Your First Drift Ever

My first GT drift was in 1997 in the first Gran Turismo. I had just got the game and was driving the '90 NSX at Trial Mountain and I was doing fine till I got to the first tunnel turn and I just kept getting sideways, correcting way too early and then I had to nearly stop to keep from knocking down the tunnel wall. I had this prob. in almost every turn so I decided to not correct untill after the turn and take it sideways. (ofcourse I didn't know what drifting was back then) It took a few hours to get it right but when I did my lap times dropped and I was having a blast doing it, and I went from there.

I had always done powerslides in every other game and loved doing them, but this wasn't a powerslide. It was a braking drift. Untill that moment I had never gotten sideways off of weight transfer b4. (and I didn't even know what the e-brake was for untill I got GT1 either)

Hey I just got my hands on a flash drive and copied some drift pictures on it so here are some pictures of the MR-2 and the Civic.

Hmm, dunno when I first drifted but it was back in GT2 and I was about 12 or 13 and my dad commented on where I learned to do it and I had no clue. I didn't even hear about drifting as a sport till years later when some friends were talking about D1NZ.

Pch, I don't even remember! I started doing it in GT2 as a joke. Never even heard about drifting back then. I tried to do cornering without steering in the turn itself. Later I found out that was no-countersteer drifting. I guess my favourite car back then was the 200SX or FC... Both red :P

I started in GT2... don't remember the cars or all that.

In GT4, my first drift car was a green old-gen Miata and I just loved doing Appricot hill in it.

Angstkurve at the Nurburgring - that 220km/h left-hander before the Karussell. It was purely by accident, I missed the pit entry the previous lap and so was pretty much on my rims by that time.

What happened next? Well, I tried to correct it in time for the next corner (that sharp right), but went waaaaay off the racing line and slipped down a spot.

I managed to make it to the pits later in the lap, and then drifted over Flugplatz at 200km/h on cold tyres.

rallyeditionIII
that sounds awsome.
Nurburgring is kinda scary at times for drifting, lot's of chances to mess up or slip off the line.
Yeah, it was. I was in the Takata Dome NSX and had no tyres because I missed pit entry the previous lap, but didn't know how to take photomode shots from the actual race at the time. If I had have, I would have taken some photos to show for it.

first drift ever eh? If gt2 it woulda been a 180sx at deep forest and for gt4 it would be the nismo 350z in arcade mode, map... motorland

My first true drift was in GT2, I had a Toyota Supra '94... dark gray. Trial Mountain... I was tired, not sure of what I was doing, then a corner appears out of nowhere!! OmG!! I turn in as hard as I can and press the throttle instead of the brake (by accident because I was tired)... SCREEEEEESH!!! Smoke is almost none-existent, the car begins to gain angle, and... I hit the wall, so I straighten out. Very very amazing experience that changed my view about racing.

well i wasn't really turned onto drifting untill gt3. i had gt2 and i was all about grip (i thought cars were supposed grip). but there were a few times when i was pushing it and took a corner a little sideways but i tried to improve next time around. Then when racing some new friends in gt3 i kept wondering why i was winning by 2 laps. Then I saw the drift..
so I tried with no luck. Untill one day i was on the complex string and i was told not to try to drift just try to go fast.

so in short i drifted an rx7 fc in the section of complex that has all the rolling hill s turns.

i dont meen engine stall...i meen u stall out do to too much angle...like you start the drift and get a lot of angle...you countersteer a lot and dont spin out...but do to the angle you end up to a complete stop facing the apex of the corner

ah okay, yes that happens alot in Formula D and I was wondering what to call that, so thanks for the new terminology DriftingDreamer.

off topic but:
THE SUBARU WRX WAGON IS THE BEST DRIFT CAR IN GT3.
i swear, the thing is i've been going back and drifting in gt3, since the engine is alot better and i tried out my WRX wagon....
on trial mountain i could outdrift a 350Z and a Altezza.
^_^

rallyeditionIII
off topic but:
THE SUBARU WRX WAGON IS THE BEST DRIFT CAR IN GT3.
i swear, the thing is i've been going back and drifting in gt3, since the engine is alot better and i tried out my WRX wagon....
on trial mountain i could outdrift a 350Z and a Altezza.
^_^

Glad someone agrees with me on that. GT3 is the best drifting game I've ever played. Enthusia is the most realistic. But isn't the Subaru an all wheel drive? I thought they all were after '95. I think the '94 240sx Fastback is the best drifter, fully modded with sim tires.

rsmithdrift
Glad someone agrees with me on that. GT3 is the best drifting game I've ever played. Enthusia is the most realistic. But isn't the Subaru an all wheel drive? I thought they all were after '95. I think the '94 240sx Fastback is the best drifter, fully modded with sim tires.

yknow i've been taking my white 240sx fastback out for spins in GT3 and the thing isn't working to well. my plans are just a complete overhaul including all transmission upgrades, suspension upgrades and of course a stage 2 turbo.
thank you about the GT3 thing.
i dont understand it....
i feel bad playing GT3 instead sometimes....gotta love GT4 at least once.

Back