Your First Car

• Thread starter downwiz2
  • 130 comments
In previous games I'd found the 1993 Toyota Supra (turbo) a very good starter. Also a 1991 Nissan Silvia K's 2000cc. And once a 1990 Mazda RX-7 Infini III.

I'm thinking of starting another game of GT2. This time I think I'll redo my licenses and everything.

And, now, knowing the Initial-D connection, I might try using a 1983 AE86 Trueno as a starter. It won't see me through very much of the game, but it will seem culturally relevant, or something.

But I might not get around to this. I seem to have so much less spare time these days, even without playing many games. I'm not sure why.

In previous games I'd found the 1993 Toyota Supra (turbo) a very good starter. Also a 1991 Nissan Silvia K's 2000cc. And once a 1990 Mazda RX-7 Infini III.

I'm thinking of starting another game of GT2. This time I think I'll redo my licenses and everything.

And, now, knowing the Initial-D connection, I might try using a 1983 AE86 Trueno as a starter. It won't see me through very much of the game, but it will seem culturally relevant, or something.

But I might not get around to this. I seem to have so much less spare time these days, even without playing many games. I'm not sure why.

You might be pleasantly surprised. The Trueno/Corolla series in the 2nd game can accept more power than it did in GT1, so you actually can go further in this car. Problem is, there's 599 other cars to distract you...I'll admit it's not easy just sticking to one machine, even for a night of racing!

Last edited:
well i was quite the noob to racing games when i started gt2 so i got the easy to drive celica gt-four rc as my first ever car. now i prefer the skyline gts-t type m or whatever its called
A Celica GT-Four sounds like an obvious choice, yes.

I did test driving last night (licenses only), and got B&A quickly enough, but I'm not good enough to gold the entire B license in a single session, so I won't be starting with the Spoon S2000. I'll organize my memory cards in the next couple of days, and I should be off and running next weekend. I will probably go with an 80's Trueno, for its cultural value.

Wacko choices include looking at new cars. I spotted the Toyota Vitz and Fiat 500R. The 1984 Celica might make a nice starter, but it's a relatively rare car, and doesn't appear until day 70. You could buy it via trade, of course.

I'm sure that, over the years, there have been several online races for GT2 starter cars (best you can do with Cr10,000). I wonder what the results of those were?

I think the Spoon S2000 is over-rated. It's basically a great car to cheat with in early stages of the game, but a regular S2000 is actually better.

1. The regular S2000 accepts more power upgrades.

2. The Spoon S2000 has some incredibly high spring rates (12.0-ish and 10-ish kg/mm) which makes it tricky to drive at bumpy tracks like Grindelwäld and Trial Mountain.

Go with the Trueno if you want that "rags to riches" feel (yeah my car is a POS, but look what it can do!) The '84 Supra is also a great car...I actually forgot about it till you just mentioned it. Are you sure it doesn't show up till day 70?

Last edited:
The '84 Supra is also a great car...i actually forgot about it till you just mentioned it. Are you sure it doesn't show up till day 70?
Pretty sure. I did extensive research on that. My notes say it appears at day 70, then stays around until day 99, (actually a different colour for the last ten days), and then disappears again until day 130.

24 appearances in 60 line-ups.

First post here :)

I actually just started playing GT2 about a week ago on my PSP :sly: having completed GT3 and most of GT4 on PS2. My first car was the '92 Mirage Cyborg. The main reason I chose it is because I own the older model (1990) 4WD Cyborg in real life.

Its actually a pretty good car on the game, probably one of my favourite cars actually (dont laugh lol), although it only has 229hp, its lightweight and when well set up can be a killer in the corners, and I can easily clean up alot of the 345hp+ rated races in it. I prefer driving it to my 600hp+ GTR :)

First post here :)

I actually just started playing GT2 about a week ago on my PSP :sly: having completed GT3 and most of GT4 on PS2. My first car was the '92 Mirage Cyborg. The main reason I chose it is because I own the older model (1990) 4WD Cyborg in real life.

Its actually a pretty good car on the game, probably one of my favourite cars actually (dont laugh lol), although it only has 229hp, its lightweight and when well set up can be a killer in the corners, and I can easily clean up alot of the 345hp+ rated races in it. I prefer driving it to my 600hp+ GTR :)

Hey I'm not laughing! I've driven the Mirage Cyborg before...it's an alternative to the Civic. I've got a replay of me kicking some TVR tail in the GT nationals...:dopey:

Last edited:
My 1st experience with GT2 didn't had many surprises... i just got a Supra TwinTurbo, like i did in GT1 for my 1st car, and started to trash the AI... :D

I've found it to be easier to control than in GT1, so winning races was also easier... maybe also because i had played GT1 before...

I did the same thing! Amazing car! I think it was perfect srart of a long GT journey)

I think mine was very old skyline im not sure it could have been a supra.
(well i havent played GT2 for 1 and a half years)

Yup. Everybody has a first car and we usually don't forget what it was. I remember my first 8 or 9 cars matter of fact...

'82 Toyota Starlet
Mazda Protegé
'90 Mazda RX7 Infini III
'88 Nissan Silvia Q's 1800
Daihatsu Midget!!
'67 Mercury Cougar XR7
'91 Infiniti Q20
'99 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4

Guess it helps that I kept spec sheets & notes :)

Last edited:
Ach, its been a long time.:lol:

1st-4th games: Mk 3 Supra.....oversteer was a serious problem as i didnt understand what countersteer was.:scared:

5th game: R32 GTS-t type M

6th game: S13 K's...i think...

Wish i could of used a Benz....:sly:

GT3

I only had one file of this game so it was a PT Cruiser...easily beat my friend's Daihatsu X19 i think it is.....:confused:

GT4

1st game: Viper SRT-10....that was fun...:mischievous:

2nd game: made it more interesting and bought an S15 Silvia spec R:)

When i first play GT2 my 1st car in psx(about 5-6 yaers ago ) was Spoon S2000. The 2'nd walktrough - Toyota GT-one'99 ^^ + 4 other cars(didn'n complete i-b licence cuz i dont waste my time on del-sol, but maybe later i finish i-b on all gold's)

Mazda 323F Coupe, bought a used silver one

I love the looks of this car specially after changing the wheels.

Here she is:

Mazda2.jpg

I recall that my first car was a silver Nissan R32 skyline, not sure what spec. But i eventually turned it into a very fast car

My first car on the GT2 was the mirage ciborg.
But I was a noob back then, now I would choose the AE86 due to is drifting capabilities.

I forget what mine really was. I was absolutely obsessed with online FAQs at that time, so I probably just did the license tests first. But I don't know what I did after that, other than, one time, I sold a cobra not knowing its performance capabilities, and I started the game over completely. I started out with some red used Toyota Celica. That's what I do know.

My first car was a black Nissan Silvia S13 K's 2000cc 1991. I love this car because the engine have great sound.
I began the game more than 5 years ago.

Back