Your First Car

• Thread starter downwiz2
  • 130 comments
Speaking of which the new Mazda 3 is actually quite good. I think it has a Ford engine and Cosworth offers a cosworth kit (maybe similar to the focus kit). The stage 3 kit can reach around 250 BHP too. Now that's quite nifty. That's more than you get for an S2000.

I like many others took the good ole supra. It got me pretty far, all the way till i could buy a RUF CTR2 Sport. That took me a good portion of the way till i had cash to do what i wanted.

downwiz2, if you think that a Mazda Infinni III is slow, you should try an old Toyota Sprinter 86,XD, Damn it was hard to win with that car. But after a while, it becomed a part of me and I could defeat the Luxury sedan cup second race (SSR 5) using 150hp.

downwiz2, if you think that a Mazda Infinni III is slow, you should try an old Toyota Sprinter 86,XD, Damn it was hard to win with that car. But after a while, it becomed a part of me and I could defeat the Luxury sedan cup second race (SSR 5) using 150hp.

This thread is over a year old, i doubt downwiz2 is gonna respond. But I think it's cool you defeated the sedan cup in a 150 hp Corolla!

Last edited:
Well since my ass does not ****ing have Gran Turismo 1 or 2 anymore I cant experience them again damn it all:( :mad: But from what I remember in GT1 my first cars were always MKIII Supras which kicks some ass for sure they do.

I really really hella loved GT2 so I started many games cant really remember how much. Though I can recolect that I used on my very first game a MKIII Supra like in GT1, then on my 2\nd game it was a Toyota Celica RC pretty good car. Then after that I realised the Mazda RX7s are the best so that is what I started to prefer to use.

And since I only have one PSone memory card I could never have different saves and cars which really licks a pickel it does:grumpy:

Had a silver AE86 as a starting car too, but later I waited for about 100+ days to get the panda white color scheme. Indeed it is a powerful car once you get used to it, I even loved tailgating AI cars with higher hp and then catching up with them through cornering. :)

my first car was either an rx7 or supra. from there i got a dodge challenger or charger (i forget), then a viper gts, then an evo, and from there my car list completely blew up.

Well I also on like probaly my 12th GT2 game remember first getting all golds on every liscense :sly: so my first cars were the spoon S2000 FTO LM race car the Toyota GT-One race car and the others:tup:

My 1st experience with GT2 didn't had many surprises... i just got a Supra TwinTurbo, like i did in GT1 for my 1st car, and started to trash the AI... :D

I've found it to be easier to control than in GT1, so winning races was also easier... maybe also because i had played GT1 before...

the JA (twin turbo) is too expensive for the first buy (1.000.000+)..I think you mean the MA (single turbo), only in GT1

however is the best car to start with, because for the first races it doesn't need to be tuned to win

The first time through I bought the Corolla Levin. This time I started out with a 93 Skyline.

my first car ever for gt2 was the oldest celica gtfour (cant remember the details but it was definately white) but i didnt use it much once i got money
i lost that file about 30% through the game and had to start over so my next first car was an 86 (?) mr2 white on grey or blue cant remember which i kept and used throughout the game... now that i think of it my first car in gt1 was an old supra, didnt even know i was a toyota fan:idea:

First--FCRX-7, alternatively the '91 Supra Turbo. Usually the FC, though. First time, it was the Supra, but then I got a Challenger and made the mistake of selling my Supra :ouch:. Challenger was pretty crappy... :indiff:

So then I used a red FC, and proceeded to own. ;)

i started off with a supra twin turbo, and just raced hardout to earn enough cash to do it up to buy a 323 sedan familia '92 model, and that car had a stage 2 turbo put on with racing softs and i did the seattle circuit muscle car race and kept racing that until i got 2 million to buy the escudo. seven or eight months later i end up driving a galant super vr-4, which, by fact, is the best drifting car on the game.

seven or eight months later i end up driving a galant super vr-4, which, by fact, is the best drifting car on the game.

The Galant is definitely an interesting one to drive! That sucker loves getting sideways I noticed, even on some slick tires.

Last edited:
First car in GT1 Through GT3 was the Nissan Pulsar, That little four wheel drive car that could handle all the upgrades, I took total use of the initial $10,000 dollars offered at the beginning of the game in didn't look at driving another car until I had over 30 prize cars and around a million in spending cash, It's a fun little car and cheap, About 4K!---)

I just got into the GT series (starting with GT2). I've played them before but never for my own file. I started this one out with a Honda Civic CRX. That little SOB moves, it was a little sketchy at first, but even stock it was more than able to beat the AI. Souped up to c. 208hp, and that thing smoked cars upto the ~340hp (I'm not in front of the game so these HP ratings are approx.). I still like to drive it on the tighter tracks.

That Pulsar is an awesome little sleeper aint it? I had a short love affair with one ...musta been a couple years ago. The combo of 4-wheel drive and a short, stocky body makes it extremely tractable.

The CRX is awesome to start the game with, but eventually you'll leave it behind, trust me. It just doesn't get the same power upgrades other Civics get. Oddly, the CRX in GT1 could get more power (50 or 60 more hp) than the CRX in GT2 :odd: It's almost as if they forgot to program that extra turbo or NA upgrade.

Last edited:
I dunno. I was able to take the CRX all the way into the Pacific League in GT mode. It has stupid amounts of grip, and it reminds me of the Wed's Sport Celica.

I dunno. I was able to take the CRX all the way into the Pacific League in GT mode. It has stupid amounts of grip, and it reminds me of the Wed's Sport Celica.

That's awesome. Was your car race-modded, tho? If not, you must be really good!

speaking of fast cars, i need help with car chioces for a race. i think its one of the last ones thats not in gt mode. its 5 races with a pretty good hp limit but its not the one thats completely open (or i'd use my escudo, lol) the hp limit is a bit too far for my evo to have an advantage so i was thinking of using the tigra ice racer because i'd like the car to be a 4wd ( less chance of spinning ) and ive used it before with good results.

what would you suggest?

If it is GT300 cup, I suggest one of the Alfa Romeo 156's (you can turbo the I4 one and NA the 2.5L V6, but they both come out about the same in power levels fully done up at aroun 350-ish.) or Audi A4 (S4 is overkill).
If it is the Super Touring Trophy, I suggest the Honda Civic Sedan '93 or BMW 328i.

speaking of fast cars, i need help with car chioces for a race. i think its one of the last ones thats not in gt mode. its 5 races with a pretty good hp limit but its not the one thats completely open (or i'd use my escudo, lol) the hp limit is a bit too far for my evo to have an advantage so i was thinking of using the tigra ice racer because i'd like the car to be a 4wd ( less chance of spinning ) and ive used it before with good results.

what would you suggest?

it sounds like you're talking about the GT300? Bro you don't need an excuseo. All GT300 cars are FR or FF in real-life, so to use a 4WD is cheating a bit, but I'd recommend about a dozen Skylines so long as they meet the hp limit.

Last edited:
Back