and it keeps you on your toes no matter how fast you're going.
 
Any RX-7, the gearboxes are perfect.

Yessir. My favourite is the gen 1 FD because it has almost zero understeer and you can zero counter through the turn. Not fastest but good fun. 👍
 
Spent the weekend doing Arcade Races with a stock Art Morrison '60 Vette. Ran it on SM's with no aids in cockpit cam. What a cool dash, nice sound and a beauty.

I'd never spent much time with any of the Premium Tuners before. Had run the Amuse S2K GT1 Turbo in a League race Thursday night and loved it. Fuji GT.

There's still so many cars I'd never spent much time in this late in GT5's life. I'd mostly spent my GT5 time in League racing and discarded any cars that weren't competitive in the format.
 
I've been driving in arcade mode for the past few days on 1.0 GT5 :crazy:, Mazda Roadster NC at Laguna Seca, BMW M3 premium at Daytona Road, Z33 Fairlady at Cape Ring South and Cape Ring Inside, R32 GTR at Autumn Ring Reverse, F40 at Cape Ring South, all on comfort medium - no ABS with BB ranging from 9/3 to 10/6.

I never knew 1.0 GT5 can be pretty fun.
 
Corvette C7 with sports soft tires
 
The RE-Amemiya RX-7 such a well balanced car, sticks to the ground on sports tires with completely neutral handling characteristics, but if you want, throw on comforts and the car easily gets sideways in a very controllable manner. Dope car.
 
The RE-Amemiya RX-7 such a well balanced car, sticks to the ground on sports tires with completely neutral handling characteristics, but if you want, throw on comforts and the car easily gets sideways in a very controllable manner. Dope car.

+1 that was the first car I would use to drift....it's almost perfect
 
Nissan Skyline (Japan version of Infiniti G37s) Because I own that one in real life.
 
I like the ZR1 in stock trim. It's one of the few stock cars in the game that has an untamed feeling. Most of the stock cars are pretty sterile.
 
Back