Your GT5P setup

• Thread starter Noah
  • 571 comments
sweet setup mu22stang 👍
I'd love to have the same inverted pedals but that's impossible with my playseat evo

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3204010&postcount=7

New pictures of updated pedalbox:

photo54ou3.jpg

photo55sf2.jpg

photo56of3.jpg

photo57sa8.jpg

Last edited:
sweet setup mu22stang 👍
I'd love to have the same inverted pedals but that's impossible with my playseat evo

Thanks bobzed. But, don't sell yourself short on how simple modifying your setup can be. Rewarding, too. Just look at GTP_Tzayad - he actually changed his inverted pedals twice.

I made this table out of the least mouldy wood from a wall we tore down in our basement so not only is it stunningly attractive and highly functional, it's also eco friendly! :)

gt-setup.jpg

This is my current setup:

-37" Full HD Panasonic Viera LCD TV
-G25
-wireless keyboard and mouse
-17" Toshiba laptop
-Old table which used to be my desk when I was a student
-Some chair I found around the house

and of course the PS3, PS2 and digicorder for digital TV.

I'd like to replace this all with a decent setup.
I will either make one myself if I find a good seat or just buy a playseat, but I'm not sure which one yet. This setup does the job for now.

I still have a few mods to go like handbrake, inverted pedals, permanent attachment for the Screen, somewhere to attach some speakers.

I had it setup in the loungeroom which you can see on the right with a 42 inch sony lcd and a 7.1 setup but it was too much of a hassle moving it around.

photo4.jpg

Setup.jpg

Hello. :)
My PS3 display (and gaming PC display also) currently consists of an Epson 1080UB Digital Projector projecting a 110" 1920x1080p 60Hz image on a white wall. It's a small (12' x 12') room.
Here are some pictures:

I'm still on the process of getting a proper projection screen, and covering the side room walls with black cloth, to prevent light reflections in the room.
Side walls, back wall, and ceiling still white unfortunately, so there are still unwanted bouncing light reflections inside the room, causing non-optimal color balance and perceived contrast ratio. But it's already amazing, as it is now.

The pictures above are random screenshots from these small camcorder-shot clips:

It's far better to see it in motion, so check them out. 👍
It's razor sharp when viewing in-person.

Last edited:
I still have a few mods to go like handbrake, inverted pedals, permanent attachment for the Screen, somewhere to attach some speakers.

I had it setup in the loungeroom which you can see on the right with a 42 inch sony lcd and a 7.1 setup but it was too much of a hassle moving it around.

photo4.jpg

Setup.jpg

Looks good, did you do the welding yourself?

Yeah welding done myself with the old man helping with measurements etc.

Not much experience on the welder but its pretty solid.

Couldnt go back to a controller for any racing game ever again.

The day before the final of GTP event 01 me and my dad made a setup for my wheel. Here are some pictures of it:

Still needs some adjustments and some paint aswell, but it does the job for now :)

The day before the final of GTP event 01 me and my dad made a setup for my wheel. Here are some pictures of it:

Still needs some adjustments and some paint aswell, but it does the job for now :)

Looks very simular to mine, Nice one mate, and props to your dad for helping you make it. 👍

Looks very simular to mine, Nice one mate, and props to your dad for helping you make it. 👍

Thanks mate.

I know, I showed him a couple of setups from this thread as an example and yours was one of them :sly:

Well Christmas has come and gone, I know you guys have new toys?:D I finally got my shifter mounted in my chair and have been enjoying my new G25 setup.

GT5P_setup_6_E.jpg

GT5P_setup_2_E.jpg

GT5P_setup_5_E.jpg

See ya on the track :cheers:

Nice clean setup Noah, I really dig the refrigerator in the lower corner of your desk - Convenient when you need a nice cold one :cheers:. How is the shifter? A little odd at that angle I would think?

Nice clean setup Noah, I really dig the refrigerator in the lower corner of your desk - Convenient when you need a nice cold one :cheers:. How is the shifter? A little odd at that angle I would think?

Haha.... Every single person that ever comes in my room says I like the fridge. It's not one, lol. It's just a cabinet that opens up for storage connected to the desk. However I did just get a very nice black fridge in my room the other day but it's not in the picture. Yeah and I chose not to use the shifter for the G25 because I think that it just feels very cheap and unrealistic. I chose to just use the paddles. That's why its at an award position.

Haha.... Every single person that ever comes in my room says I like the fridge. It's not one, lol. It's just a cabinet that opens up for storage connected to the desk. However I did just get a very nice black fridge in my room the other day but it's not in the picture. Yeah and I chose not to use the shifter for the G25 because I think that it just feels very cheap and unrealistic. I chose to just use the paddles. That's why its at an award position.

I was going to ask how awkward is it to shift with the shifter set in such severe angle. While I agree that shifter feels cheap when you use for H shifting but I usually set to sequential and use that on cars that are not known for having paddle shifter.

I was going to ask how awkward is it to shift with the shifter set in such severe angle. While I agree that shifter feels cheap when you use for H shifting but I usually set to sequential and use that on cars that are not known for having paddle shifter.

Yeah, I have thought about giving that a try.

Here's my set up which I finished tweaking today to reduce noise to zero for the living room below.

Photo-0018.jpg

A bit of 'spaghetti' lying about, a hard floor was the biggest problem which I really got creative to overcome any noise.

My chair backs against my bed (which backs against my wall) which nicely jams the seat in so it won't move, but the legs strained on the floor when I drive a bit to hard, making noise. The fix? I've stuck a sock under each leg :lol: also see the material under the pedals? The noise was intialling travelling through the metal which it lays on, so I have stuck a towel underneath and now my parents don't hear a thing from me no matter how hard I drive the thing.

G25 + HDTV + GT5P = WIN!

I'm pleased, it's alot more comfortable in this set up then I expected and I've gotten used to shifting very quickly with the clutch (I don't own a car nor have had any driving lessons or so on, only 5 mins in a friends car, although I have alot of motorbike experience). The G25 has also served me well thus far, much better then my first wheel a long time ago, a DFP, which had to be sold as back then (old house) there was no way to fit it properly although I actually had more space then.

My setup is pretty typical, but I flat out love it. Logitech G25, Playseat Evolution, Toshiba HDTV, and Infinity speakers w/Dolby surround sound.

smallpic2.jpg

I just picked up the G25. I'm definately going to upgrade to a racing seat or playseat type setup.

I can't beleive I went this long without the G25. My DFP was doing the job fine but this is WAY better. Now I need to get serious before the FULL gt5 comes out later this year/next.

smallpic2.jpg

I just picked up the G25. I'm definately going to upgrade to a racing seat or playseat type setup.

I can't beleive I went this long without the G25. My DFP was doing the job fine but this is WAY better. Now I need to get serious before the FULL gt5 comes out later this year/next.

Nice and simple setup, but I like it.

Latest Posts

Back