Your First Drift Ever

my first drift was a fully modded 2000 nissan skyline at motorland
i remember i had r5 on the front and r1 on the back so every time it got a good angle it snapped back and went for the wall. so i came back with n2 up front and n3 in back and had the most perfect drift(in my book its perfect).but now i like drifting the srt4. its crazy. i go 90mph in sixth gear just smoking the tires

Video games: I dunno, probably Ridge Racer.
Gran Turismo: GT3, since that was the first GT I played, and it was probably with a Miata on Midfield or something, when I first rented the game.
Real World: Winter of 2002, with my parents' Blazer in the snow.
|- My car: Autumn of 2004, up a tight onramp, in the rain.

Drifting never occurred to me as something special or different from driving in general until two or three years ago, when my best friend and I were introduced to Initial D Arcade Stage at the local mall.

since ive been actively attempting to drift it was the double chicane on the opera circuit with the ac cobra. linked all of it i was well chuffed.

the 350Z is the best car for that course, so i'm not surprised you were able to drift it.
but then again, thats just my opinion, the Altezza is really good there too.

you guys can list, real life, in game or in any other games too.

I think my first drift in GT4 was in a 240RS.
In real life it was in my dads 2001 dodge ram quad cab. It was raining and there was a nice little S-turn, so I decided to go for it. It was so much fun. I had at least 45 degrees of angle.

My first drift is wz a Miata MX-5 RS1800 FUlly modded. Last corner of Tsukaba. A near perfect drift except the middle where I visited the dirt for a while.

In a typhoon F6...at infineon....I was going under the second bridge, downshifted and brought back around and slid through 👍

i tuned down my RX-7 fd/j '96 for drifting from 405hp to a stock 261hp.
i think it's my new favorite.
my first drift with it was on trial mountain on the first big corner after the starting line.
damn, I almost slid off but then I had some snap oversteer and it brought me back around the next turn.

fordgt150
Ford GT EL Capitain

LOL.. u're crazy :) Good job 👍 I did it on Ford GT '05 at Seattle Reverse. At the downhill jump area. Started drift before corner and held it all the way to after the corner before the hairpin. I was like :crazy:

kiukiu
LOL.. u're crazy :) Good job 👍 I did it on Ford GT '05 at Seattle Reverse. At the downhill jump area. Started drift before corner and held it all the way to after the corner before the hairpin. I was like :crazy:

now THAT my friend, is truely crazy.
:dunce: gotta go try and pull that off now.

rallyeditionIII
you guys can list, real life, in game or in any other games too.

Just realized I didn't post my first real life drift. (My first video game drift is posted on page 2.)

Anyways, my first POWERSLIDE was when I was 15 in my mom's '99 Chevy Blazer (It does slide very easily and it does ok.) But my first real drift was when I was 16 and got my first car, a blue '90 Nissan Sentra 4-door, 5-speed WITH EVERY BIT OF 84 HORSEPOWER!! WOW, I DIDN'T THINK I COULD HANDLE IT!! :lol: Anyways yeah, it was an FF so I would go out in the rain and e-brake the turns and use the throttle to straighten it out. Sometimes I would just feint or brake drift it. And with those pizza cutter tires it really get bad vibration and wheel hop. :ouch:

P.S. Don't drift an SUV. I tried link drifting it and rolled it. :ouch: 9 thousand dollars worth of damage. Also the Sentra obviously wasn't made for drifting because the steering broke in mid-drift one day. TALK ABOUT A SCARY FEELING :scared: :nervous: Now I drift a 300zx Z31. 👍

in the GT series: GT1,2,3 and 4, I didnt drift a car till GT4 :dunce: and it was the RX-7 Tuner Car at Trail mountian. In real life my first AssDraging was with my mother's 90' Dodge Colt (FF) and Drift was with my 93' Ford Mustang GT :dopey: both cars are gone now. I have a 89 Honda CRX (Pocket Rocket) :lol: soon will be driving an Scion xB :indiff:

I drifted in real life yesterday, in my integra!

It was so nice outside so I decided to take on an on-ramp (speed limit 25) and I entered a little too quick, I think like 50. I also took the turn too wide, around where dirt piles up on the side of the road. My car understeered at entry but then oversteered since I was on the outside.

Around this time I was scared off my ass, thinkin I was going to spin out and crash, but then I started to correct and my car was drifting. And it was holding for a good 2-3 seconds. I was so happy and amazed. (Thank you GT4 :D)

But then the drift wouldn't hold much longer and I was heading for the inside of the corner. Also the angle of my car started to increase. I was yet again scared of my ass. But I managed regain control of my car and stop the drift.

I went back to the on-ramp to see if there are tire marks, and there was! It was such a great feeling of accomplishment, but screw doing it again. I might crash and lose my beloved teg.

foshoazn
I drifted in real life yesterday, in my integra!

It was so nice outside so I decided to take on an on-ramp (speed limit 25) and I entered a little too quick, I think like 50. I also took the turn too wide, around where dirt piles up on the side of the road. My car understeered at entry but then oversteered since I was on the outside.

Around this time I was scared off my ass, thinkin I was going to spin out and crash, but then I started to correct and my car was drifting. And it was holding for a good 2-3 seconds. I was so happy and amazed. (Thank you GT4 :D)

But then the drift wouldn't hold much longer and I was heading for the inside of the corner. Also the angle of my car started to increase. I was yet again scared of my ass. But I managed regain control of my car and stop the drift.

I went back to the on-ramp to see if there are tire marks, and there was! It was such a great feeling of accomplishment, but screw doing it again. I might crash and lose my beloved teg.

you are crazy, no one I know would drift an FF onto an onramp going 50 mph.
you deserve the craziest drifter award, specially since there were tire marks.
:sly: good job sucka.

rallyeditionIII
you are crazy, no one I know would drift an FF onto an onramp going 50 mph.
you deserve the craziest drifter award, specially since there were tire marks.
:sly: good job sucka.

You think that's crazy. Huh. :indiff: Ever linked a set of s-curves on the interstate a 80mph in the rain? 💡 That was and is everytime I do it F'ing NUTS! :scared: Then again my friend James with his '92 integra told me once that his car is not near as stable as my Z is at speed, and that makes a huge difference. And after riding with him sideways on several occasions I understand why he won't drift above 50mph. My car practically drives it'self at that speed. SO EASY. I wouldn't think of it in a FF. SO UNSTABLE AT SPEED. Fasted I drifted the Sentra was 45mph in the rain.

Once (on accident) I was going 142mph down Signal Mountain on Highway 111. Hit the brakes for the upcoming turn at the foot of the mountain, and got sideways at 110mph. Big OOPS!!! :nervous: And just sort of wiggled my way round the rest of it once I got it back, I was at 110 when it came back, but not exactly sure of actual speed, as I was a little busey at the time. (in the dry no less) It actually broke my front sway bar in the process which would explain why it wiggled so much. (the bridges didn't help either)

P.S. In my Z I take wet on ramps sideways the whole way 'round. usually at around 45mph. Though the speedometer will occasionally say I'm going 90 :lol: Gotta love wheelspin. But I'd have to go 70 in the dry to do it and That's too much. It's scary for me drifting at speed in dry whether for some reason.

damn, i'm glad there's some true drifters still out there in the real world not consumed with coffee can mufflers and the bomex wings. Take pride in what you do.
which is drifting going 110 mph lol.

This is the setting for the car. try those two difreant tires. the one no control is so fun. and drift in maunal transmison. its better and funner.

Nissan Skyline 2000GT 67'

--Parts to Buy--

You need 214HP

Racing Chip
Racing Exhaust
N2 tires (for more fun)
S2 tires (for more control)
Full customize LSD
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Stage 3 lightening, and roll cage
Stage 2 Turbo
Racing suspension

--Settings--

Spring Rate - 3.8 / 5.0
Ride Height - 102 / 102
Shock Bound - 6 / 6
Shock Rebound - 8 / 8
Camber - 3.8 / 1.7
Toe - 1 / 1
Stabs - 3 / 1

--LSD--

Initial Torque - 30
Accel - 50
Decel - 10

--Driving Aid--
Oversteer - 0
Understeer - 20
TCS - 0

The car is still quite hard to drift, but with practice this car is kinda fun, and plus it looks cool when you see an old car go sideways

Mine was with a 800Hp+ Viper Concept on SSR5 (full course), and was from the hard left hander (U-turn like) all the way to the bottom of the hill about 4-5 turns later. Of course, this was mostly counter-steering with stock settings.

It was still fun to do. Haven't done it since, but I keep at it.
PS: Ever since that, I've gotten into settings a bit more and have been working on finding a good setup for the Viper. :)

Back