your GT3 pet hates.

• Thread starter Robin2
  • 109 comments
What happens?

The same thing that happens with other crs. It'll make that "doosh" noise and move to the side because it issn't realistic.

Much more realistic to have a moving object with a large mass with an enclosed driver hitting a wall and bouncing than a person bare in the wind hitting the wall on a vehicle with much less mass, the same speed, and no restraint. In my opinion motorcycles don't belong in Gran Turismo. If you want motorcycle racing, get a 'cycle racing game.

Well as said before the entire prospect of cycles just sucks in my eyes. The physics just aren't readily available to compensate for the damage caused for hitting a wall and flying off into death-land. No matter how you look at it, cars have a HUGE increase in survival from crashes, thus the reason why cars have an excuse to bounce off a wall...They are heavy, somewhat solid object that are made to withstand crashes...Motorcycles are not. Normal touring racing has many accidents but since the rigidity of being a full automobile they can keep racing. With a cycle crash the driver dies...easily. The majority of the drivers that play GT would kill their driver in the first race under proper physics. Thus...Motorcycles should be in GT. Also...say they were introduce in a later game...would you find $50 to buy that then?

Wow, thats a solid arguement. But your missing one point, the physics aren't real. If I had 50$ for a game like that, I would buy it.

And one more thing, motorcycles are so much faster than cars thatthey would always be ahead and racing with the cars.

Correct. The physics aren't real...But I'm willing to compromise on a better system. A car bouncing off a wall holds true to physics more than a motorcycle, with a driver of course, at the same speed. Oh sure...the cycle will bounce but it and the driver would not be intact.

And about the cycles being faster...That may be true but it would not be in the spirit and intent of the game itself. Motorcycles race motorcycles, cars race cars. This game has a reputation of 4-wheel, kick ass racing. Adding the two-wheeled counterpart with faulty physics and a completely different racing genre would be a corruption in my eyes...

You may want cycles but PD I'm sure is looking at the whole of the GT community. If your curiosity ensues, put up a poll and see how many people would want cycles in the next GT.

There are several good games out there for donor-cycles.
Keep watchng and waiting you'll probably find them on the 19.95 rack at Wal-Mart.

A CD for Gt2 has 700 megs of space, and a PS2 DVD has 3 gigs, now, how come we get like 100 cars and GT2 has like, 500? Eh?

Bring back those race mods, and give me some sort of challenge when I go to a rece in the game...

Originally posted by EliteRacer
A CD for Gt2 has 700 megs of space, and a PS2 DVD has 3 gigs, now, how come we get like 100 cars and GT2 has like, 500? Eh?

Bring back those race mods, and give me some sort of challenge when I go to a rece in the game...

Well I think they may have changed the lighting a little because the cars and tracks look slightly different...Not much of a change from gt2 to gt3 though...

Maybe this tiny alteration in aesthetics is possible for the lost disk space? Nah...probably not...

The reason why GT2 had over 500 cars and GT3 has less than 200 is because of development time. In GT2, it took 1-2 days to make each car, whereas in GT3 it took 1-2 weeks. If they tried to put over 500 cars in the game like in GT2, then the game would have taken much longer to complete.

This is why I am hoping that there may be some kind of way to just carry over the existing cars in GT3 to GT4. Polyphony said that the graphics in GT3 were pretty much the limit of what they could do, so maybe if they could carry over the cars and tracks from the old game, it would leave more time for new cars and tracks in the new game. However, I doubt this is possible.

Originally posted by FuryX21
The reason why GT2 had over 500 cars and GT3 has less than 200 is because of development time. In GT2, it took 1-2 days to make each car, whereas in GT3 it took 1-2 weeks. If they tried to put over 500 cars in the game like in GT2, then the game would have taken much longer to complete.

This is why I am hoping that there may be some kind of way to just carry over the existing cars in GT3 to GT4. Polyphony said that the graphics in GT3 were pretty much the limit of what they could do, so maybe if they could carry over the cars and tracks from the old game, it would leave more time for new cars and tracks in the new game. However, I doubt this is possible.

I thought that the reason why GT3 had so few cars was because the visuals too up too much room on the DVD so they didn't have enuf room to put alot of cars....

The TCS and ASM systems you cant slide or make any descent replays if anyone can tell me how 2 turn them off it would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Viper2
The TCS and ASM systems you cant slide or make any descent replays if anyone can tell me how 2 turn them off it would be greatly appreciated

Go to settings for your car...move the menu selector to where the options for Downforce, Asm,tcs, etc. reside then set them both to zero...

Originally posted by pupik
They still have TCS and "ASM" in the GT series? What's the point?

For newer racers that haven't learned to master throttle control and such so they don't spin out around tighter corners....

One of my pet hates is the fact that you can't see the HP and preparation level of the AI cars. In some series I'd really like to know if I'm just a lame-o because I can't beat stock cars with a stock car, or if they are running lots of upgrades I can't see.

It would also save time in configuring a car to be equivalent to the field in a given race, without a lot of practice/qualifying runs.

pet hate? yeah, i've got one. the professional league toyota vitz race at special stage route 11. i hate that race with a passion, a passion i tell you.

... there's one option i'd like to have. the option to crush, smash and obliterate cars you no longer have any use for. there would be nothing more satisfying than watching my pink vitz turned into a tiny, pink metal cube ...

while i'm at it, why is there even a professional league vitz race? who really cares enough about some cheap econobox to devote two entire series to it? one beginner league series was more than enough for the vitz. hell, for the next gran turismo game why not feature a hyundai excel? it makes about as much sense.

Originally posted by 12sec. Civic

yah, maybe TXR is boring, but GT3 sure as hell isn't, and those changes could only make it less boring.

no one wants a rice shop in GT3. no one smart anyway.

i hate the menus. when you click on a race it automatically goes to 'preview' instead of 'enter', and when you save it goes to 'cancel' instead of 'save' like it's supposed to.

i also hate the lack of money you get from winning races. 1500cr? wasnt the lowest in GT2 3000cr?

tire wear blows. it should be an option. i know they're trying to get as realistic as possible, but come on. it's a GAME. what's next, a gas guage? oil changes blow too.

ASM and TCS blow, but whenever i've tried to turn them off the menus just ignore me, so now i'm used to it anyway. unless the TCS and ASM lights still flash after you turn them off? i don't know.

HP limits? good riddance. i'm happy whooping supras in my 371hp miata(j) with medium tires.

I think that tires should be the first thing to buy, they really make a huge amount of difference.

get rid of miatas? I say less 4wd and FF cars. more FR.

Originally posted by mayorbill11 no one wants a rice shop in GT3. no one smart anyway.
Agreed.
i hate the menus. when you click on a race it automatically goes to 'preview' instead of 'enter', and when you save it goes to 'cancel' instead of 'save' like it's supposed to.
Also agreed.
i also hate the lack of money you get from winning races. 1500cr? wasnt the lowest in GT2 3000cr?
This doesn't bother me. Actually, lack of cash is only a problem for about the first half of Beginner level. At 60% done I only have about 1.3 megacredits in the bank, but I don't need any more really. I think the cash flow could actually be even tighter for more realism.
tire wear blows. it should be an option. i know they're trying to get as realistic as possible, but come on. it's a GAME. what's next, a gas guage? oil changes blow too.
I'm not sure if I agree or not. I'm all for flexibility and options so people can play the way they want to. But I think it is an important aspect of the game that people shouldn't be able to totally blow off, either.
ASM and TCS blow, but whenever i've tried to turn them off the menus just ignore me, so now i'm used to it anyway. unless the TCS and ASM lights still flash after you turn them off? i don't know.
The ASM and TCS that you turn off via menu only apply to the Arcade cars as far as I know, not to your garage cars. They can't be adjusted at all for the TTs and License tests. Every new car you acquire defaults to having ASM at 10 and TCS at 5 for some stupid reason, so you have to get in each car, go somewhere you can adjust the settings for that particular car, and turn them off manually via the Settings menu (under the symbol on the far right), then save the game.
HP limits? good riddance. i'm happy whooping supras in my 371hp miata(j) with medium tires.
I don't think there should be lower horsepower limits, but I would like to see upper horsepower limits.

Maybe there should be Easy and Hard versions of the Simulation mode? One with all the restrictions turned off, and the other incorporating tire wear, horsepower limits, stronger car type restrictions, etc. ?

I think the cash flow could actually be even tighter for more realism.

That is why I find starting a new GT game is always exciting, you have to buy a car and start from there. All of the most intense races I have had are allways at the start of the game, because your left underpowered against the competition and struggling to buy, say a flywheel for your Miata/Treuno/PTCruiser. The races seem more satisfying to win like that. Even when I have used an underpowered car in the latter stages to win a race it doesnt give you that sense of achivement that, it did when you were starting off.

So I would say make the game allot harder money wize all through the game.

Although we would get loads of whinging people going "oh its too hard" I would just roll and eyes at them.

This problem with the arcade mode and TCS ASM never happened to me, all I did was turn the options off initially and I never had to deal with it ever again. Although it is quite frustrating when you buy/win a new car and you realise that you have to go into the bloody menu and turn tcs and asm off for the 50th time.

take out the dam 20 lap test corse race[god dam I can't tell u how much I hate that race] and get rid of the F1 cars[this aint a dam indy car race game] and bring back the vecter,and I been waiting 4 some dam drag racing sence GT1

And thats my :2cents:

Firstly, it's not like any real life racing! There are not near enough series! I'd like to see them have a balancing mechanism too. Like if you win, you get weight added for the next race (ala Speedvision Touring Cars). Or have a few series for just the JGTC cars stock only! Something to make it about driving and not about modding.

Secondly, I'd like to see it take into account wear and tear. I have a 409hp Civic that can run enduros, ya right!

I'd like to see more cars that a semi-worthy of looking at (not 50hp dihastu). I wouldn't mind if my car (Cavalier Z24) was in there seeing as they have a bug and PT and I'll kill either of them.

I'd also like to see more personality in the drivers. Some that more aggresive than others, some will just get out of the way, whatever, just something.

Theres my beefs

- Despite tuning, the Zonda has a quarter of the car it is in real life.
- Turbo boost: Enjoyed it in 1. Bring it back
- Tuning/wear: Stick a Stage 4 turbo on something, and wind up boost, it'll go bang within x miles, but ohhh those miles!
- Less endurance races. I get bored easily.
- Not going too "rice" but some stick on bits to personalise your car would be acceptable.
- Realistic engine reponse. I can get 2 bar at 2,500 on my R34 with 1000bhp. Somehow, I don't think so.

Back