• Cable modem

Votes: 419 40.6%
  • DSL

Votes: 346 33.6%
  • Dial-up modem (56k or slower)

Votes: 69 6.7%

• Total voters
1332239304.png

How can you stand 3Mbps download speed? It must take forever and a day to download anything. I've got 60Mbps down and 4Mbps up.
I've lived with it a bit too much, I've never experienced faster speeds :lol: Once I get some money income then maybe I'll ask my dad to upgrade.

5460081938.png

So much better than the booty internet I dealt with for a long time. From 4 mbps and literally no upload to this is a mega difference

@Smurfybug, you should tell your parents (or whoever deals with the internet in your household) to call up Comcast and see if they can get a better price. You'll need to do some negotiating probably but it's worth it. Remember how I used to have pretty much the same internet as you? This is what I have now:

5460115023.png

We used to pay around $40-45 a month for 3mbps download /1 upload which is obviously a rip-off. Now we are paying for the speed above at $25. :) (Keep in mind the only service we have from Concast is internet so your situation may be slightly different.)

---

5460081938.png

So much better than the booty internet I dealt with for a long time. From 4 mbps and literally no upload to this is a mega difference

Wow, how much did you bribe them for?

@Smurfybug, you should tell your parents (or whoever deals with the internet in your household) to call up Comcast and see if they can get a better price. You'll need to do some negotiating probably but it's worth it. Remember how I used to have pretty much the same internet as you? This is what I have now:

5460115023.png

We used to pay around $40-45 a month for 3mbps download /1 upload which is obviously a rip-off. Now we are paying for the speed above at $25. :) (Keep in mind the only service we have from Concast is internet so your situation may be slightly different.)
We pay for the same service you do! Just internet. Exact same price as well. I'll see if my dad feels like fighting Concast over the phone anytime soon. :sly:

I tried running speedtest with my phone with 4G/LTE enabled. Couldn't take a screenshot but I literally had a 6 Mpbs download speed and... 23 Mpbs upload.

5499650348.png

The speed used to be around 15 a few months ago and now it ranges from 30 to 40. Thing is, my mother didn't even pay for an upgrade so we don't even know why or how this happened.

For reference, this is what it used to be:
5289713151.png

Not that me or my mother are complaining or anything. :)

Last edited:

I live waaaay out in the country and used to get 0.24mbps "broadband" until we struck gold last year and they ran an Infinity fiber optic cable along the main road nearby. Upload speed is still rubbish though because we are so far from the exchange or cab or whatever the Hell they called it. It's normally around 1.1mbps.
Still, I usually get around 15mbps download and everything I need to do works fine.

I've got one of the cheapest available packages in the Netherlands because I don't need anything faster (except when I want to upstream HD)

Capture.PNG

So Internet in the Salt Lake area is pretty good. Shame I'm outside the Google Fiber zone.

5723452848.png

upload_2016-10-30_16-37-1.png

I'm being throttled at peak times to exactly 8.33 Mbps. Off peak is not much higher. :indiff:

It's funny because a few years ago I was getting 11-13 Mbps. I guess as more people in the area are heavily using the internet the collective speed has gone down and the ISP's have put no effort into increasing capacity because they want to try and "encourage" everyone to switch to fibre.

Last edited:

I live waaaay out in the country and used to get 0.24mbps "broadband" until we struck gold last year and they ran an Infinity fiber optic cable along the main road nearby. Upload speed is still rubbish though because we are so far from the exchange or cab or whatever the Hell they called it. It's normally around 1.1mbps.
Still, I usually get around 15mbps download and everything I need to do works fine.

I know how that feels and I'm not as remote as you but if the connection breaks it can take BT a week or so to fix it. :/

Back