Your First Drift Ever

I drifted in a Viper GTS in gt1 on SS5.
I drifted in a S15 in GT2 on Motorland.
I drifted in a S2k in GT3 on Rome.
I drifted in a Impreza LM in GT4 on Atum mini.
I drifted in a Skyline in MC3 in well everywhere.

Ske
How do you get those long smoke trails? Whenever I try to get good shots, I can only see 1 or maybe 2 car lengths of smoke even though I've held the drift for a week :(

Back on topic: Been driving rally "sims" for a while, plenty of drifting there ;) First GT drift was after I discovered this forum, uhm around the time of that 80's DPC @ Clubman. First one was probably on SS5 or GV, but I started practicing with the 180's on Tsukuba :crazy: .

Just press L3 to fast forward your replay. Kinda a bug in the game...:P Warning. U may have to redo the replay a few times to get the timing down to get a good shot...:P They shoulda put in a rewind button for us...:S

First drift??????????

90 Mazda Infini RX7
Track: The very last road in City circuit

I wasn't that good but still it was cool to see my car get sideways. Still working on it though:)

rallyeditionIII
good for you jellystik.
you should be happy, cuz thats one of the better drift cars.
FD or FC?

whoops, didnt come here for a while ;) but i used an FD. havent drifted in a bit tho cuz my sisters boyfriend just got a wheel, and it owns all... and i let him borrow my game lol... but he brings it here with his wheel and i drift with it :)
btw this is from page 3 lol

Drifting happened from GT1 but it wasn't something I was aiming for back then.
First real serious attempt at drifting:

I rememeber first messing around on Rome Circuit in GT3 with a Honda NSX. Not knowing much about turning off the ASM and TCS controls, I was pretty new to drifting then. I knew project gotham was fun, and I wanted to try the same powerslides in GT3, but to no success. I purchased the Logitech Driving Force 180 degree wheel and practiced alot on Rome Circuit with the aids on prohibitiing my success because I was admit about leaving the cars the way they were at the time. Then I found GTP and Cudamans videos and turned off the aids and its was on and been on since then. :)

My First Drift i think was GT1 Driving a tuned NSX Type S-Zero, my first proper car. The Circuit was Special Stage Route 5 going through the tunnel, thing of beauty it was. Lovely car as well, just a shame it no power at the start of a hill...

i remember my first drift of GT2 well... it was at Trial Mountain in im my little RX-7..
wow what a feeling... getting it right for the first time.... it seems such a long time ago now...

"The Fun Starts When The Grip Runs Out"

hmm... my first drfit was more of an "oh (expletive)" moment... it was in GT on Trial Mountain with a suped-up, um, Supra that had wa-a-ay too much power for the left-hander before the downhill tunnel... *scre-e-e-e(expletive)e-e-e-ech* :dunce:

after that, Ridge Race, Rage Racer, R4, and all that made me want to try and replicate drifts best i could in a GT game... my GT4 drifts have been a bit slow coming, but very satisying--first accomplished in a '99 S2000... :dopey:

My scariest real-life "drift" as I don't have a car: On my '60s bicycle going downhill at about 35km/h, an S-bend ahead and black ice...

Then to game drifting. I remember in GT2 taking the Midfield 1st corner in my Lancer Evo VI Rally Car so fast that the tires didn't have a chance. I guess that's inertia drifting, at least according to the GT2 manual.

And that's the way it's been ever since. I'm not much into show drifting, but speed drifting really is my thing. My best drift car at the moment is the Impreza WRC '03 with a stage 4 turbo and S2 tires (I know, I have too much power and too good tires, but I also want to go fast when drifting).

By the way, what do you people consider as drifting?

Car: 1996 Nissan 240SX Fastback X
Track: Apricot Hill

I remember, I started drifting because of HERE lol... I tought it was really cool so I asked some about the drift and everybody was saying to me: OH DUDE TRIAL MOUNTAIN IS THE PLACE !!!! THATS THE ****... I tryed Trial Mountain I was so pooooooooor so I changed for something rounder, Apricot Hill and I was drifting like a god :)

my first drift was yesterday, with a little bit tuned Sileighty at Motorland... What i did? i just smiled and thought it was fun :)

Did my first GT4 drifting the other day... Honda NSX at Deep Forest... used to be able to get some great stuff going on GT3, but for some reason it's harder in GT4 (and I'm crap at drifting too)... anyway, time to get out of this forum before Swift notices me :sly:

Back