Votes: 197 19.1%
  • Cable modem

Votes: 419 40.6%
  • DSL

Votes: 346 33.6%
  • Dial-up modem (56k or slower)

Votes: 69 6.7%

• Total voters
At least you're getting fibre, it looks like we're only getting fixed wireless in my area. :indiff:

Oh man, that sux the big one. The more remote rural areas of Tassie will be the same mate, we won't be getting fibre all over the state. We're moving to Launceston or Hobart at the end of this year, so we'll be looking for areas that already have fibre. We currently live in the north west, which is more rural, and even the ADSL here is shaky.

Edit: The funny thing about the "NBN" fibre rollout here in Tas, is that when Labor first started it, their plan was to start at one point of the state, and roll it out over the whole state. They started at the north-west tip, at Smithton. Then, shortly after that, they were voted out, and the libs changed the plan. Now we've got fibre at the two main cities, and in Smithton. For perspective, Smithton has a population of less than 4,000, most of which are either farmers or drug manufacturers (Big crystal meth problem out there). But at least they've got 50mb/s internet :lol:

Last edited:
This is utterly appalling considering my line of work, and it's becoming increasingly more difficult to conduct my work due to poor internet, however I'm locked into a contract for the next nine months. Is there anything I can do?

5348933992.png

Anyone know of a way to improve upload speeds?

Mine is a dismal 2 Mb/s upload and I am trying to put a 1GB file on OneDrive. Looks like it's going to take hours!

In this day and age people put just as much (if not more) stuff up on the web as they download and yet we are still in the dark ages with the up and down speed difference!

@Obelisk If by "cut-out thing" you mean the smaller images everyone is posting, it's from the desktop version of the website, which has a "share" button. I don't think the app does that.

TB
You're going over wireless so your router might not be able to push that much out. Try a hard wired PC.
I'll do that if I can, but the router itself is wired into something else.

My brother's new internet (used mostly for watching streamed videos), expected it to be faster than this.

5435868236.png

It's better than our main one but not much.

image.jpeg
Internet feels alright. Not consistent but when it's running well it does the job. Big upgrade from my previous 10mb/s down and 0.4mb/s up

Back