Your First Car

• Thread starter downwiz2
  • 130 comments
yes i am talking about the gt300,( i went on my game to check ). the car i wanted to use was my evo with a max hp of 529. the limit is 591. I think ive entered it with the evo before but im not sure. ill have to try it out tommorow.

nvm, i looked and the tigra ice racer has actually less than my evo, lol. my evo was set a 391hp because of some race under 400hp i had to do. i must have thought that was its max, lol. anyways the tigra is a pretty good car, has some of the best and fastest gears ive ever used.

ill try my evo tommorow, thanks for the advice though.

Edit: I decided i wanted to do it tonight and i found out it wasn't the car, i just suck, lol. i beat every race in the evo, some a little bit close, others way ahead. the thing i like about the evo is that you can basically drift it from all power. came in pretty handy at the apricot 180' turn, laguna 90' turn, and many turns at grand valley. again thanks for the advice but i guess i just had to do it myself.

now to start on rally.:grumpy:

the good ol twin turbo supra... i had made a chart with all the cars that were in price, the hp, all that good stuff before i baught it. and that was like, 5 years ago. then i bought a Corvette GS, and a SS Camaro. then i got GT3 and forgot all about GT1... -goes to game drawer-

yes i am talking about the gt300,( i went on my game to check ). the car i wanted to use was my evo with a max hp of 529. the limit is 591. I think ive entered it with the evo before but im not sure. ill have to try it out tommorow.

nvm, i looked and the tigra ice racer has actually less than my evo, lol. my evo was set a 391hp because of some race under 400hp i had to do. i must have thought that was its max, lol. anyways the tigra is a pretty good car, has some of the best and fastest gears ive ever used.

ill try my evo tommorow, thanks for the advice though.

Edit: I decided i wanted to do it tonight and i found out it wasn't the car, i just suck, lol. i beat every race in the evo, some a little bit close, others way ahead. the thing i like about the evo is that you can basically drift it from all power. came in pretty handy at the apricot 180' turn, laguna 90' turn, and many turns at grand valley. again thanks for the advice but i guess i just had to do it myself.

now to start on rally.:grumpy:

The GT300 is considered to be the best race series of GT2 by many because of the combination of hp limit and the ai cars drive really well. Notice how they don't screw up by sliding into grass or walls like in other races. Anyways, it sounds like you've experienced this first-hand!

I've done the 300 several times in a: BMW 328Ci, '96 Camaro, '71 Skyline, and I'm pretty sure I used an Integra too, or an S2000. All those cars had race-kits attached of course.

The rallies can be pretty easy if you use too much power...the only ones that are truely tough are the last 2 races at Tahiti Maze and the uphill run at Pike's Peak. Chances are you will need an Escudo for those (I did).

Last edited:
sorry to go back off topic but i have another thing to say. when i was worried about the hp i was actually worrying about the grand valley 300km ( last race i have to do other than rally ). the hp limit is 690hp so i cant figure out a car that i like with that hp range. and that track is wicked curvey. i tried the lm 3000gt because it seemed to be the perfect canidate ( 689hp, 4wd ) but it completely sucks at turns.

I also tried out the weds sport celica and was very suprised on how well i could drive it. i thought it was fr at first and it easliy basically drifted with no problem around the hard corners. i went back to my garage to look at the hp and was very suprised that it was an ff :eek: . i guess im gunna have to try some ff's from now on.

Way to go Team (D)3 Don't limit your options, I've tried some cars I just didn't like and end up making them some of my first picks when racing, I will not knock any cars until I try them first!
Cheers...

played it a looong time ago and had some 90% back then i think....and the first car was a red nissan pulsar. i remember the tradition to keep all cars with ne nice [R]

Get the GT40, and put the best tune-up (if it's low enough, but all I know is that It can go over 600hp) .

ill have to try that. i haven't really given mr cars a chance. whats with the blah blah blah though, lol.

i just beat all the rally races. its a bit of a rip off to not give you any cars though. they should have atleast gave you one car once you beat it all. last race will be the 300km endurance then on to arcade. lol

ill have to try that. i haven't really given mr cars a chance. whats with the blah blah blah though, lol.

i just beat all the rally races. its a bit of a rip off to not give you any cars though. they should have atleast gave you one car once you beat it all. last race will be the 300km endurance then on to arcade. lol

Yeah, you don't get any prizes and you don't get much money either :ouch: And some of them take A LOT of effort too.

TEAM DIABLO: I've done the 300km in a bunch of cars up against the Venturi: Integra GSR with 350ish hp, Pontiac GTX, Lexus GS300...some others I'm forgetting. Anyways, don't worry about the power: if the Venturi doesn't show up you'll be racing against a couple of RUFs at the most...and they eventually spin in turn 1! :D Anyways, if you're freaking out since you can't keep up, it's probably because the Venturi is leading. The 300KM in GT2 isn't as tough as it is in GT1...

Last edited:
Yeah, you don't get any prizes and you don't get much money either :ouch: And some of them take ALOT of effort too.

TEAM DIABLO: I've done the 300km in a bunch of cars up against the Venturi: Integra GSR with 350ish hp, Pontiac GTX, Lexus GS300...some others i'm forgetting. Anyways, don't worry about hte power: if the Venturi doesn't show up you'll be racing against a couple of RUF's at the most...and they eventually spin in turn 1! :D Anyways, if yo're freaking out cuz you can't keep up, it's probly cuz the Venturi is leading. The 300KM in GT2 isn't as tough as it is in GT1...

sounds good, ill just use my evo then. sorry that i keep talkin about my evo but it is probably my best and most used car. thanks for the advice, ill probably do it this weekend

sounds good, ill just use my evo then. sorry that i keep talkin about my evo but it is probably my best and most used car. thanks for the advice, ill probably do it this weekend

No need to apologize :) I find this topic interesting since I personally LOVE the GV300km. My least favorite enduro has to be the Laguna Seca one. It gets annoying since it's so long and halfway thru the race the sound cuts out. Which means you have no way of knowing if you're understeering or touching sand or if your brakes are trying to lock up... I don't think the GV300 cuts sound out at all, but I might be wrong.

Last edited:
No need to apologize :) I find this topic interesting since i personally LOVE the GV300km. My least favorite enduro has to be hte Laguna Seca one. It gets annoying cuz it's so long and halfway thru the race the sound cuts out. Which means you have no way of knowing if you're understeering or touching sand or if your brakes are trying to lock up... I dont' think the GV300 cuts sound out at all, but i might be wrong.

i remember doing the laguna seca with the escudo last year. kinda cheating but hey, they set the rules at free so. i dont remember the sound cutting out but i think i was most likely listening to music with the tv on mute. i didn't need it because i was still getting used to gt2 again so i had an automatic and like i said before i used the escudo so any major messup could be easily fixed.

the only enduros that i think i used something a bit fair were basically all the ones that weren't free, lol. i remember using an impreza for the trail mountain, 3000gt for the seattle circuit, and the evo for everything else. ( id still say they were unfair though with racing modification, countless uprgrades, and an acceleration like a bat out of hell )

i could go on and on but ill stop here, i always have way to many things to talk about and always come out with very large paragraphs. ( i tend to lead off of what im talking about and add useless info)

i remember doing the laguna seca with the escudo last year. kinda cheating but hey, they set the rules at free so. i dont remember the sound cutting out but i think i was most likely listening to music with the tv on mute. i didn't need it because i was still getting used to gt2 again so i had an automatic and like i said before i used the escudo so any major messup could be easily fixed.

the only enduros that i think i used something a bit fair were basically all the ones that weren't free, lol. i remember using an impreza for the trail mountain, 3000gt for the seattle circuit, and the evo for everything else. ( id still say they were unfair though with racing modification, countless uprgrades, and an acceleration like a bat out of hell )

One of first times I did the Trial Mountain enduro, I used a Datsun 240Z. I also remember a Silvia /240 SX, but eventually I discovered that unless the Lotus Elise shows up, the race is pretty easy since everybody pits. I've done the TM enduro at least 25 or 30 times since then!

One of my faves was in a lowly Subaru Pleo! Seriously, you don't need much power to win this, and Normal tires are all you need for rubber. The Lotus pits exactly once on lap 17 or 18...

Last edited:
Was an 'ol EG6. I wanted to make it handle as realistic as possible, so my first mod was simulation tires. I learned a lot from that car :)

In Gt2 was the Infiniti/Nissan G20/Primera 1991... I couldn't believe how many races I won with that car.. it was awesome :) --- Randy

In Gt2 was the Infiniti/Nissan G20/Primera 1991... I couldn't believe how many races I won with that car.. it was awesome :) --- Randy

The Infiniti! Now that's a car rarely mentioned! Me too..I won plenty of early races with that...I think it was maybe my 3rd car. Definitely a sleeper.

Last edited:
after hearing about the pulsar i decided to try it out. dam that little thing can move. i was drifting it bone stock around special stage route 5. with a little more power it would be the perfect drift car.

The first actual drive I did in GT2 was when I drove a white Daihatsu Move Aerodown Custom on TAhiti ROad. I came in last. Piece of crap.

My first car in career mode was a used 1990 Mazda RX-7.

The first actual drive I did in GT2 was when I drove a white Daihatsu Move Aerodown Custom on TAhiti ROad. I came in last. Piece of crap.

Agreed, sort of. It is crap, but it is also possible to win some high-paying races in an Aerodown. It can make 190 horses so the Trial Mountain enduro can be won if the Lotus Elise isn't in the race.

Last edited:
Hey I am finally back to the forums after around 1 and 3 quaters months:) . I just got GT1 and GT2 again which is awesome I have been wanting them for a long ass time. I have not played GT1 in about three in a half years and GT2 for around 2 years.

Well anyway back on topic I think for my next GT2 game I will use either the Toyota Celica RC or the 1990 Mazda RX7 Infini III they are like the best first cars in GT2.

Hey I am finally back to the forums after around 1 and 3 quaters months:) . I just got GT1 and GT2 again which is awesome I have been wanting them for a long ass time. I have not played GT1 in about three in a half years and GT2 for around 2 years.

Well anyway back on topic I think for my next GT2 game I will use either the Toyota Celica RC or the 1990 Mazda RX7 Infini III they are like the best first cars in GT2.

Very cool. Glad you're here, Renesis. Either of those will start you off with many races won. I didn't try a Celica RC till late in the game, but the RX7 was one of my first (probably 3rd or 4th car) that I started a game with.

Last edited:
Very cool. Glad you're here, Renesis. Either of those will start you off with many races won. I didn't try a Celica RC till late in the game, but the RX7 was one of my first (probably 3rd or 4th car) that i started a game with.

Thanks for the greeting my freind:cheers:, smart choice using the RX7 my fav. But yes the Toyota Celica GT RC is a good buy and choice. A good way to start your game and beat the Sunday, and Clubman cups also the 4WD events and others:tup:.

I've just found GT2 after giving my room a sort out so I may start playing it again and bring back the memories (ah the racing modifications) :D. Only trouble is i can't seem to find my PS1 memory card :nervous:.Back on topic... I remember starting the game with a supra, a crx and a prelude I think, although it was a while ago... so im not too sure.

Back