your GT3 pet hates.

• Thread starter Robin2
  • 109 comments
i'd really like to drop Diahatsu, Suzuki (yeah, the Escudo too), and Tickford for some cars i'll actually drive.

WHERE THE @%#$ IS MY M3?!

I really wish they make licenses something you tested for *after* you finished a league. So there should be seven leagues: 1) no license, 2) B license, 3) A license, 4) iB license, 5) iA license, 6) S license, 7) R license. That way, people wouldn't be able to skip ahead and race for an F1 car before they've even finished a series in Beginner League, which I feel truly ruins the game.

Also, I'd rather see larger cash awards and *no* prize cars, with a car being unlocked for each win instead.

Originally posted by F1man
They should drop the 100000 Lancers in the game. :rolleyes:

Just because there are many different Lancers doesn't meant that they need to be dropped. Have you even tried buying one or even driving it. They should drop a miata or something because they aren't any different and they won't get you that far either.

I also agree completly with bwdemon. The one thing I hate is when people finish the clubman cup, do superspeed way 70 times and do the enduro just to get an F1 when they haven't even finished half of begginer leauge.

OA

I'd like to see HP restrictions return. I would also like to see a "true" Used car lot with "reasonably" priced cars.
18 G's is way too much for a 10 year old Nissan 240sx:mad:

Originally posted by duo17
They should drop a miata or something because they aren't any different and they won't get you that far either.

I don't think the miata should be dropped. It's a fun car to use cuz it's so customizible like the trueno....The only cars i think they should drop are all of the Zondas, Fiat coupe turbo, and escudo. I say they need more Jags, BMWs, and Peugeots. ^_^

Two real pet peeves:

1) The +10% power and traction boost for the AI and -10% power and traction reduction in my car that happens after the middle race of every long series. It's like clockwork.

2) The fact that every freakin series is the same. C'mon, at least change the order we have to run the tracks in, and vary the field a little bit! And *gasp* what about having only British cars in the British cup, American cars in the American cup (Acura ain't American) and German cars in the German cup? It doesn't have to be the Japanese cars that save the day every damn time.

3) Too many Lancers and Skylines, by half. And I love the Lancers I have in my garage. There's just too damn many and they're too similar, especially considering a half dozen glaring ommissions to the car list.

ONE MORE FOR ME.
Is is really necessary to have to run any more than 5 laps at Test course?

In a VITZ? :mad:

i miss the CRX, the 94 Prelude VTEC and the MKIII Supra... these were hands down the best starting cars.

i miss the 400 or so cars they took out of GT2 when they did GT3.

i miss the fact the rest of the world is getting a Concept version of GT3, and we still don't...

:P it's not THAT good... but yeh i miss the 400 cars from gt2

I miss the Cerbera LM.

I also hate the AI pit strategy, how there's no regularity to it, and it's just plain stupid! Why, for example, does every car pit on lap 10 (of 10) in the Italian Avant Garde race I, but not at all in race II, which is the same number of laps, and on the same track? :confused:

ONE MORE...
Why must we race at Test Course and not at Complex String?
I think punting the AI cars off into the dirt would be great fun.:D

I too miss the race mods and the used cars...Some of the cars in gt2 that you didn't even know you could racemod and when you did it's like "My god that car's insane!" And used cars save the day...There are some real gems floating about in the used lot not to mention some of those rare cars you get in so many cycles of days.

More cars! The new car lot is rather skimpy...Gt2 had an amazing car lot...both new, used, and prize. Also I hate the random car win thing...at least in gt2 it was a surprise! You had to go check your garage after a race...With this it's like, "You've just spent two hours on an endurance race...We know what car you what, we'll float it around in front of you, but we won't give it to you!"

Track Diversity...There have to be more tracks...The monotony in GT3 is almost unbearable...I want a bunch more tracks, varying time of day...to be able to race any track in morning, day, dusk, and night. Also tracks, like city tracks, to have more than one route, a cross city race I think would be fun. HP restrictions need to come into play and more dedicated races...

Originally posted by Gil
ONE MORE...
Why must we race at Test Course and not at Complex String?
I think punting the AI cars off into the dirt would be great fun.:D

I agree with that completely. I think that the final race in Formula GT should be 15 laps at CS, rather than the re-run of the Cote d'Azur enduro that we have at the moment.

I also hate the inequity between me and the AI when it comes to reactions to 'friendly nudges'

Originally posted by duo17
I also agree completly with bwdemon. The one thing I hate is when people finish the clubman cup, do superspeed way 70 times and do the enduro just to get an F1 when they haven't even finished half of begginer leauge

The only thing is that, being able to do this is the only thing (game structure wise) that sets it apart from other racing games. Although I do agree with Gil that the game needs to have power restrictions. The stupid thing is that PD had them implemented (if you look on the info for a race series you see a BHP restriction thing that is never used) but they decided to add the stupid catchup thing to the AI, which is freakin useless.

My pet hate.

Why Did They Make The Lister Storm So Crap!

Well yes infact I think some of the cars are misrepresented performance wise.

Me again, with yet another one:
Why did they put the crappy Zonda's in the game and not the Venturi from GT2?
The Zonda only needs a bulldozer blade and a salt dispenser to be the world's most outrageously overpowered snowplow.

Originally posted by Gil
The Zonda only needs a bulldozer blade and a salt dispenser to be the world's most outrageously overpowered snowplow.

Try taking the time to actually tune it...

I actually have tuned it so it works pretty well, but not great. Good enough to win the Italian Cup, but it won't be my first choice for "fun drives". But tuning it to handle is sooo far away from the stock settings you need a divining rod and infinite patience to make the thing handle ok.
Whereas with the C5R you can "get in and drive". To make it better is a matter of MINOR adjustment.
The Zonda is one of those cars you tune to run the two races it is elgible for, then it becomes a "garage queen". The only thing less fun to drive is the Vitz.

Originally posted by Gil

:rscared: How can you say that about the :star: magical :Pagani: Zonda?

Vitz Race on the Test Course....is this some silly Japanese joke???You gear your car for it and automatically win but damn is that boring.

Originally posted by alex_gt

:rscared: How can you say that about the :star: magical :Pagani: Zonda?
Have you driven it?
It pushes like nobody's business!
It's fast...in a straight line. But requires a great deal of tuning to drive like a car.
Then it requires more tuning to make it drive like the sports car it is supposed to be. :mad:
It's like ice skating on dull skates, on freshly re-surfaced ice. :eek:

one thing ive hated in all three GT games is that the tyre wear is so unrealsitic. in GT3 it is amplified. a set of T8's dont even last the first corner!

Back