Your First Drift Ever

what was your first real drift ever?
name the car, track and what you did after you drifted.
that is all.

my first would be on trial mountain in arcade mode with a stock 180sx, the first turn onto the incline and I landed it so perfectly.
After?
I danced with joy then praised my DS2.

My first drift was on Tsukuba Circuit, normal. With my White S2000. After a couple of practice laps, I seemed to get a good amount of practice in me and gotten a little better after each run. I'm starting to like drifting on Motegi now. :)

my first was in my 240sx after some tuning. it was at grand valley east. the first few turns when you do practice. it wasnt a real good setup but it worked. afterwards, i saved the replay and took some pics. then i found out that the hks silvia is an actual drift car, so i drifted that for a few days.

Tsukuba (Normal)
DFP Used
AE86 (Normal)
Tuned just about to the max, cept for the rigitity and renewal plan, I believe.
I was going down the straight, and I had N2 tires on, nothing else was changed; it was actually an accident. So i went down the striaght, and here comes the super wide corner. I did my usual heel-toe into the corner, and full throttle, and next thing I knew, the rear started to slip about half way through the corner. I started countersteering, and next thing I knew, I was going down the home stretch. So, basically, it was a power-over drift.

Track: Autumn Rign

Car: Lotus Elise Motorsport

Corner: 3rd gear corner just before the main straight.. I had set up the car just like Tank said and I went around in a perfect sideways motion, I got very happy inside until I spun out on like the next 50 corners... lol... Was pure luck to nail my first drift like that. Now I can almost link most of Autumn Ring.... lol

Car: RX-7 FC GT-X
Track: Trial Mountain

After days and days of practicing getting sideways and being able to control it, I finally decide to power oversteer instead of lift off. My car begins to turn into the curve and it begins to go sideways.... my goodness it was beautiful. I exit the drift decently, and I immediately paused the game and did a backflip.

Gran Turismo 2
a yellow '83 RX-7 GT-turbo
Red Rock Valley

ok, ok, that's probably not my first, but i remember drifting there a lot.
I guess it mighta been like 5 or 6 years ago now.... dont really remember many specifics anymore. But I loved that car, and I loved that track .

did it in the d1rx7, ehm, i think grand valley or something... no no the first track on world circuits or something, the small one, can't remember the name srry ;)

My first drift was completely an totally accidental. The track was Suzuka Circuit Full, a track that I went from hating in every single game it was in to loving in GT4.
The race was GT Championship 4 in the championship order. I didn't need to win the race to win the championship, but it would've helped. I was driving a 1989 Gun Grey Metallic Skyline GTR (the 3rd car I ever got) with the VCD controller set so all the power went to the rear wheels so the front tires would last longer (they were softs) and so there wasn't any understeer. I went tearing into the 130R on my 3rd lap (of 4) but either swung too wide or began turning too late but I ended up sliding into the grass between the track surface and the safety asphalt on the on the other side. I tried to turn to get back on the track but that made the rears go wide and I ended up doing a very respectable drift (especially since it was unintended) along the safety asphalt. Of course, it cost me the race, but not the championship. You try pulling a stunt like that when the second place guy, a Toyota Supra with a helluva lot more power than you, was litterally right behind you. Lunkily for me the guy second in the championship (a Nissan 300ZX 2 seater) came in third that race.

Hmmmm, from what i can remember ....

Seattle circuit (first hairpin)
With a black Rexy.. (im pretty sure)
This was back in GT2 days, ahhh good memory's

Bathurst RX7. Trial Mountain. All I remember is my pants getting tight, then the sudden rush of relief and pleasure, followed by me having to change my pants.

TankSpanker
Gran Turismo 2
a yellow '83 RX-7 GT-turbo
Red Rock Valley

ok, ok, that's probably not my first, but i remember drifting there a lot.
I guess it mighta been like 5 or 6 years ago now.... dont really remember many specifics anymore. But I loved that car, and I loved that track .

Almost the exact same. Same car, same game, but I think the trak was Grinderwald? Back before I knew about ID and drifting in genral, I was doing it there. I love the FB, and wish they had put it in GT4.

I practiced in GT2 every day for years. I pretty much skipped right past GT3 because it just didn't feel right. While my buddies played GT3, I was still drifting in GT2.

Fun times.

Yeah i played GT3 not long ago, i found it much more unrealistic. The rear end just sails out, you don't have to work for it. I find GT4 much more fun now compared to when i started.

my first drift ever was with sprinter trueno on the new york curcuit, it was really hard @ first then i got help from a noob helper and i learned wat drifting is all about. then i found out that the HKS silvia and The Blitz Skyline were actually allready set up fo drifting.

rallyeditionIII
MR2 is the bomb on trial mountain.

Yeah, it oversteers alot which makes it easier to get it sideways, but in terms of track racing its not as quick around corners. I've been practicing on Apricot Hill Raceway and I think I've perfected it.

yeah I only use MR2 in two player battle.
my friend just did his first drift on my PS2 in time trial and he's yelling at the screen because instead of going to reply he accidently clicked b-spec mode...
argghhh...I suppose it happens to the best of us.

Back