your GT3 pet hates.

• Thread starter Robin2
  • 109 comments
One thing that really gets on my tits is that in the night races, your car is ablaze with lights, but they don't even illuminate the road ahead...........they do nothing, in fact, what a waste of time.

Its a shame you can't remove your hop-ups and sell them. And the price once you buy cars is NUTS! You buy a 20k car, you sell it for 4k, even if it has ZERO miles on it. Talk about a rip-off...

It would be good to see the AI cars make errors a bit more often instead of taking nearly every track perfect.......i think it would give the game a bit more realism and improve it....AI can be to good in cases.

Yes I wish they did too. The AI is alot better in Need for Speed: Hot Pusuit 2. If you swerve near them they actaully move away from you and honk their horn. Plus if you just stop in the middle of the road they try to avoid you (unlike in GT3). They also make errors and crash into traffic as well.

Oh and another thing. If they are going to make the car really worthless and if they are going to make the car suck, why even bother putting it in the game in the first place? EX. Audi TT.

And there is one thing I really hate with the engine noise. Its on most of the cars. If you listen closely in the bakground it sounds like an electric drill. Its a high pitched noise in a way. Its not the turbo making the noise since its on NA cars too.

FP, you just answered your own question :lol:. It's a SIMULATOR! That means there is no point in having racing cars from the start of the game ;). You have to work your way up...;)

I think the oil change brings the game closer to real life.
I also think that we should add some more lancers not drop them.
The lancer II, II rally,III, III rally, IV rally and V rally should be added. They should also add the new VIII. It looks sweet. And I dont think they should drop the ZONDA. I hope.:)

I`d like to see what hp the ai is running like in gt2.You can build a car with similar hp having better competition.I miss the used cars and the old muscle.

Originally posted by FuryX21
The reason why GT2 had over 500 cars and GT3 has less than 200 is because of development time. In GT2, it took 1-2 days to make each car, whereas in GT3 it took 1-2 weeks. If they tried to put over 500 cars in the game like in GT2, then the game would have taken much longer to complete.

This is why I am hoping that there may be some kind of way to just carry over the existing cars in GT3 to GT4. Polyphony said that the graphics in GT3 were pretty much the limit of what they could do, so maybe if they could carry over the cars and tracks from the old game, it would leave more time for new cars and tracks in the new game. However, I doubt this is possible.

True, and to add some reality check to some people. GT3 was a bit rushed and pushed through to coincide with the release of the system(PS2) itself. I have seen and heard enough about GT4 to overlook these minor flaws, I believe that everyone from Die Hard GT entusiasts to the GT3, F1 to win race cheaters and casual players will be blown away, sounds like almost 800 cars, with 2 sad exceptions being Ferrari and Porsche, but for me, Ive been into this game since the beginning and cant wait for the next installment.

am i the only one who doesnt like lancers? sure, any car can rock if tuned properly, but I'm about racing cars the way they come off the lot.

can you say understeer?:banghead:

No Ferrari! :banghead:

"NFS: Hot Pursuit 2" does not meet my needs. Some supercars are long overdue IMO.

Lamborghini Diablo (not the JGTC, the "normal ones")
Lamborghini Murcielago
Ferrari Enzo (dont argue, this is the ultimate driving machine)
Ferrari 550
McLaren F1 (still kicks serious booty, but i think the Enzo edges the F1 even though this car has higher est. top speed).

Also it would be nice to see tire marks from our cars instead of pre-drawn ones on the track.

I hate the fact that they had to stick the Test Course in so many championships, like the dreaded Yaris cup. Anything over 2 or 3 laps in the Test Course is torture.

on long races of the test course my finger gets sore just holding down the X button
in long races of other tracks my fingers are active so they dont get sore

i hate the fact that when you finished beginner and amatuer league you got a little film clip, and then when you finished pro seiries there was nothing.... that was one of my driving forces to achieving 100% and when i did it it was a complete anti-climax

Back